• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Maybe Spencer's related to Phoebe in some way, and they together explain to the player Primal Reversion and how it occurs. I'd certainly like one of the Brains to get some action in the main story line of Hoenn's plot, and due to his staff, Spencer is probably the most likely. Probably make an appearance at Mt. Pyre, and maybe even appear in Sootopolis before the legendaries do battle.

Maybe her other grandfather? (everyone has two pair of grandparents after all).
    I think Phoebe will likely give the item (if not the evil team leader himself) for the Primal Reversions.
    Or maybe if we show Spencer (he could have a little house outside of the Castle) both Primal Groudon and Kyogre he'll tell us about Primal Rayquaza or something along those lines.

Years
    Primal Groudon and Kyogre become gigantic when they devolve, as well as gaining stat buffs and a new ability. Both seem like absolute beasts, and Rayquaza may need a Primal form to handle them. For perspective, Primal Groudon outweights Rayquaza by about 1750 pounds, and Kyogre by around 500 pounds.

Not only that but the official site gives Primal Kyogre a larger height than modern Rayquaza... So the serpent should be taller to handle those large and heavy beast...

Of course though sadly Primal Rayquaza will not be plot significant if the story does turn out like RS'.

Years
    Could be that we get Primal Groudon and Kyogre, it goes down between the two of them, Rayquaza comes in, stops them, you go to defeat the elite four and champion, all is well, and then you hear of Rayquaza causing trouble. Go to wherever it's located in ORAS, could be the Tower, or some new area, and find that he's in his Primal form as well, and you must capture it to bring peace again.

Years
    Could be that we get Primal Groudon and Kyogre, it goes down between the two of them, Rayquaza comes in, stops them, you go to defeat the elite four and champion, all is well, and then you hear of Rayquaza causing trouble. Go to wherever it's located in ORAS, could be the Tower, or some new area, and find that he's in his Primal form as well, and you must capture it to bring peace again.

I suggested something like that in another thread (or maybe it was this one...probably mentioned it more than once...). I hope that it happens.

Years
    Just letting you guys know that we've decided to merge the primal reversion speculation thread onto this one. There's really no need for two topics on basically the same thing when all things related to it can be discussed in a single thread; helps new members spot things easier as well as being more organized.

Be sure to discuss and speculate here now!

Years
    I have been thinking that we may simply get the Primal Reversion items during the story, especially if they are the Orbs.

I had been assuming that the clash between Groudon and Kyogre would happen as it did in Emerald, but what if it doesn't? The story will likely focus on our version's box legendary, so perhaps the part where they fight each other and Rayquaza is awakened will be replaced with a new scene of our legendary going out of control.

If the Primal Reversion items are the Orbs, we may get to keep them this time around after we obtain them from their shrine at Mt. Pyre. Of course, we would still probably have to revisit the summit, if only to be told that we are indeed allowed to keep them, and maybe to be taught how to use them properly, so that the Pokémon they empower doesn't go out of control, like it probably will during the story.

As for Rayquaza's Orb, it could be similar to HGSS, and we have to either obtain both Orbs (each would be version exclusive), or obtain both Groudon and Kyogre (perhaps, again similar to HGSS, only ones caught in ORAS would trigger whatever event gives us Rayquaza's Orb).

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    I have been thinking that we may simply get the Primal Reversion items during the story, especially if they are the Orbs.

I had been assuming that the clash between Groudon and Kyogre would happen as it did in Emerald, but what if it doesn't? The story will likely focus on our version's box legendary, so perhaps the part where they fight each other and Rayquaza is awakened will be replaced with a new scene of our legendary going out of control.

If the Primal Reversion items are the Orbs, we may get to keep them this time around after we obtain them from their shrine at Mt. Pyre. Of course, we would still probably have to revisit the summit, if only to be told that we are indeed allowed to keep them, and maybe to be taught how to use them properly, so that the Pokémon they empower doesn't go out of control, like it probably will during the story.

