• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

Leaders/E4 using Pokemon whose Megas change to a different type, yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I do agree that the ideal thing would be for all the members of the 3DS division to have and use ORAS, but I don't want to force anyone to get the games either. People shouldn't be forced to drop some money for a league on an internet forum.

Though the chances of all the 3DS division people having ORAS sometime in the near future is fairly likely. Probably.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Lets not be too pushy, we're not bustling with activity anywho- personally I've been too busy with finals and actually beating ORAS :p Which; btw - anyone in the league wanna have a flagship match in it? I'm still working on shuttling mons and items over; but I have a functional team to keep the ol' Fighting / Flying fire lit.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I know, I'm not saying make it a harsh guideline, I'm just saying for the sake of considering our challengers we should have a league policy. But if we can't get much activity in here, it won't matter either way in the end. Maybe Reddit is the way to go?

I'm still not far enough in to battle. I stopped again at Rustboro and went into cloning mode on some Seedot to clone one of the 16 Rare Candies I had so I didn't have to burn half my PokéMiles on them; since I only plan to use the Rare Candies to check stats on newborns without saving them leveled up, there's no harm caused by it (and all the cloned Seedot are now gone, too). 126 will do nicely. :)

I then saved clones of my Starter Eggs to either hatch in X or clone and move to AS, or even Z, eventually. The originals made the trip and are now hatched. My game can resume. Played Smash and Fantasy Life this evening.

srinator

so tomorrow is my last exam, and i want to challenge this league again :)
    showdown name: srinator

Polar Spectrum

Years

Coincidentally, some brave soul on the internet just finished breeding a Timid Zebstrika, with Sap Sipper, outstanding potential and Hidden Power grass for which I will trade them Thundorus and Landorus.

MY CHALLENGE SHALL BEGIN ANEW AS WELLLLLL

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today

Coincidentally, some brave soul on the internet just finished breeding a Timid Zebstrika, with Sap Sipper, outstanding potential and Hidden Power grass for which I will trade them Thundorus and Landorus.

MY CHALLENGE SHALL BEGIN ANEW AS WELLLLLL
    I'll edit the OP whenever you two decide to post your teams.

Yes, he posted in the wrong thread. No, you don't have too be rude about it. Please treat him with respect unless he purposefully get's on your nerves. Then I don't care.
    I think it's just some thing they have going on between them. They're friends but love to poke fun at each other.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
    Oh. Well, my bad. \:

Since I can't post this without something more or it tell's me it's too short, I thought I'd bring up something that I think might be of interest: Smogon and ORAS?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Since I can't post this without something more or it tell's me it's too short, I thought I'd bring up something that I think might be of interest: Smogon and ORAS?
    What do you mean exactly? What about Smogon and ORAS?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Since there's going to be new Mega Evolutions, wouldn't that effect the Smogon rules?
    Oh, I see what you mean. They actually went and made a new tier above Ubers (and officially made Ubers a tier), called "Anything Goes", and banned Mega Rayquaza from Ubers to that tier:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=339570

It's a pretty big thing, unless Smogon never factors into your battling life. No Pokemon has ever been banned from Ubers before, which was seen by a lot of people as little more than a banlist.

Then we'll also have to see how the new Megas shake-up the tiers. Some of them are finally settling into tiers outside of the ones that their base form was in. Like Mega Altaria and Mega Beedrill moved out of NU and into UU.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    mega ray is out of the picture since we follow standard ou rules.

mega salamence is banned so ya, no challenger or league member should use it. also gren should be banned soon cos u cant counter this **** lol. its fast and hits hard, and to people that say priority kills it not even mach punch conkeldurr ohkos lol

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    [14:15:09] srinator: Lol
    [14:17:02] srinator: God damn it **** gre ninja
    [14:17:04] srinator: :/
    [14:18:00] rеvere: hmm hey chansey is a shaky check
    [14:18:10] rеvere: in the meantime run mantine :^)
    [14:18:36] srinator: :(
    [14:18:44] srinator: ****ing gunk shot
    [14:18:49] srinator: didnt think it was so op

sorry i just had to, anyway the league kinda seems dead tbh. any ideas on how to promote activity other than shameless advertising?

Polar Spectrum

Years
    Probably just getting into it more again ourselves; if people see matches going on they'll join in. Our busiest time was when we were all doing it ourselves anywho.

SPEAKING OF

Some crazy madman on a mountaintop with six arms and 3 DS systems just finished breeding me a Timid Bliztle; with Sap Sipper - and Hidden Power Grass. Oh it's on. My team's already in that challenge space. The thunda is a comin'. That community challenge team is alllll ready.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So....Christmas break is basically here. Anybody think we'll get a little surge in activity or no?

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
    So....Christmas break is basically here. Anybody think we'll get a little surge in activity or no?

"SORRY!? CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER HOW PUMPED I AM FOR SSB4!" - Everybody with a 3DS.

Lol. But seriously, even if everyone got ORAS, they would have to at least progress a good bit before even daring to try the league, and most skillful foes wouldn't dare until they at least beat the in-game champion.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    "SORRY!? CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER HOW PUMPED I AM FOR SSB4!" - Everybody with a 3DS.

Lol. But seriously, even if everyone got ORAS, they would have to at least progress a good bit before even daring to try the league, and most skillful foes wouldn't dare until they at least beat the in-game champion.
    fite me in Smash4 m8

You're right, but I was just hoping that perhaps since everyone has a couple of weeks off now that maybe we'd see a little activity.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
    fite me in Smash4 m8

You're right, but I was just hoping that perhaps since everyone has a couple of weeks off now that maybe we'd see a little activity.

Well, it isn't like everyone got the game on Christmas. Some got it before Christmas too, like back when it got released. So I guess you have a point.

lukario wil rek ur kurbi

Polar Spectrum

Years
    He's already beaten me so IDK if I have any say in this but I don't mind him using whatever he likes if we battle again. Banned or not, feel free to use Greninja against me. I've never been much of a stickler for smogon rules anyway :/

This - but at the same time what Zekrom said. Swapping out multiple pokes mid-challenge is something pretty specifically mentioned in the rules, as 'you can, but you have to re-earn any badges you had so far'. So even though Greninja will likely be banned by Smogon's rules soon thus thinning MANY participants in this' teams - your being mid-challenge is really gonna be a toss-up. :I I think you have 3 badges so far? 2 or 3 - which is a fair amount...

So you could A) Just swap out Greninja, no one else- and continue. B) Swap out Greninja, the other few pokes you wanted to, and re-earn those 3 badges (you could do that easily, it'd just be obnoxious for the time spent and getting the matches together again.) or - and this is really reliant on how other people in the league feel; C) Just go on with your challenge with Greninja on your team, and try and finish it quickly before they officially say "We don't think this pokemon is fair."

Because really - we've had greninjas on people's teams. I don't think anyone that's reached the end of the league has used one though :U And a myriad challengers with Greninjas just stopped or lost without making it. And I know this is purely subjective; but Blueboi said he doesn't mind - and I reeeally don't either, especially since anyone who watches the battle I subbed in will see a Greninja for all of 1 turn.

imo we could just claim latency on picking up on their rules since really that's a separate forum and community, and even though we *use* their rules - this isn't a smogon league / tournament.

Hokay suggestion over haha. Thoughts?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back