• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

Leaders/E4 using Pokemon whose Megas change to a different type, yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
    I've bin around~ I just don't do double battles :)
    So sadly, my road has come to an end~ Was fun~ Very fun~
    Always looking forward on whether it will completely die out or perhaps explode when OR/AS comes out.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
    I've bin around~ I just don't do double battles :)
    So sadly, my road has come to an end~ Was fun~ Very fun~
    Always looking forward on whether it will completely die out or perhaps explode when OR/AS comes out.
    I'm hoping the second option. I'm still checking up once a day. (On the weekend.)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    There's something I just thought of in regards to the 3DS division. IDK if you all know this, but earlier this month Nintendo said that there will not be a patch for X/Y for the Mega Evolutions, Pikachu forms, and Primals that ORAS is introducing.

If I'm understanding this page right, X/Y and ORAS can't do random Battle Spot battles with each other, but they MIGHT still be able to battle each other via the PSS like we've normally been doing with the 3DS division.

But even if that's the case, there's still the issue of new Megas. No matter what, you can't battle an X/Y player if you're using a Pokemon holding an ORAS mega stone. We can't really expect all the challengers AND all the leaders/E4 members to have X/Y and/or ORAS. Some people are only gonna have X/Y, some people are only gonna have ORAS.

So what are we gonna do about the compatibility issues in regards to ORAS mega stones?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    So what are we gonna do about the compatibility issues in regards to ORAS mega stones?

Your problem boils down to the members of your league, in all honesty. Your current gym leaders/elite 4/champion obviously has XY already so ideally if all of them gets ORAS then you're basically good to go. Otherwise, you're just going to have to have a separate list of XY members and ORAS members since that's the only other option you have--you can't really force people to have both as a requirement of partaking in your league.

/2cents

Reactions: Nah

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
    I thought that there was going to be 0% backwards compatibility, absolutely 0%, including bringing over items and Pokemon. That's what Dookieshed on Youtube said. I think he did.

If that is the case, it'll be just another faction. So we'll have XY, ORAS, and Showdown.

Actually, now that I think about it, wouldn't it be a good idea and ask people such as the current GLs/E4, if they're planning on getting ORAS?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I thought that there was going to be 0% backwards compatibility, absolutely 0%, including bringing over items and Pokemon. That's what Dookieshed on Youtube said. I think he did.

If that is the case, it'll be just another faction. So we'll have XY, ORAS, and Showdown.

Actually, now that I think about it, wouldn't it be a good idea and ask people such as the current GLs/E4, if they're planning on getting ORAS?
    Anything on X/Y can be transferred to ORAS via PokeBank and regular trading. Stuff on ORAS can be sent to X/Y, so long as it's not new items or Pokemon with new moves/abilities.

I suppose we could have 3 divisions, but is that too many? Are we even gonna have enough people with ORAS to have an ORAS division?

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
    I suppose we could have 3 divisions, but is that too many? Are we even gonna have enough people with ORAS to have an ORAS division?

I'm guessing we will. But Rome wasn't built in a day. We will have to wait for people to beat their games. So we won't have the division up for a while, but people might pester us about it after the first few in-game champions surface, and maybe even before that (cuz ppl impashant).

Oh, and I'm not a Gym Leader or Elite, so I'm not properly qualified to answer the first question, but I think we should be alright. Don't take my word for it.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Hah yeahhhh I don't (personally) think we need another second 3DS division, although it does seem farfetch'd (yuk yuk yuk) to ask all the current gym leaders to maintain teams in 2 different games. Once again this backs the lessening of the required number of gym badges to challenge elites - since we *could* theoretically, just have a larger number of leaders / elites on the 3DS half; with some in ORAS and some in X/Y, with some in both. That way challengers could get which badges they could, get enough to challenge which elites they can- then achieve victory. Y'know, if they're good and all.

tldr; I think we can fith ORAS and X/Y into one 3DS division.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh geez. When was the last time I even checked here?

Hey guys! What's up?
    Hey. Good to see you're still around.

There is this little thing to discuss:

Zekrom said:
    There's something I just thought of in regards to the 3DS division. IDK if you all know this, but earlier this month Nintendo said that there will not be a patch for X/Y for the Mega Evolutions, Pikachu forms, and Primals that ORAS is introducing.

If I'm understanding this page right, X/Y and ORAS can't do random Battle Spot battles with each other, but they MIGHT still be able to battle each other via the PSS like we've normally been doing with the 3DS division.

But even if that's the case, there's still the issue of new Megas. No matter what, you can't battle an X/Y player if you're using a Pokemon holding an ORAS mega stone. We can't really expect all the challengers AND all the leaders/E4 members to have X/Y and/or ORAS. Some people are only gonna have X/Y, some people are only gonna have ORAS.

If you could give us your thoughts on that, that'd be great.

And y'know, if other people wanna say something about that, please do. ORAS's release is less than a week away now.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Perhaps leaders/challengers will have to make two teams, and switch between the two depending on who their opponent is?
    The problem with that is that we can't expect all of the 3DS leaders to have ORAS. If everyone does happen to get ORAS, great, but I find it a bit unlikely that every single one will.

TGM

Lunar Silhouette
    Years
    The problem with that is that we can't expect all of the 3DS leaders to have ORAS. If everyone does happen to get ORAS, great, but I find it a bit unlikely that every single one will.

I had a stupid moment, you're talking about if one person has X/Y and the other person has OR/AS but they both don't have the same game.

substituting, I suppose? I'm not really sure what to do about that.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I had a stupid moment, you're talking about if one person has X/Y and the other person has OR/AS but they both don't have the same game.

substituting, I suppose? I'm not really sure what to do about that.
    I suppose that's one option. I was also think that maybe we could just ban ORAS mega stones from being used until we know that all the leaders have both X/Y and ORAS. Then there's the ideas Polar and Zeffy pitched.

I guess my problem is that I don't know which is the best solution....

TGM

Lunar Silhouette
    Years
    I suppose that's one option. I was also think that maybe we could just ban ORAS mega stones from being used until we know that all the leaders have both X/Y and ORAS. Then there's the ideas Polar and Zeffy pitched.

I guess my problem is that I don't know which is the best solution....

Well I personally plan on getting ORAS, but you're right the best we can really do is wait and see if all the gym leaders are getting ORAS, which, given the activity around here, I''m really not sure about.

Try asking around, maybe?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    All aboard the hype train to the new experience of battling in ORAS woooooo

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

I wonder if those secret base gyms will make it any easier for us to operate this league.
    It probably won't make it easier, but it'll be pretty cool anyway, having our own little gyms for the league.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
    I was also think that maybe we could just ban ORAS mega stones from being used until we know that all the leaders have both X/Y and ORAS.

Let's pretend for a moment that I went through with being a GL.

"Are you kidding me?! I'd be surprised if I heard of whatever game(s) I got this Christmas! Or next birthday! Or next Christmas! I'm happy enough with Y anyway. - AdamEternal, 2014"

In any case, last weekend my internet sh_t all over my happiness. Absolutely no connection. Not that it matters, but eh, it happened, and that's one of the reasons I didn't go through with being a GL.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So.....ORAS has been out for a couple of days now. I guess we should try to come to some sort of decision about the ORAS mega stones.

And about the PM I sent out, out of the 10 people in the 3DS Division, 5 of them have responded back and said that they should be getting ORAS pretty soon, if they don't have it already.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back