As for Rayquaza's Orb, it could be similar to HGSS, and we have to either obtain both Orbs (each would be version exclusive), or obtain both Groudon and Kyogre (perhaps, again similar to HGSS, only ones caught in ORAS would trigger whatever event gives us Rayquaza's Orb).

Primal Reversion is still a mystery, but I imagined it, how you did. With the orbs, acting like a sort of a mega stone. Rayquaza, I think won't have his own orb in game, im guessing, a sort of event maybe. I doubt Rayquaza being a primary focus on the plot

Years

At first I thought the items could be exclusive. But now that I think about it, if they are the orbs they wouldn't need to be. Considering both are said to never be kept apart. So they may give us both. So perhaps we'll get the third orb after getting the opposite mascot then. Unless it's not the orbs after all...

Years
    Primal Reversion is still a mystery, but I imagined it, how you did. With the orbs, acting like a sort of a mega stone. Rayquaza, I think won't have his own orb in game, im guessing, a sort of event maybe. I doubt Rayquaza being a primary focus on the plot

Well, I assume Rayquaza will have an Orb because Primal Reversion seems to be an in-battle transformation like Mega Evolution, so Rayquaza would also need something to allow it to happen, if he does receive a Primal Forme.

At first I thought the items could be exclusive. But now that I think about it, if they are the orbs they wouldn't need to be. Considering both are said to never be kept apart. So they may give us both. So perhaps we'll get the third orb after getting the opposite mascot then. Unless it's not the orbs after all...

I like that possibility. The Orbs would be safe with the one who stopped the Team who tried stealing one of them, and who also stopped the Pokémon they awoke. And since they are supposed to stay together, giving the player both Orbs would make sense: they remain together, and they are constantly under the protection of someone who they know is a capable Trainer.

And I just thought of another possibility, if the Primal Reversion items are not the Orbs:

It could be possible that all three Pokémon use the same item to Primal Reverse, since it seems that Primal Reversion happens because of nature's energy. So, if the Reversion item is a container or a conductor for that energy, then that same single item could work for any of them, because what counts is the natural energy that the Pokémon absorbs, and all the item would do is move that natural energy from itself or from the world into the Pokémon.

Years
    Well, I assume Rayquaza will have an Orb because Primal Reversion seems to be an in-battle transformation like Mega Evolution, so Rayquaza would also need something to allow it to happen, if he does receive a Primal Forme.

I like that possibility. The Orbs would be safe with the one who stopped the Team who tried stealing one of them, and who also stopped the Pokémon they awoke. And since they are supposed to stay together, giving the player both Orbs would make sense: they remain together, and they are constantly under the protection of someone who they know is a capable Trainer.

And I just thought of another possibility, if the Primal Reversion items are not the Orbs:

It could be possible that all three Pokémon use the same item to Primal Reverse, since it seems that Primal Reversion happens because of nature's energy. So, if the Reversion item is a container or a conductor for that energy, then that same single item could work for any of them, because what counts is the natural energy that the Pokémon absorbs, and all the item would do is move that natural energy from itself or from the world into the Pokémon.

I think that the item to Primal Reverse will be attachable like a Mega stone (while the player will probably use their Mega Bracelet or a Primal version of it). I guess they could have the Mega Stone like item work for all three. I did think before what if there was a Mega stone that worked for more than one. I guess they could do that, if it's not the orbs. Or...maybe the orbs could fuse together to create the item, mimicking the power they used to have.

Years
    The main thing that having to equip a hold item does to a Pokemon is it restricts them from utilizing useful items like Choice series, Leftovers, etc in competitive battling. However, Pokemon as naturally powerful as Kyogre and Groudon may not be as effected by this as lesser Pokemon would have.

Years
    The main thing that having to equip a hold item does to a Pokemon is it restricts them from utilizing useful items like Choice series, Leftovers, etc in competitive battling. However, Pokemon as naturally powerful as Kyogre and Groudon may not be as effected by this as lesser Pokemon would have.
    If they'll Primal Reversion's trigger their signature moves they'll proably have a lot more to gain from holding that item indeed...

