• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

Years
  • Okay, I'll admit Mega Manetric looks funny but I think Mega Slowpoke is suppose to be the Shellder/whatever it is that was on its tail having grown and taken up more of its body. Does it look cool though?

Please make sure that you're on topic - this thread is for speculation on Primal forms, not Mega evolutions. There's a specific thread for Megas here.

babaGAReeb

Banned
    Years
  • Hi there, I merged your thread with the existing Primal reversion thread. when creating a thread, make sure to check the section you're posting in so that you don't make a duplicate. Normally, duplicates are locked, but because your thread had a lot of replies, I'm merging it. Also, please refrain from discussing Mega evolutions in this thread - discussion of that goes here.

ok, i didnt spot dis thread sowy

thankies for not locking

okay no megatalk
    they suck anyway

Okay, I'll admit Mega Manetric looks funny but I think Mega Slowpoke is suppose to be the Shellder/whatever it is that was on its tail having grown and taken up more of its body. Does it look cool though?

u sure? i know its ridicolous and pretty funny but does game freak know its ridiculous? with the type of megas weve seen maybe they think its uber kewl

Please make sure that you're on topic - this thread is for speculation on Primal forms, not Mega evolutions. There's a specific thread for Megas here.

lol

sorry it wuz me who brought da megas into this convo

now where were we? oh yeah! Primal Mewtwo is da best!

Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

a giant shiny mewtwo... its gonna eat ash and then everyone will live happy ever after!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • ok, i didnt spot dis thread sowy

thankies for not locking

Also, it's against the rules to double post, so be sure to not do that unless it specifically states in the thread's first post/the section's rules that they are allowed. In the Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire section, for example, double posts are not allowed.

Years
  • Wait, new moves? Wouldn't that mean complete and utter lockout for using Groudon/Kyogre in XY, considering how I can't see a move just popping up mid-battle? Or they really are going to patch everything into XY, just unable to obtain em unless through trade. As for the DPt legends, I'm assuming they're not going to be primal, but universal. Or better, Temporal/Spacial/Anti.

They probably would restrict not Groudon and Kyogre, but just any Pokémon that had a Mega Stone or other item, move or Ability not present in XY, from being traded to those games.

In the past generation, we were actually able to use the forms introduced in B2W2 in battles with BW, but this time around most forms are new Mega Evolutions which require hold items the current games will not recognize, so I think they will patch them, along with any new features.

There are also the new moves, but if they are already in XY in the form of Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves, they could just do something similar to what they did with Hypnosis in Gen IV. Its accuracy changed between DP and Platinum, and in battles between Platinum and the original pair, it was Platinum's accuracy that applied for every Pokémon that used the move. Maybe they could do that, but change these attacks' type and category, and possibly their effects as well.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Except that in B2W2 the sprites of the forms were missing. I hope GF updates XY to 2.0 to include the models and not just stats and moves.

I wonder if Rayquaza is linked to primal reversion, as the other two now have yellow lines like it does. Though the yellow in them may just be a reference to Yellow since their Red,Blue, and Green bodies are practically a tribute to those three colors (and likely the games named after them). Perhaps Primal Rayquaza will have blue and red lines, maybe they'll keep their yellow color, or maybe they'll turn purple (the color of monarchs which will be fitting).

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Primal Kyogre has a new ability called Rain of Beginnings and Primal Groudon has a new ability called Land of Endings. They activate what is called Strong Rain and Strong Sunlight respectively. It is not known how different this is to normal.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Primal Kyogre has a new ability called Rain of Beginnings and Primal Groudon has a new ability called Land of Endings. They activate what is called Strong Rain and Strong Sunlight respectively. It is not known how different this is to normal.

But dammit, are they really gonna bring back perma weather? I don't care if it's restricted to Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre, nerfing perma weather was one of the things I was really glad that X/Y did. Now we're gonna be back to weather wars in Ubers again.....

Last edited:

Years
  • But dammit, are they really gonna bring back perma weather? I don't care if it's restricted to Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre, nerfing perma weather was one of the things I was really glad that X/Y did. Now we're gonna be back to weather wars in Ubers again.....

Weather wars...well it is what Magma and Aqua do in the anime and in Emerald xD.

Perhaps Primal Rayquaza will get Sky of Change or Sky of Differences. Both would work, Sky of Change sounds better. It could stop those two new abilities.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I would be extremely disappointed if the Primal abilities brought back permanent weather, since I would like to think that they removed it for a reason. Bringing it back would just seem really odd to me, even though I have a feeling that that's what they are going to do.

Also "Rayquaza has something to do with Mega Evolution" hmm.... I wonder what that could be..

Reactions: Nah

Years
  • I would be extremely disappointed if the Primal abilities brought back permanent weather, since I would like to think that they removed it for a reason. Bringing it back would just seem really odd to me, even though I have a feeling that that's what they are going to do.

Also "Rayquaza has something to do with Mega Evolution" hmm.... I wonder what that could be..

I wonder that too. Well Delta means change and Mega Evolution and Primal Reversions are both different kinds of changes.

I theorized awhile back that Sky Pillar could be the 'Tower of Mastery' of the Hoenn region.

Since Rayquaza's resting place is said tower it could be that Rayquaza is the guardian of the secrets to Mega Evolution hidden there. Eastern dragons are associated with treasure and guarding it.

Also that'll explain why Sky Pillar is being hidden other than that it's a post game location.

Years
  • I like it how this issue featured Rayquaza as it's the 10 anniversary of Emerald this month.

It could end up having a Mega.

I wonder if Rayquaza may have stopped in the Tower of Mastery in the past. The tower coincidentally has a Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald on each side of the outside.

Back