• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

Leaders/E4 using Pokemon whose Megas change to a different type, yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
    Years
    I like to think I don't suck that much with CSS, so I can lend a hand if you guys want some extra help nwn

In regards to suggestions? I can only think on doing something about activity. Granted, we all have lives and that stops us from playing every now and then, but it's certainly not doing much good with the constant subbing of currently inactive leaders, however much or however little of them. Alas, I can't really think of a way of making this less of an issue when the beta ends (more subs? replacing inactive leaders with those who were the most active from the challengers list? I dunno) ~

But it all seems good to me so far, so maybe end the beta when a Showdown champion rises (or maybe there already is one but the challenge's OP hasn't been updated)?

srinator

na, hopefully i can beat exile ( hopefully :( ) but he is busy rn and our timezones dont match so waiting till weekend, so about two tries, who knows lol! alo ingo is also close!

also yesh the league seems p nice rn, idk about the 3ds division but this showdown division needs a bit more activity, perhaps u can look into showdown regulars so people wont have a problem, also having subs that are not a part of the league will also help, each leader getting one and the sub acting withing the frame of 48 hours will add to the activity. more knowledge about a functioning league to other players and a more open website like a weebly page (so non-pc-members can also contact u will help)
    this probably goes in the disc, but nvm lol

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I never understood the whole beta thing to begin with

In regards to suggestions? I can only think on doing something about activity. Granted, we all have lives and that stops us from playing every now and then, but it's certainly not doing much good with the constant subbing of currently inactive leaders, however much or however little of them. Alas, I can't really think of a way of making this less of an issue when the beta ends (more subs? replacing inactive leaders with those who were the most active from the challengers list? I dunno) ~
    Yeah, it could use a bit of an activity boost, but IDK what to do about that ;_;

As for the inactive leaders, I'm really hoping that there'll be a couple of active challengers who we can turn into leaders or E4 members.

And btw......where has Oblivion Wing and Lobrix gone? They were pretty active for a awhile there, but I haven't seen them lately.

this probably goes in the disc, but nvm lol
    Sri, this is the discussion thread :P

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
    I've been playing with some ideas for new additions to the team myself, I recently stumbled across this, and was instantly impressed. What do you guys think

0.0 ...Impressive... Did you stumble upon it in a Wonder Trade?

does anyone feel like the other thread deserves css for the op? maybe i could cook up something lame but decent looking for the op :]
    Go right ahead! I'm not stoppin' ya!

Do y'all have any suggestions, ideas, etc; for when we should consider the beta conducted and complete?
    Whenever we feel it ready. But I don't think anytime soon.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Yeah, it could use a bit of an activity boost, but IDK what to do about that ;_;
    I am loathe to say this, but go to Smogon? Don't they hang out on Showdown a lot?

As for when the beta is considered "complete", we should have a good fully active group without subbing generally needed. Subbing should only have to be done at a Leader's discretion with a good and active group; i.e. if the Leader will be away for two days and lends (or clones) his team to a sub who is noted.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    The activity actually seems fair, to me at least - as long as there's some active challengers, and the leaders are getting matches everything moves along. I don't think every leader should have matches they have to fulfill every day - because as I said somewhere else, over-activity could just as much kill this as inactivity. If people can't handle what's going on, they won't want to stick with it, if it becomes too demanding.

Lobrix and Oblivion Wing do seem to have disappeared :I

Something about moving in with their brother, or - wife? Or something, though. It was mentioned :U

My big concern, is Tetra- liiiiiterally no face time here since even before day 1 lol. It hasn't gone as noticed, because he/she is in the Elite 4, annnd there just hasn't been many challengers that have made it that far.

ideals dragon ~ the point of declaring it 'in beta' was so when stuff like the multiple absantee leaders forcing people into subs, and the badges not being done after a month happened- we could attribute it to the league not being fully worked out yet- rather than just looking the fools and ... stuff heh. Okay the 'beta' part wasn't absolutely mandatory; but it makes sense to label it as such while we continue to work out kinks and before it was fully tested.

