• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

Leaders/E4 using Pokemon whose Megas change to a different type, yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Is it possible for leaders to switch out their Pokes as long as they are matching the gym type? Or am I limited to my six with a selection of moves, abilities, and items?
    Gym Leaders are allowed to switch up their Pokemon, as well as their moves, items, EVs, etc. It's just the challengers that have to stick with the same 6 pokes (though they are allowed to change their moves, items, EVs, etc).

Years
    HA I am finally ready for Challengers my loner team is offically ready for battle! (while making the long list of caught pokemon with IV's... long long list...) So Bring it on!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    We may have to make a couple of roster changes soon, but so far I don't think there have been any major issues. Would be nice if we had a few more challengers though. But I think it's still too early to call this a success yet; league's only been up and running for a week and a half now. If it lasts more than a few months, then maybe I'd say that.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Yeah, I would encourage leaders / elites to challenge their respective leagues themselves, as well as PM'ing challengers who seem to have idled without getting all the badges at lesst.

We could also try and start promoting it a bit, not sure how but at least in other places on the forum.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    IDK what we could do to advertise the league besides putting something about it in our sigs, which some of us have already done. Er, well, there's a little something I could try in the staff section, see if that works.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    I think it's going good so far, I still have to battle TGM. He pmed me and told him I would battle him, I had dinner with my family and then couldn't battle cause it was already too late :/ Other than that, we all know we all have lives outside, some work, some go to school, some do both (me)!

If it does start to slow down a bit, i wouldnt be surprised, just as long as we have challengers every so often to keep the league alive.

Lobrix

A little Frekush
    Years
    I've battled someone at least every two days or so. It's been pretty active on my end even though I've lost every battle. lol. I'm experimenting with different Pokes now so we'll see if I can break that streak.

Years
    There might be occassion where trainers are from Australia, or the other side of the world. Most of us are from Europe and America. I will recommend to have some leaders from different areas. Like leaders that can be challenge in different times

Polar Spectrum

Years
    I think it's been fairly bustling actually :3 'least on the 3DS half. We do have those idle challengers, but hey. Can't expect everyone to be 100% involved and focused on it heh.

Just wish some showdown challengers would make it to the E4 :c Poor Euphoric, Zekrom, Exile, and Enigma haven't had a single shot at using their league teams against a challenger </3

It's been great fun challenging too, my haphazard lil' team's done fairly well for hastily it was thrown together. Being able to change the builds freely was a great idea, whomever put that out there. (honestly don't remember) It's almost mandatory by the time you reach the Elite 4, as you need to adjust to what you're facing for those matches.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm starting to think the Showdown League is becoming a ghost area. We've got Zekrom among those lording over a bunch of empty buildings.

One key thing we need is active people. This should stay beta as long as it takes to ensure we have them. It also lets us all get acquainted with our teams.

Worst case scenario, we cut Showdown and keep it to 3DS.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    lol

We're not cutting Showdown. :P

It's just as much a part of this as 3DS. If it's not busy, we don't get rid of it, we find a way to make it busy. (or at least busier) Suggestions?

I think more of the showdown league members themselves should try challenges ^^ It's really fun, and good practice.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    lol

We're not cutting Showdown. :P

It's just as much a part of this as 3DS. If it's not busy, we don't get rid of it, we find a way to make it busy. (or at least busier) Suggestions?

I think more of the showdown league members themselves should try challenges ^^ It's really fun, and good practice.
    Yeah, I don't have a team for that. :P

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    Well, we gotta gother the people that play showdown. What i mean by that is going advertising to where those members are and see if they are interested. Then gotta narrow down those who actually want to challenge and be active enough. I wouldn't suggest just getting rid of it, but making it busy is going to be a mission. Cant let them hopes... run away... YEAH!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I don't really got any ideas on how to promote the league, particularly the Showdown Division.

....But I did name my symbol (finally). It's the Igneous Symbol.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    ^Yeah, that makes me think.....

The only Gym Leaders of the Showdown division that have been reasonably active are Ultraviolence, Ingosmex, and Lucky#13. COBRA COMMANDER was around for a while during the launch, but idk what happened to him. I remember Ozymandias being somewhat active during the type draft and such, and then he disappeared too. And then there's Falkbak....oh Falkbak-kun. I think it's time to drop him from the list. Agreed?

Polar Spectrum

Years
    ^Yeah, that makes me think.....

The only Gym Leaders of the Showdown division that have been reasonably active are Ultraviolence, Ingosmex, and Lucky#13. COBRA COMMANDER was around for a while during the launch, but idk what happened to him. I remember Ozymandias being somewhat active during the type draft and such, and then he disappeared too. And then there's Falkbak....oh Falkbak-kun. I think it's time to drop him from the list. Agreed?

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

I hope that image both works and is recognized - buuuut yeah, Falksu-balksan has only taken I think one challenger - and doesn't seem able to be reached :c Let's try and get a replacement in the next day or two eh? If Srinator's interested, I think he'd be great. If he were interested :n

Shot him down!!, But that gives a trouble..... Who is the leader of that gym??

Let's not look at it as 'shooting people down' so much as just keeping the most active people in spots on the roster. :P I'd honestly be glad if Falkbalk came back, maybe started a challenge since that requires less vigilance to go through than maintaining a leader spot, but yeh. It'd be cool if you could get a leader spot down the line. :3

Anybody else got a good candidate for Falkbalk's spot, or other spots potentially - as yeah, Ozy and Cobra seem to be a tad vapid around here too.

I'm sorry. I was too rough :D. If i got the level i want to be a gym leader!

Heh, it's alright, just don't want anybody to feel targeted or ostracized by efforts to keep things running smoothly. And just keep doin' what you're doin' and it could happennnn. Cuz no leaders online to challenge is really not too helpful for activity.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    Hah, it's okay Archer. And just keep practicing, you could replace Ozy or Cobra if we need it.

Anywho, very glad to say Srinator will be replacing Falksenbalkpai in the showdown division, so yay for one more active leader. Anybody got a good replacement for Ozy now? I think Cobra could use another day or two, he did say something about moving in to a campus, or something - didn't he? I thin? He was here over the last weekend -

Years
    I thought a way to encourage people to join. This might require admi or moderator. Challengers have their badge under their name. This will help us to keep record for how many badge and also we don't have to constantly update the op. What do you guys think?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back