• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Problem adding Mega Arceus

Qwertyis666

Dragon Trainer Since 1996
Years
  • Hi, I have a little problem with my game. I want to give Arceus a Mega evo (Alpha Arceus) so in multiplefrom script I copy paste the script you found in the bottom. But when I give him the Item (LightPlate) and I go in a battle, I can mega evo but without the stat boost,new type (Light) ,etc....I try this too :

Logically, when Arceus will held the Light Plate and enter a Battle with this plate, he will change to form 21 (the Alpha one) or I missing something?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • here is what you should do

Code:
    ## Arceus
    MultipleForms.register(:ARCEUS,{
    "getMegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next 1 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:LIGHTPLATE)
       next
    },
    "getUnmegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next 0
    },
    "getMegaName"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next _INTL("Alpha Arceus") if pokemon.form==1
       next
    },
    "getBaseStats"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next [200,200,200,200,200,200] if pokemon.form==1
       next
    },
    "ability"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next getID(PBAbilities,:ADAPTABILITY) if pokemon.form==1
       next
    },
    "weight"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next 1011 if pokemon.form==1
       next
    },
    "onSetForm"=>proc{|pokemon,form|
       pbSeenForm(pokemon)
    }
    })

Qwertyis666

Years
  • Thanks Zeak for your fast reply but I got the same problem than I say in the first part of my OP..... here my exact script I add after the plate one

Code:
    "getMegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next 21 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:LIGHTPLATE)
       next
    },
    "getUnmegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next 0
    },
    "getMegaName"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next _INTL("Alpha Arceus") if pokemon.form==21
       next
    },
    "getBaseStats"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next [200,200,200,200,200,200] if pokemon.form==21
       next
    },
    "type1"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next getID(PBTypes,:LIGHT) if pokemon.form==21
       next
    },
    "type2"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next getID(PBTypes,:LIGHT) if pokemon.form==21
       next
    },
    "height"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next 20 if pokemon.form==21
       next
    },
    "weight"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next 1000 if pokemon.form==21
       next
    },
    "onSetForm"=>proc{|pokemon,form|
       pbSeenForm(pokemon)
    }
    })

Like I said, I can toggle on the Mega Evolution in a battle but the name,stat boost and the type don't change at all....it look like the script after getMegaForm don't make effect....

Qwertyis666

Years
  • Make sure you added in "Light" typing

What do you mean by ''added in Light typing''?. I add the type Light in the game already and he work fine
    (I have try to give this type to pikachu just for testing the weakness,etc) so I don't think the Type is the problem......anyways, I run into an other problem with adding Mega evo for Arceus

his Multitype ability don't work anymore when I add the Mega Evo script, but when I remove it, everything work like default game. I don't know why adding a mega evo for Arceus is so much trouble.....I add all other Mega Evo to all know Pokemon to have one, and they all work well.

Years
  • What do you mean by ''added in Light typing''?. I add the type Light in the game already and he work fine
    (I have try to give this type to pikachu just for testing the weakness,etc) so I don't think the Type is the problem......anyways, I run into an other problem with adding Mega evo for Arceus

his Multitype ability don't work anymore when I add the Mega Evo script, but when I remove it, everything work like default game. I don't know why adding a mega evo for Arceus is so much trouble.....I add all other Mega Evo to all know Pokemon to have one, and they all work well.

Adding mega evolution for any pokemon with multiple forms is gonna be a lot of trouble. My guess is you are gonna need to make a mega evolution for every single plate.

Qwertyis666

Years
  • Adding mega evolution for any pokemon with multiple forms is gonna be a lot of trouble. My guess is you are gonna need to make a mega evolution for every single plate.

Well.....I have more than 30 plates so I don't think I will do a Mega Evo for every single form :P

Btw thanks for all your reply guys, it's very appreciate.

