• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

Leaders/E4 using Pokemon whose Megas change to a different type, yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Hahah yay you made the numbers stop floating - and it looks better and better every time. You wanna put that up come Sunday or Monday?
    Definitely. Hopefully everyone will be (mostly) ready by then, and Cakesu will have some more of the badges done. It's about time we got this thing started anyway.

Years
  • Man I wish I joined earlier so I could help a bit or something than just camping and watching the thread now... I can finally sit down and try to get a decent Yveltal now then finish the main story then start on gathering parents up. I've read up on the breeding its just getting the ones to start.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • Man I wish I joined earlier so I could help a bit or something than just camping and watching the thread now... I can finally sit down and try to get a decent Yveltal now then finish the main story then start on gathering parents up. I've read up on the breeding its just getting the ones to start.

There's always room for improvement :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I can lend you a togetic to breed for your league if you want it. There's a modest and a bold one.
    Oh, I have numerous Togepi. I even catch them in Dream Radar, so have some not yet imported from White 2. That gives me all three abilities as options, and IV breeding takes 30 minutes if I don't level up in between (to get to 5IV, that is; 6IV is more random). I have a Ditto factory so nature is also not a problem as I can Everstone the nature I want, then ensure future parents all get the Everstone in turn. :)

However, if yours is already a 5IV or 6IV and would save me some time, I might work with that too. Better Egg rates at every step, too. I'll let you know. :)

Years
  • I have all decent except Sp. Def... its been 8-9 IV's though the last got boosted up to 14-15 now... other wise I'm on Showdown working out a team while I wait.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Definitely. Hopefully everyone will be (mostly) ready by then, and Cakesu will have some more of the badges done. It's about time we got this thing started anyway.

Oh I so agree. I think we'll start losing hype if we wait any longer :v That being said, we may have to go before Cakesu has the badges done, and just use placeholders or something.

Man I wish I joined earlier so I could help a bit or something than just camping and watching the thread now... I can finally sit down and try to get a decent Yveltal now then finish the main story then start on gathering parents up. I've read up on the breeding its just getting the ones to start.

It is just getting a start ^^ Once you've got good parents in every egg group, the only real effort is natures and egg moves! In fact if you would like some help getting started, I'll gladly help with a 5 IV or so poke in just about every egg group. Assuming of course, you're interested in doing something with the league challenge or member wise - because this is a thread for that not just breeding help. :P Let me know though, PM or something. Would be glad to help.

Couple of things for the 'beta' by the way guys - and please feel free to object or correct me if any of this is a bit derpy, wrong, a bad idea, or anything else.

FOR THE BETA.
    • Challengers will post in the Official Prism League thread, stating their intentions to make a challenge.
    • The OP will be updated with each challenge, keeping track of who's active in an ongoing challenge, and where they are.
    • Gym Leaders can be challenged in any order, but all (6) must be beaten, before challenging Elites.
    • Challengers can ask for any available Leaders at a time, but should specify one specific leader as their next intended opponent as well, and possiby get in contact to minimize Time Zone and schedule differences affecting challenge progress.
    • Each victory will be documented with a Showdown Replay / Battle Video and the results listed and applied to the OP for that challenger.
    • Challengers who are defeated will have the date / time of their defeat noted, for the 24 hour delay before another challenge is made.
    • A challenger obtains a badge or symbol / mark from an elite upon defeating them, and does not have to restart the league upon defeat.
    • After obtaining all (6) badges, a challenger may begin to challenge Elites.
    • Elites can be challenged in any order, and progress is not lost upon being defeated by an elite.
    • Upon defeating all 4 Elites in a division, that division's champion may be challenged.
    • If there is no champion, the challenger may choose to accept or decline that role after defeating all of the Elites.
    • A champion counts as part of the league, and must follow league rules about accepting challengs and maintaining activity.

Sound like good beta rules? :U

Figured it's best to have them written down in case of confusion. Also, I don't remember what / if we all agreed on the checkpoints / losing / keeping progress when challengers are beaten, sooo I kinda just made something that sounded reasonable up. Totally open to change there!

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It all sounds good to me, except for the part about losing progress and checkpoints. I thought that we had decided to not do that bit?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    It is just getting a start ^^ Once you've got good parents in every egg group, the only real effort is natures and egg moves! In fact if you would like some help getting started, I'll gladly help with a 5 IV or so poke in just about every egg group. Assuming of course, you're interested in doing something with the league challenge or member wise - because this is a thread for that not just breeding help. :P Let me know though, PM or something. Would be glad to help.
    Just to add to this, if you have access to a Ditto Safari and any 6IV Ditto, you can use the Safari to catch every nature and then, once you Everstone the nature into the breed, THEN use the 6IV Ditto holding a Destiny Knot (with the other parent holding the Everstone) and have a perfect formula for the 6IV baby if that's what you're after. You can keep switching better-IV parents in. Once I even got a 6IV by accident with a 4IV Pikachu as the parent.

I was going to raise it, but a Raichu later appeared through WT. Native, too. I'll raise mine later. Or send it to OR/AS holding a Thunderstone, though I have a Surfing Pikachu for that quest.

Couple of things for the 'beta' by the way guys - and please feel free to object or correct me if any of this is a bit derpy, wrong, a bad idea, or anything else.