Reactions: Nah

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    saves me the trouble then, but ill would love to help out if i can :p

edit: exile is done with my banner, omg so pretty, just look <3

That...I like.

Though Jirachi is not Fairy. La meh. Steel is covered. Though I see Clefable, too.

TGM

Lunar Silhouette
    Years
    I think there should be some sort of strike system when it comes to replacing leaders.

You get one strike if someone has to sub for you and you haven't given a good reason/explanation for being absent. Leader gets a warning in a PM.

Second strike comes if it happens again, and the leader will get ANOTHER warning in a PM, saying that if they suddenly leave without giving an explanation one more time, they'll be replaced.

third strike comes if it happens a third time, and the leader is replaced by someone else who is interested in the position.

thoughts?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yay we have another banner made! Oh, and if everyone who has their's made could post them in here that'd be good so I can start rounding them up for when we're gonna update the OP's look.

o woops i was like high or something last night
    so tiredddd ugh
    lol Sri, you would be high while on PC.

I think there should be some sort of strike system when it comes to replacing leaders.

You get one strike if someone has to sub for you and you haven't given a good reason/explanation for being absent. Leader gets a warning in a PM.

Second strike comes if it happens again, and the leader will get ANOTHER warning in a PM, saying that if they suddenly leave without giving an explanation one more time, they'll be replaced.

third strike comes if it happens a third time, and the leader is replaced by someone else who is interested in the position.

thoughts?
    Yeah, I think a structured system for dealing with inactive members is something we need. I think what you've got there sounds pretty good to me. Let's see what everyone else has to say though.

Also, I'm gonna go PM Oblivion and Lobrix, see if they respond. I'm gonna also take Tetra off the roster; he's been inactive for far too long. I guess the question is then about his replacement. Are we gonna bump someone up from the Gym Leaders or put in someone new?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016

thoughts?
    We need to keep in mind there could be reasons for subs extending beyond a member's activity, too. For instance, before I even got a match request earlier this week from someone, a sub was already being sought. Fortunately I straightened that out, but I was asked the next day or that evening for a match and then he for some reason went offline. This might be used as the "I asked four days ago" request (I documented everything with Polar BTW) and he may again try asking for a sub without even making another effort to contact me.

So sometimes the sub requests go beyond a Leader's activity. Therefore a "strike" system would not be ideal for something like that. I don't even like a "strike" system as is, as that's a black and white thing; I say just leave it to League administration to make the decisions on a case-by-case basis.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Mmmm, I see what you mean. I wasn't thinking that it had to be a strict, black and white thing though; just more of a general guideline on how to deal with inactive leaders. I'd like to think that we aren't gonna boot people if they have a valid reason for their absence (and tell us about it) or if the challenger fails to properly work things out with them.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    I had to get back in my game lol. I've been swamped with homework and school plus life ughhh xD but I schedule my calendar for this.

My 2cents on this is if a leader is unactive, he/she could be replaced until a certain time has passed by, could be a week or two, maybe a month of pure no challenges/inactivity for the league. Could be discussed for further details.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    How did we agree we were doing champions anyways - like could I challenge Krystia league-officially for champion spot? (even if I didn't retain it afterwards) Does it have to be someone who's just coming fresh out of their league run, and assuming either one - does the one challenging have to use the team they beat the gym leaders + elite 4 with? I'd assume the first time you would, but then what does the champion use? Are champions permanently locked into the team they beat the league with on their challenge? It seems fair they would be, so they wouldn't be unbeatable - but Idunoooo.

What do y'all think :U Champion rules - whadda'we got

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Champion team should be locked. If you challenge the Champion, you use the team you beat the League with. These challenges would be incredibly rare compared to people challenging Gym Leaders and, eventually, E4 members.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back