• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Professors, Professors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
  • a professor that battles some Team _____ goons with you
    seriously, a Prof. with their own team would be great

A female sounds good.
    But a professor who...well...Iz the champion LOL

Fun fact: Prof Oak was originally going to be the champion in R/B instead of Blue, but it was changed at the last minute. If one hacks the game, they can find he's got a programmed lineup of Tauros, Exeggutor, Arcanine, Gyarados, and his remaining starter from the start of the game. :P

Anyways, I never considered a female professor before (because everyone on the internets know women can't do science. XD), but it seems like a fun idea. I like the name Willow or Cypress. (as they're types of trees used in the names of areas close to where I live. XD)

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • In my opinion, the male proffesors kind of seem... nerdy. All of them. It's like "I never dated in highschool so I spent all my time learning bout the pokemanz but now I suck at battling so I jsut wait in my lab for some children to arrive..." *heavy breathing*

I think we need, not a promiscuous, but a very atteactive, cool, collected female prof. And not an old one, on in her mid thirties. And yes, it'd be cool to see her in the field. Have some insight on what kind of team she might have. Maybe she could show you how to catch a pokemon, that could be one way to gather insight on her team. Anyway, I feel like a female professor would make the carreer itself ssem more like a success than a nerd's hobby. Not sure why.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    They've all got families though! Save for Rowan, that is.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • They've all got families though! Save for Rowan, that is.

Like that makes any difference xD I can see it now, roll up through town in a van, open the window... "Hey kid. Wanna get in the van? I've got real pokemon inside..."

Anyway, The name should be something like Willow or Cypress, because those two actually sound like last names. Evergreen is indeed a tree, but doesn't sound like a name.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • I want either Poplar, Cypress, or Pine.

Edit: Doesn't this pic of a cypress tree remind you of Hiun City?
    Professors, Professors

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I ditto the idea of having a female professor. That would be such an awesome twist :D.

As far as names go
    Prof. Sakura
    Prof. Willow
    Prof. Maple
    Prof. Magnolia
    These would be good for a female professor.

Male
    Prof. Dogwood
    Prof. Cypress
    Prof. Pine

That's about all I can think of.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I'm still surprised that Cedar still hasn't been suggested. ):

I see the new Professor as a young man, like a person who just came out of... Pokémon Professor School. :3

Anyway, I want a professor who will get off of their lazy ass and actually find you instead of sending their assistants to do their bidding. As generic as they are, they aren't slaves, Professor Oak/Elm/Birch/Rowan.

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
    Years
  • This must be done...
    He/She should be named...
    Professor Bush...
    The worst professor in the entire Pokemon world...
    Why not right?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Professor Shrub! He/she can either be...
    Short, kinda crazy, with equally crazy hair.
    or
    Followed by an army of Isshu's Bidoof (weak starter area Pokémon) named "Ni."

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Professor Maple.

If it's a far, far away region, it makes sense that it'd be in America/near Canada. Maple is our tree. Why not? Makes sense.

Years
  • I think that having a female professor would be a nice needed change. I like the name Maple, as said before.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If it's based on trees still it could be any tree, Professor Olive, Professor Yew, Professor Maple, Ect. also Maybe the Professor could be female.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Olive or Willow are passable for me.

I am fond of the idea of a female professor as we have never seen those in the games. I'm tired of these lab coat wearing-lazy-creepy-pedos- male professors

cobraman228

My friends are my power.
    Years
  • Srsy, Prof. Holly , the sexy redhead female prof. is a winner. We need a bloody female professor at least once. But, knowing nintendo and GF, its gonna be an old hag called Prof. Evergreen or even better, Prof. ASH! lol :P

Years
    • Seen today
    I'd like to see a female professor to be quite honest. B&W has been pretty different from the other games and I'd like to see it carry on that motive with the rest of the game.

I would hope that the professor isn't just going to be like all the others in the sense that they just want to use you for pokedex completion. I would think that Gamefreak will probably just go with another male though, it seems to be going that way. From whatever I remember from the other games, I don't believe that I've seen any female professors even have a cameo in any of the generations, though I could be wrong.

It'd be nice to see a professor with contrast to the others, and have more to do with the player and possibly be involved in some side-quests rather than being stuck in a lab 24/7. It seems that once you meet your professor and get a few items off them here and there, you're done with them, which is a pity in mmy opinion as thanks to them your adventure has begun. But yeah, I hope the professor will be a little different in some ways, rather than just staying mainstream.

Lua

dharma bum
    Years
  • on the subject of names..

mabye ebony? cause u know, its like..blacky coloured- pokemon black/white, yes yes?
    it sounds terrible though..
    professor nutkin?hickory?sycamore?larch?teak?poplar?laurel?lime?mahogany?persimmon?pine?walnut?yew?
    actually, im thinking professor alder/cedar//willow<girl> sounds pretty o.k..or professor balsa, lols..
    the in-jokes for professor Fir would just be terrible.. i mean the whole pedo thing is bad enough as it is..
    oh god or professor hornbeam..heeheeheehee..^-^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back