FOR THE BETA.
    • Challengers will post in the Official Prism League thread, stating their intentions to make a challenge.
    • The OP will be updated with each challenge, keeping track of who's active in an ongoing challenge, and where they are.
    • Gym Leaders can be challenged in any order, but all (6) must be beaten, before challenging Elites.
    • Challengers can ask for any available Leaders at a time, but should specify one specific leader as their next intended opponent as well, and possiby get in contact to minimize Time Zone and schedule differences affecting challenge progress.
    • Each victory will be documented with a Showdown Replay / Battle Video and the results listed and applied to the OP for that challenger.
    • Challengers who are defeated will have the date / time of their defeat noted, for the 24 hour delay before another challenge is made.
    Good so far. Regarding videos, is the onus on the leader or the challenger to post the video?

• A loss before obtaining half the badges in a division, will cause a challenger to restart their progress in that division.
    • A loss after obtaining half the badges in a division will result in the challenger losing badges besides the first half (3) they obtained in their current challenge. [halfway checkpoint]
    No, I disagree with this. You had concerns with having to restart the E4. If this rule applies anywhere, it should only be the E4. Just IMO though.

• After obtaining all (6) badges, a challenger may begin to challenge Elites.
    • Elites can be challenged in any order, and progress is not lost upon being defeated by an elite.
    o_O

• Upon defeating all 4 Elites in a division, that division's champion may be challenged.
    • If there is no champion, the challenger may choose to accept or decline that role after defeating all of the Elites.
    • A champion counts as part of the league, and must follow league rules about accepting challengs and maintaining activity.
    That's good.

Figured it's best to have them written down in case of confusion. Also, I don't remember what / if we all agreed on the checkpoints / losing / keeping progress when challengers are beaten, sooo I kinda just made something that sounded reasonable up. Totally open to change there!
    I commented. :)

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
  • [*]A loss before obtaining half the badges in a division, will cause a challenger to restart their progress in that division.

[*]A loss after obtaining half the badges in a division will result in the challenger losing badges besides the first half (3) they obtained in their current challenge. [halfway checkpoint]

No soul besides your's is going to agree to that, sorry to say.

Also, I think I accidentally skipped a little of the thread, but I got a message from Polar. August 18th. I better get training. o.o

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • It all sounds good to me, except for the part about losing progress and checkpoints. I thought that we had decided to not do that bit?

Argh - sorry I completely forgot what we had agreed on. What was it again? (Yes, even I am intimidated by trying to find any specific vein of conversation in this thread. It's been quite long.)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Argh - sorry I completely forgot what we had agreed on. What was it again? (Yes, even I am intimidated by trying to find any specific vein of conversation in this thread. It's been quite long.)
    It was just that there'd be no checkpoints at all; you just keep battling till you beat the league, and never have to start over if you lose.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    We agreed that we would all turn over our badges upon being challenged, without question.

No, not really...

I suggested restarting the E4, but I don't recall whether we agreed on that (I wasn't the only one with that opinion, and others had the opposite because it's obviously difficult as it is). I suggested the "use the same team for all of the E4" rule; however, I don't recall if that was agreed to.

I think eight or nine Pokémon were allowed for the entire league, but I'm willing to explore it being six. Problem is, there could be a double standard; if we can change a weak team, why can't they change theirs?

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
  • I'm starting to think that I shouldn't be a Gym Leader. This League's about having fun, and I'm not getting much enjoyment out of training my team. I could be a stand-in Leader if I get a good team going, but for now, I think I'd like to not be a Leader.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still be working in the League, just won't be GL/E4.

Did I just create the small problem of getting another GL? ...Sorry...

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
  • The League isn't about training. It's about battling. Lol.

Also having everyone pick a pool of 9 Pokemon at the start is best.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
  • do you guys need another gym leader?? coz I'm pretty keen (: i mean if you guys need one anyway??

First, fill out this:

Faction: (X/Y, Showdown)
    Type: (I forget what's left. Ask someone who's better then me.)

Oh hell with it, you're hired anyway!

Years
  • I wouldn't mind filling one out despite my less than knowledgeable competitive but i have won battles before so I'm not completely hopeless and I do tend to learn. Just point me to what i have to fill out.

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • It all sounds good to me, except for the part about losing progress and checkpoints. I thought that we had decided to not do that bit?

Thanks - like I said totally forgot haha. I've amended my post previous to this with those suggested guidelines to reflect that.

I think eight or nine Pokémon were allowed for the entire league, but I'm willing to explore it being six. Problem is, there could be a double standard; if we can change a weak team, why can't they change theirs?

It's a double standard, but it's a balancing effort. They're locked into 6 - but they can pick and choose six OU tier pokes of varying types that work cohesively and have excellent coverage and strategy. Leaders are not locked into six, as they can change teams whenever, but they are restricted to all of their pokemon being only two types.

do you guys need another gym leader?? coz I'm pretty keen (: i mean if you guys need one anyway??

We are actuallyyyy - but it's mandatory you be active in here, and stay attentive concerning challengers and changes to the league. So with that in mind - will you be playing on Showdown or X/Y, and what types would you like? Any two are fine, bonus points if you put Poison or Normal as either one.

I wouldn't mind filling one out despite my less than knowledgeable competitive but i have won battles before so I'm not completely hopeless and I do tend to learn. Just point me to what i have to fill out.

It's fine. :P We need those first few warm up gym leaders anyways for less competitive challengers to still enjoy playing against. And hey; you may be able to step up your game with all the practice. ^^ As above; which format- Showdown or X/Y, and what types would you like? Bonus if you pick normal or poison as your first or second; annnnd between yourself and Dialga - whomever responds after the other, the two types that the first one picked are off limits. ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back