• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pre-ordering Black and White?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i dont have the money, but im hoping to pre-order it asap :)
    but knowing my big sister, shell pull a miracle and get it for me :P

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm from UK and it all depends the difference between the US release and the UK release, for example if it was release in US 23rd March and then more than a month later in UK about 30th April or longer, then i'd pre-order from US but if it was released in UK about 10 days after US then i'd be out buying it instantly, i'd first to buy it, can't wait for this! :)
    One thing for sure, the day it comes out here in the UK will be the day I buy it, I might even buy both Black & White... even though I have White in japanese and will probally be getting the third game (if there is one :P)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I pre-ordered/imported my Japanese White, but I don't think I'll be pre-ordering my English Black.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I will be pre-ordering both games in January... I can not wait til its release.

Off topic: Sydian your set is so adorable! I love it.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I'm waiting because if there is a pre-order gift, like figures or something, I want it. So I'll pre-order the games then.

If my waiting is for nothing, then that's okay. I have both games in Japanese.

Years
    I want to preorder BW, but I don't have a DS (used to play on emulator)

does anyone have any suggestions about the DS I should get? i don't know whether I should get a DS lite or DSxl, I don't want a 3DS. Also, if I get a DS in my country (which is near Japan so I think it would be a Japanese DS), would the US BW game work on it? The preorder page says it's DSi enhanced, and I don't know what that means but I'm told that it means it will be region locked? D:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Still haven't decided if I should pre-order.

If I do it will probably be Black.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    A month prior to Black and White's release in the US, I'll pre-order both versions like I did with HG/SS.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Pre-order? Is there really a point to that? Sure you might get a little plastic 'surprise' with it, but why not just go to a store on the release day and buy it? It's not like it will be sold out everywhere immediately anyway...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Pre-order? Is there really a point to that? Sure you might get a little plastic 'surprise' with it, but why not just go to a store on the release day and buy it? It's not like it will be sold out everywhere immediately anyway...

Taking that as you not pre-ordering, then? XD

Anyway, I don't plan to pre-order, since it's easier for me if I just go get it on the release date. :D;

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Taking that as you not pre-ordering, then? XD

Anyway, I don't plan to pre-order, since it's easier for me if I just go get it on the release date. :D;

I never pre-order for the same reason you just gave. It might even take me longer to get the games if I decided to pre-order! :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2011
    What does dsi enhanced mean if I have a ds lite? That would suck if I couldn't get it for my ds lite.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    What does dsi enhanced mean if I have a ds lite? That would suck if I couldn't get it for my ds lite.
    It just means more features are available on the DSi, such as Live Caster. Having a DS Lite is okay, it's unaffected by it. That's all DSi enhanced means. You can still play it on a DS Lite with no problems.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I'm not going to pre-order it, just buy it on the release date...
    I'm buying White, since I have Japanese Black. Then, when the third game comes out, I'll buy that.
    Also, is every Black and White DSI- Enhanced?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i preordered it yesterday. so excited now i can play the games in english (games are really awesome btw)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'm thinking about pre-ordering White with my Best Buy gift cards I got for Christmas, but I first need to buy Pokemon SoulSilver first. I'm more interested in White than Black for some reason. I'll make sure I'll get to pre-order it before the release date.

Back