• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

Years
    I don't think they will give Rayquaza one. I think there will more a scene of "Oh no the reverted Kyogre/Groudon is too powerful! We must get the one equal in power, Rayquaza!!!!" or something like that.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I don't think they will give Rayquaza one. I think there will more a scene of "Oh no the reverted Kyogre/Groudon is too powerful! We must get the one equal in power, Rayquaza!!!!" or something like that.

That'll mean that their stat boosts will only like 10 points, if more they'll be unequal. I think Rayquaza will get one. After all it is as old as those two. I think it's Primal Reversion will have a longer body made up of more segments than it's modern self. Also it will proably have a greenish glow like wind going across it's body to parallel the water inside Primal Kyogre and the magma inside Primal Groudon.

Years
    Rayquaza could get a Primal form, it could not. Time will tell, but if we're assuming it does, I think Primal Rayquaza would get a Speed buff, as well as a new ability to keep the trend with Groudon and Kyogre going. Not sure what exactly that would do, though, considering Air Lock's so useful already. :c

Years
    Rayquaza could get a Primal form, it could not. Time will tell, but if we're assuming it does, I think Primal Rayquaza would get a Speed buff, as well as a new ability to keep the trend with Groudon and Kyogre going. Not sure what exactly that would do, though, considering Air Lock's so useful already. :c

If it doesn't get one I'm going to petition for an Emerald Remake with Primal Rayquaza on the cover... which if they plan to make Delta Emerald a real thing they could do that...seeing how they seem to have purposely made Kyurem and Zygarde weaker than the other two (by a lot...) in order to beef them up in future games (I'm assuming they'll beef up Zygarde). I hope they have it in these games though...

A speed buff would be good.

I think they could give it an existing but rare ability like Aerilate (which only Pinsir has) as it lacks good flying type moves. Or maybe a new ability that gives it Electric Stab (I want it to be an electric type but it'll feel weird if they take away it's flying type seeing how it's what makes it the Sky legendary...and it's Dragon type is very useful).

Years
    Maybe it's just me, but if by chance they decide to actually make Delta Emerald into an actual game, they might save Primal Rayquaza for that. I mean, why not? It's the mascot of the game, and that's what happened with Groudon and Kyogre for Ruby and Sapphire's remakes. It would make a lot of sense, imho. Still in doubts that Delta Emerald will ever exist though d:

Years
    Maybe it's just me, but if by chance they decide to actually make Delta Emerald into an actual game, they might save Primal Rayquaza for that. I mean, why not? It's the mascot of the game, and that's what happened with Groudon and Kyogre for Ruby and Sapphire's remakes. It would make a lot of sense, imho. Still in doubts that Delta Emerald will ever exist though d:

I think the same thing, should they make DE real.

I heard of people saying they'll like to see Primal Magikarp but I wonder if they'll even give base stage Pokemon Primal reversions...

Years
    I think Ancient Magikarp may be it's own Pokémon. It could be a fossil with a name like Relikarp. It could be the second modern Pokémon to be related to a fossil if one beleives the Shildon line is related to the Aron line theory.

Years
    I would rather see Relicanth get a Primal Reversion form than Magikarp, to be honest. Gyarados already gets a Mega evolution, so it'd be a bit much to give that line both! Which is why I don't think Aerodactyl would get a Primal form if some of the other fossils do. I think the main candidates are Cradily and Armaldo because they're the fossil-mon of Hoenn.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    If rayquaza gets a primal form, which I can't imagine not happening, I think it'll either have an ability similar to zygarde's (Perhaps causing sunny day and rain to hurt groudon and kyogre respectively), or, less realistically, forecast, so it could use weather to its advantage rather than just cancelling it.

Years
    If rayquaza gets a primal form, which I can't imagine not happening, I think it'll either have an ability similar to zygarde's (Perhaps causing sunny day and rain to hurt groudon and kyogre respectively), or, less realistically, forecast, so it could use weather to its advantage rather than just cancelling it.
    That would be interesting, and could allow those who wanted two Primal Rayquazas their wish while actually being one with two formes...well more than two if it has an ice forme...you know that would be very interesting to see...but it could fit considering the climate has changed so much over time from being hot to cold to "average" to damp/humid...

Years
    Yeah, What if Phoebe and Wallace have some kind of connection, flesh out the story a bit more considering the Cave of Origin wasn't much of an influence compared to Mt. Pyre?

Maybe, but he's not really related to it's keepers (that we know of) he acts more as the guardian of Sootopolis city than just the cave.

If Spencer returns he could play a role in the Sootopolis debacle. After all he seems to have some connection to Kyogre going from the lines on his body (maybe they'll change them to Mega Kyogre's lines) and sapphire topped staff. Maybe he could tell us a little about Primal Reversion. It's high time a Frontier Brain did something in story (irc Palmer had a little role in the Sinnoh games with being Barry's father but that was mostly it).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sadly, I can't imagine former happening. Rayquaza's supposed to be the peacekeeper here, and bring happiness among both Groudon and Kyogre. If it were to hurt them, however, they would be angered even more than they already are, which just wouldn't make sense.

Years
    Sadly, I can't imagine former happening. Rayquaza's supposed to be the peacekeeper here, and bring happiness among both Groudon and Kyogre. If it were to hurt them, however, they would be angered even more than they already are, which just wouldn't make sense.

Then maybe a new ability that both stops weather and boosts flying type moves? It could be one of a kind.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Perhaps Rayquaza's primal regression form will also emit a 'peace aura' or something? Like if the weather is already calm then Rayquaza's speed or something would rise. If there's a weather effect then Rayquaza would just negate it, but there won't be a speed boost.

Years
    Perhaps Rayquaza's primal regression form will also emit a 'peace aura' or something? Like if the weather is already calm then Rayquaza's speed or something would rise. If there's a weather effect then Rayquaza would just negate it, but there won't be a speed boost.

That sounds good too. In a way it'll also allows the other two to have a little of an advantage/nerf a Primal Rayquaza.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Not really. A lot of times, if a bigger and stronger animal even just nudges a smaller one, the latter will turn tail and run in the opposite direction. Rayquaza scaring the cover legendaries by roughing them up a bit makes quite a bit of sense. Rayquaza is a peacekeeper, yes, but that doesn't mean he has to baby the two. Especially after they become primal, it may be a sort of "The gloves are off"-type situation. They're probably going to gain a lot of power, and if rayquaza has to knock them around to keep them from killing each other, he would.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years

Yeah, however, the two Primal forms seem to be the legendaries harnessing the power that they had when they created the lands/oceans, instead of just bein angry like PMD Dialga. How could Rayquaza stop them if it didn't have the amount of power? ;)

Years
    Primal Groudon and Kyogre become gigantic when they devolve, as well as gaining stat buffs and a new ability. Both seem like absolute beasts, and Rayquaza may need a Primal form to handle them. For perspective, Primal Groudon outweights Rayquaza by about 1750 pounds, and Kyogre by around 500 pounds.

Years
    Maybe Spencer's related to Phoebe in some way, and they together explain to the player Primal Reversion and how it occurs. I'd certainly like one of the Brains to get some action in the main story line of Hoenn's plot, and due to his staff, Spencer is probably the most likely. Probably make an appearance at Mt. Pyre, and maybe even appear in Sootopolis before the legendaries do battle.

Back