I want to see Primal Regis. Like Primal Regice can get Snow Warning as a reference to how it was made during the ice age, Primal Regirock can get Sandstream as a reference to where it's found (at least in the Hoenn and Sinnoh (well Pt) games as that wasn't the case for the Unova sequesl), Primal Registeel can get Filter (like Mega Aggron), and Primal Regigigas can get Adaptability as it is a golem which is similar to a robot, you'll think it'll be able to adapt to it's surroundings.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Actually, Primal Regis are not bad to see. Maybe their primal symbols could be their markings? It kinda is possible considering that they are uhm how you say, ancient, and the puzzles with Relicanth and Wailord suggest so, since Relicanth IS an ancient Pokemon.

Years
    Actually, Primal Regis are not bad to see. Maybe their primal symbols could be their markings? It kinda is possible considering that they are uhm how you say, ancient, and the puzzles with Relicanth and Wailord suggest so, since Relicanth IS an ancient Pokemon.
    That and Regice is said to go back to the Ice age (I'm assuming the latest one) which is said to have occurred over 8,000 years ago. Which in Pokémon time will make it older than the Unova dragons which were created 3000 years ago in the Pokeuniverse...
    Regirock may have been made during the Stone age which goes is said to have ended in 6000 BC or 2000 BC.
    And Registeel...well you get my point, they're OLD...but not too old which explains why Wailord and Humans were around if one trusts Regice' dex entry.

Years
    Yeah, the Regis didn't really have much of a presence in the story line, but it could make sense for them to be more involved with the whole Primal study in ORAS. Maybe Steven sets out to collect the three of them, and asks you to help, but once you catch the three of them, you encounter Primal Regigigas! Totally unlikely, but it's always fun to speculate. d:

Years
    I think they'll be held secret. But I do think they should give the Regi's something seeing how someone is Pacificlog town refers to them as guardians, titans, or powers of Hoenn. After getting all three and defeating Regigigas we may discover their primal forms. Under this scenerio the Latis will get Megas and the two trios will get Primal reversions. Jiranchi and Deoxys...may get Megas? I'll balance out the legends of Hoenn a little with them being slightly more Primal over Megas to fit in with Primal Reversion being a new thing in Hoenn.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I don't think that Jirachi and Deoxys are eligible for Primal Reversions as they don't have that ancient power inside of them. Considering Jirachi only wakes up every 1000 years or so, and Deoxys as a mutant alien, there's not much to be seen from them as getting all Ancient on us.

Years
    I don't think that Jirachi and Deoxys are eligible for Primal Reversions as they don't have that ancient power inside of them. Considering Jirachi only wakes up every 1000 years or so, and Deoxys as a mutant alien, there's not much to be seen from them as getting all Ancient on us.

Well Jiranchi is old, as you said it awakens every 1000 years. Perhaps a Primal Jiranchi used to have enough energy that it didn't need to go to sleep, but since it lost the natural energy it now needs to sleep, or something like that.

Years
    If they don't keep Primal Reversion exclusive to Groudon and Kyogre, I think all of the other Hoenn legendary Pokemon could make a case for a devolved form. The only one that wouldn't make too much sense would be Deoxys, and even then, it's a relatively cryptic Pokemon species and something new about its past could be revealed to warrant a Primal form.

Years
    If they don't keep Primal Reversion exclusive to Groudon and Kyogre, I think all of the other Hoenn legendary Pokemon could make a case for a devolved form. The only one that wouldn't make too much sense would be Deoxys, and even then, it's a relatively cryptic Pokemon species and something new about its past could be revealed to warrant a Primal form.

Deoxys seems like a Pokemon that could get the Mewtwo treatment, getting an Omega Mega and an Alpha Mega. One could focus on making it fast and hit hard but have low defenses, while the other will be slow but hit very hard, and have high defenses. That's if they don't have it's formes change along with it's Mega that is. It's triangle can then change into the Omega sign or the Alpha sign even though it's only a Mega.

Back