• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Professors, Professors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I'd like a woman this time. Not sure on the name though, how about... Professor Conifer (possibly shortened to "Connie") or Professor Fern. They both sound pretty womanly.

One thing I've never understood is why there are so many professors in the Pokémon World when there doesn't seem to be one single university. I mean where exactly are they professor of?

Lua

dharma bum
    Years
  • professors of pokemon. duh :D yah, fair point. pokemon psychology? husbandry?molecular functions?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Professor Orange.

Yeah, that'd be sweet. *shot*

I'd like to see a female professor too, but old ladies aren't that... common as scientists. Not to knock females or anything, there are plenty, but the ol' guy stereotype fits with these games. (Elm was young, but nerdy)

Rich Boy Rob

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016

I'd like to see a female professor too, but old ladies aren't that... common as scientists. Not to knock females or anything, there are plenty, but the ol' guy stereotype fits with these games. (Elm was young, but nerdy)

Whoever said old lady? You could have a young woman like Prof. Ivy.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I just noticed that even then, "Ivy" is related to plants so it's obvious our new professor will be plant-based.

Whoever said old lady? You could have a young woman like Prof. Ivy.

if by young woman, you mean someone in her thirties, then yes Ivy.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Whoever said old lady? You could have a young woman like Prof. Ivy.
    I don't think it'd work, really. I mean yeah, there's Ivy and all, that's great, but usually professors tend to show their age with all of their... experience. They're sort of like mentors in these games, they can't be young hot shots all the time.

Mason69

Sleeping...
    Years
  • I actually want a female professor deeply involved in the story of the game, like if later she is revealed to be your mom or the villain or something like that. XD

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    It would be cool if the professor was a girl, maybe called Professor Willow (wonder why no one has suggested that name yet) or Maple. It'd be awesomex10 if the professor was the pkmn league champion XD. Like you beat your way through the trainers and elite four (if they do it this way that is) and you get to the end and wonder where the champ is then out of nowhere the professor pops up and challenges you to a battle.

I don't think it'd work, really. I mean yeah, there's Ivy and all, that's great, but usually professors tend to show their age with all of their... experience. They're sort of like mentors in these games, they can't be young hot shots all the time.

ah true but I don't want an old professor that looks like they lack any emotions whatsoever..a.k.a. professor rowan! we've had a young professor before, well younger than the others, and it was Birch. He was kinda messed up in the head but was still pretty wise :D. Remember, age is just a number.

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Bro...lots of people have mentioned willow...including myself lmao.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I just noticed that even then, "Ivy" is related to plants so it's obvious our new professor will be plant-based.

if by young woman, you mean someone in her thirties, then yes Ivy.

why don't we break away from the plant and tree based names? I understand how trees and plants are a vital part of life, and the most important thing pkmn professors study is life in the pkmn world, but with black and white if it truly is a revamp then we should have new names too imo. Don't laugh at me but I was thinking professor moon :\. You know the moon has different phases and looks completely white and almost invisible (as in blends in w/ black sky) too. So it makes since to have the name in black and white.

Bro...lots of people have mentioned willow...including myself lmao.

oops, my badXD. guess that's what happens when your computer crashes and you're off of PC for a whole day. Even my mijumaru pics are gone!!:'(

Last edited:

Rich Boy Rob

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I actually want a female professor deeply involved in the story of the game, like if later she is revealed to be your mom or the villain or something like that. XD

O.O Want it. Now.

Best. Idea. Ever.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • ah true but I don't want an old professor that looks like they lack any emotions whatsoever..a.k.a. professor rowan! we've had a young professor before, well younger than the others, and it was Birch. He was kinda messed up in the head but was still pretty wise :D. Remember, age is just a number.
    To be fair, Birch was the outdoor researcher (remember, he's the professor with muscles and a life outdoors) and so I think, in a way, they had to make him younger and to fit the hardy, outdoors type of guy. Ya'know?

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    why don't we break away from the plant and tree based names? I understand how trees and plants are a vital part of life, and the most important thing pkmn professors study is life in the pkmn world, but with black and white if it truly is a revamp then we should have new names too imo. Don't laugh at me but I was thinking professor moon :\. You know the moon has different phases and looks completely white and almost invisible (as in blends in w/ black sky) too. So it makes since to have the name in black and white.

oops, my badXD. guess that's what happens when your computer crashes and you're off of PC for a whole day. Even my mijumaru pics are gone!!:'(

Ah that sucks, but I kinda like the whole plant names relation the series has done. The only thing I really want is the female professor! =/

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I'm going to agree with everyone here and say that it's time to have a female professor. Hm, her name would have to be tree-based, but I can't think of any. Magnolia, perhaps?

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I think a good name for a female professor would be Professor Juniper (which I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet).

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • I agree that a female would be awesome, though the name that I would like(Yew) doesn't really fit a female. >_> Maybe Professor Cottonwood would be a good name...

There are a few names they could use for a male though. For example, Yew and Hickory. But speculation is speculation...

Years
  • I agree that a female would be awesome, though the name that I would like(Yew) doesn't really fit a female. >_> Maybe Professor Cottonwood would be a good name...

There are a few names they could use for a male though. For example, Yew and Hickory. But speculation is speculation...

lol Imagine having a conversation with a Professor named Yew.

Who are you?

Yew.

No. Who are you?

Yew. I'm Yew.

No. I'm me. You're you.

Correct.

Huh? 0.0

Weird....XD

I think the professor should be a female named Professor Maple. Make her a red head.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back