• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Prof. Elm and pokerus

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcoteen2008

Ball State Cardinal
Years
  • Has anyone else been called by Prof. Elm and told you about Pokerus? He called me right after my battle in Viridian City at the Trainer House.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • I still haven't gotten it yet. Kinda sucks too. But no, haven't gotten a call.

Theodore Bruno

ADORABLOODTHIRSTY
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    Does he call you right after you contracted it? Because that what happened to me.

Shuckleman

The Awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    Pokerus is some disease that makes your pokemon gain more stats when they level up.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    pokerus is a virus that your pokemon can get. you get it by battling a pokemon with it or if a pokemon party member has it it can be spread. each time your pokemon levels up while it has it, its stats get a bigger increase than it normally would. i think it stay permenant if you stick it in your pc.

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
  • Er... Well, the way it actually works is that it doubles all the Effort Values you get from each Pokemon.
    That way, for every Rattata, for example, which gives one Speed EV, you get two. If you have another EV-giving item on it, like the Power items, you get (1(base)+4(from power item))x2(from Pokerus) = 10 EVs.

So yeah, it does make your stats go up pretty high, but it's not like it makes the Pokemon break its max number, but rather, that's what help it REACH its max number. All in all, it's a really nice thing to find in your game. Spread it to almost everything you have, if only to keep it around and active whenever you need it.

- Tyros

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    This is news to me, I have a shiney Illumise with Pokerus and i thought it was pointless, because Volbeat and Illumise are horrible. so i just thre it in my box. now that i know that it can spread, this is exciting news

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    No, I haven't gotten any call yet. Maybe because I haven't even got to Viridian City yet. I just got on the S.S. Aqua a few hours ago, so... Yeah.

1tylerule

Master Collector
    Years
  • I have a couple Pokemon with Pokerus, and yes, I got the call about it, he says it does nothing, he means that it does nothing bad to your Pokemon.

Yoak

Pokemon Battler In-Training
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    Does it go away with real life time, or game time? Like, if I don't play my game. will it go away still?

Years
  • Does it go away with real life time, or game time? Like, if I don't play my game. will it go away still?
    The infected Pokemon has the ability to spread the virus for 24 real hours. When that time is up, the Pokemon will still the 2x EV benefits, but will just not be able to spread the disease. When a Pokemon is put in the PC time does not affect the Pokerus. When the Pokemon is taken out of the PC the time limit is reset.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back