• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Progress of website exclusive to this forum!

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Okay I'll be updating the current progress of the website here. If this is not really appropriate for the forum close it by all means (to mods).

If anyone has interesting scans or pictures from the manga please help out by scanning or taking digital snapshots of it. If you have the manga you can also help out by doing summaries/essays of chapters.

These are the volumes I'm missing out on: vol. 1-8

Other stuff that I'll be doing or need help in doing will be:
    ---Character Bios
    ---Banners, Background
    ---Fanart or Fiction section

It's going to be the first English website exclusively dedicated to Pokemon Special so I'm really overly excited about this! :)

Check out my signature to go to https://www.pokespecial.tk whenever you forget the address!

Staff of the website is currently Omega Brendan and me. If you are interested just drop me a pm anytime.

Anyway to date we have 3 summaries/essays now up on the page.

Last edited:

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
  • Looks amazing, you should make a splash page, maybe just vol.16 and then it's tiled, but how do you make it look faint?

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Omega-Brendan said:
    Looks amazing, you should make a splash page, maybe just vol.16 and then it's tiled, but how do you make it look faint?
    Sorry I don't get you. What Vol. 16? Faint?
    I don't think a splash page is a great idea, since the web content is going to include a lot of words (summaries). Maybe tables or frames will be better.
    *yawns* I have to redo the welcome banner all over again.

Last edited:

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
  • sad... I'm doing Round 2 VS Machoke now... only its gonna take forever cuz Red frees all these Pokemon and I have to like identify all of them

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Omega-Brendan said:
    sad... I'm doing Round 2 VS Machoke now... only its gonna take forever cuz Red frees all these Pokemon and I have to like identify all of them
    Hey take your time. It's not like we are going to rush with the website to see it put up immediately. Anyway I've completed the welcome banner and am going to put it up soon.
    By the way should I keep my essays the way they are or convert them into summaries?

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
  • I dunno, but I think the summaries way looks nicer, it's cleaner... I guess...

BTW congrats on 200 posts!

EDIT: You might want to edit the URL of ur webpage now... wait... that's ur fanart site... *hits head*

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Were you were editing the special site too? I made it a bit neater btw. Sorry for the confusion anyway.
    I have a fanart website too, that's why I put the Special link in my signature.
    I will start to summarise round 99 after I've finished my assessments later, and do a bit on the character bios on Gold and Silver. Will be logging out soon.

Last edited:

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Today it seems that Yahoo Geocities is giving me problems so I could not update the page. I accidentally deleted Round 1, but I shall be putting it back up once I relocated the website to another server without annoying popups and problems when I try to open Pagebuilder.

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
  • oh si is it once you try to load pagebuilder- I think I suffered the same problem, anyway I have no idea how u use freewebs...

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Just go https://www.freewebs.com and login. Good news is that it does not have popup ads or banners on the website, bad news is that it is a bit harder to use than geocities. Try to read up the help files there anyway.

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    If you can find a good picture you can post it here and I'll upload it. I can't make the umbreon animation for now as I'll have to start a new game for it.

Chaeran

No longer here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    You're all making great progress on the site!! ^_^ I wish I could help out, but I have yet to read the series and learn HTML. *grumbles, feels useless*

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    punkie90 said:
    hey, what hapen to you stories! whee they at?
    Sorry punkie, all the stories I've done so far have to be re-summarised. Check the website for today's updates.
    Things that I have yet to do is: Link buttons, Character Bios, Resummarising to minimise spoilers and also to teach Omega how to use html to update the website, now that we cannot rely on Geocities PageBuilder.

Back