The only thing I see I can do for Arceus be able to be ''Mega'', is to make a Plate than boost his stat and change his type, so the Mega Evo will be ''permanent'' (until I change his plate)

Maybe off-topic but if anyone want to work with me for design and sprite Mega Arceus, your welcome :)

Thanks again and sorry for my bad english

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
    Years
  • If you're saying that the Mega Evo is permanent.... It's just a form change. You could give the form additional boosts, such as how Deoxys changes stats with a form change. It's no different than adding a new form. Also, whats the point in having Multitype if the plate its holding makes it a light type. Unless you're planning on adding multiple held items, the idea of Multitype working is redundant. Multitype, if you didn't know, changes the type of Arceus when a certain plate is held. If Arceus is holding a certain plate(lets call it X for now.), then it becomes said type. By removing its plate, it will lose the Mega Evo, and go back to the Normal typing. There's no way to do it, unless you have some sort of room in your game, with rocks or some other "ornament" that represent a certain type. You could interact with it, changing its type for example. And, you could make it such that it will only activate when Arceus is in Mega form.

Qwertyis666

Years
  • If you're saying that the Mega Evo is permanent.... It's just a form change. You could give the form additional boosts, such as how Deoxys changes stats with a form change. It's no different than adding a new form. Also, whats the point in having Multitype if the plate its holding makes it a light type. Unless you're planning on adding multiple held items, the idea of Multitype working is redundant. Multitype, if you didn't know, changes the type of Arceus when a certain plate is held. If Arceus is holding a certain plate(lets call it X for now.), then it becomes said type. By removing its plate, it will lose the Mega Evo, and go back to the Normal typing. There's no way to do it, unless you have some sort of room in your game, with rocks or some other "ornament" that represent a certain type. You could interact with it, changing its type for example. And, you could make it such that it will only activate when Arceus is in Mega form.

When I was thinking to add a Mega Evolution for Arceus, it was specialy to change his Ability Multitype, but I want to use Plate like a Mega Stone since he can use the Type of the Plate for the move Judgment. Mega Evo can only toggle in a battle so with a Plate (Than he already held) I can change his Type and his Ability at the same time without mess with his Move Judgment.

I used to create duo-types plate so his Ability Multitype can be use more effectively too.

(Maybe it's just me the problem, I have some difficulty to say what I really want in english.)

But anyways I like your idea of a ''Permanant'' Mega form and then change his stat,type only with this form. I will test this out.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    I don't know for sure, but I would guess that the problem lies in the HP.
    Mega Evolutions can't change HP. Try changing it back to 120 and see if that fixes anything about the Mega form. ^^
    Also, Discord, you don't NEED to make a Mega Evolution for every Plate. If only the Light Plate is coded to allow it to Mega Evolve, then only the Light Plate needs to have a corresponding Mega Form.
    As it is, it should work perfectly, so I assume the problem is only in the HP - the Plate certainly isn't a problem, as you can Mega Evolve using a BERRY if you code the Mega form that way; having a secondary effect for the item is not a problem. ^^

Qwertyis666

Years
  • I don't know for sure, but I would guess that the problem lies in the HP.
    Mega Evolutions can't change HP. Try changing it back to 120 and see if that fixes anything about the Mega form. ^^
    Also, Discord, you don't NEED to make a Mega Evolution for every Plate. If only the Light Plate is coded to allow it to Mega Evolve, then only the Light Plate needs to have a corresponding Mega Form.
    As it is, it should work perfectly, so I assume the problem is only in the HP - the Plate certainly isn't a problem, as you can Mega Evolve using a BERRY if you code the Mega form that way; having a secondary effect for the item is not a problem. ^^

Hi Zygarde718, effectively, changing back the HP to 120 have resolve my problem :D
    I put the mega form script (for Arceus) at the bottom with the other too....perhaps it also help :P

Anyways thanks to have reply to this thread because I just restart the developement of my game and the Alpha Arceus was on my ''To Do'' List ^^

Thanks again and sorry for my bad English

--(--My problem was been resolve, a moderator can close this thread--)--

Back