• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project Alpha Fan [USERS NEEDED]

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Welcome to Project Alpha Fan, the most intense, complicated, and epic challenge in the history of Pokecommunity.

We are going to break the Guiness World Record for the completion of Pokemon Red/Blue.

For this you need the upmost efficiency.

People, fans, lovers of Mr. Tajiri's work, I'm calling upon each and every one of you. You see, a few days ago I came across an interesting peice of Data. The current world record for beating the original Pokemon Red/Blue series is currently 1 hour and 59 minutes. Incredible. I was dumbfounded by this information. This record shows how much effort can be put into the game. Imagine how fast his Pokemon leveled up! I'm sure most of you might have already heard about this, but still you must admit that this is truly amazing.

Now this record is incredible. I'm sure any Pokemon fan would love to see this in action. But why do that, when you can break the record yourself? I'm not saying we should do because we're better. I'm not saying we should do this for a picture in a book. I'm saying that we should do this, because if we all try the Pokecommunity will earn from it.

I'm calling on every Member, Non-Member, Fan, and even the people who hate Pokemon, to try and beat this game as fast as you can. Later we could have themes and threads about how we tried to beat it, even if we didn't. Everybody who participates should have their name on the plaque, because I want everybody who joins to put their tips, their shortcuts, anything that could help the next person on this thread.

I don't think, I know that all of us, as a Pokecommunity can show that we will help the next person. We will find a way, even when it looks like we can't go anywhere else;
    WE WILL FIND A WAY!!

This is not impossible! Anything is possible with hard work, cooperation, teammanship, and most importantly friendship. Tell anyone you can to help with this project.

Because if you do, you are truly...

An Alpha Fan.

I would appreciate it if any Moderators would please give me advice on how to accomplish this project. I would like everybody to tell me their ideals on how we can do this.

Current Members of Project Alpha Fan;

Eeveelutionist

Mondays suck

Lati-Fan95

rockshock28

Lieutenant Unstable

myrrham

darkshiek

SkittyCrazy

560cool

seal.

SpawnHyuuga

Fire Wolf

TehYoshiNinja

Ramsie

Porygon Z

Melvern

bandgeek219

Best times so far;

SPAWN HYUUGA
    has acheived
    6 hours and 15 minutes on Pokemon Yellow!

Good advice;

Use a prima guide. This will come in handy during Silph Co.

Squirtle as a Starter provides good type combo against gyms and is good for dragon types.

Skip Diglett's Tunnel

Don't use Flash, you can see the walls of Rock Tunnel without it.

Skip most South East routes. Get to Fuschia from Cycling road and Cinnabar from Pallet Town.

Be simplistic with your Pokemon choices.

Move your most frequently used attack to the front, that way you can press A repeatedly during battle.

Use Lapras. It can learn a wide variety of moves and can destroy almost all of the Elite 4 with the proper moveset.

Turn battle animation off .

Alpha Fan;

Good luck to you all, and remember;

Gotta Catch em' All!

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Last edited:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    This seems like a fun project for the community to participate in. Especially for those Pokemon Color fan boys around. This is placed in the wrong forum, however, so I'll move it to Pokemon Metal and Color Generation for you.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    That's being a bit ambitious. I still can't imagine how it would be done. Where did you get this information from anyway? Because it really sounds like a tool-assisted speed run. That, in my opinion, would make more sense to do. It shows of technical knowledge and strategy without needing quick thinking. And that way the community would actually be able to work together to achieve this.
    In saying that, it would be an entirely different type of teamwork to come up with a plan in words. I support this, but I don't see it taking off quickly, and I also can't see the record being broken. Prove me wrong, guys. Rub it in my face.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Jakeyboy, I got this information from the "Guinness Book of World Records". So I'm pretty sure it's official. Also he did not use any speed tool whatsoever. He played the game and defeated the Elite 4 without any cheating device whatsoever.

Now Jakeyboy, are you interested in joining? If so, let me know immediately. I would hope that we can beat this Record as a community A.S.A.P.

Keep in mind that whoever beats the record (1 Hour 59 Minutes) should have the plaques say not only their name, but "Pokecommunity" as well.

I wish you all the best of luck.

Sincerely,

-ChrisTom

Last edited:

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    Can I just watch? This sounds like a blast, but I spend waaay too much time exploring, catching Pokemon, leveling up, and the ilk. I'd love to see if anyone here could do this, though! The fastest I've ever beating one was 30 hours, in Sapphire.

Krystallyn

☼ ♥You make me smile♥ ☼
    Years
    I'd like to try this. I think my neighbor has the games, so I'll see if he will let me borrow them. It took me 18 hours to beat Firered, but I'll try not to dally so long with this game. So, ya I'd like to join.

Years
    I might give this a try, though I would be astonished if I managed to finish it even under 5 hours.
    I will try this as a Squirtle line solo, since the Bulbasaur line seems to have serious problems with Ghosts and the Charmander line has a lot of problems early on due to type disadvantages, while Blastoise gets EQ and Ice Beam to beat things that might cause problems.

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
    Oh boy, I only read this and I'm feeling over-motivated enough to to this!^^ I'm in! I'm gonna try it when I'm done with my internship report and my brown run (both won't take me that long!^^) !^^ One question: Is the Missingno-Glitch allowed? i don't think I'll need it, though, but it'd be no cheat since it is in-game...

Lati-Fan95

Years
    No Lati-fan95, the missingno. cheat is not allowed. But thank you for your participation! I'll sign you up right now. Please post your best times, and any tips ou have.

Btw, good luck with your Internship Report!

Okay, thanks for taking me!^^ And plz call me Lati...

Yeah, I'm done with my 10 sites-long internship report but the brown poke league takes longer than expected... I'm gonna grind a lot tomorrow so that I can finish this off quick!^^

But I made up my mind on how to get fast through R/B and I found some good things I'd like to share:

-Skip Diglett Tunnel. Training a Diglett is too hard (it doesn't learn very much...), and Flash isn't very useful in R/B/Y (you can see every wall in Rock Tunnel, so I don't think there's a need for Flash)!^^

-Skipping the eastern route of Vermillion will buy some time, too.

-There are two Snoralxes in Kanto (everyone knows that, I guess...) : One at the town with Erika and the game corner (dunno the english name, german is Prismania!^^), the secound one is at the "Fisher Route" southern of Lavender. Forget about the Fisher Route, only own the Prismania Snorlax and go down Cycling road.

-Skip every part around Fuchsia, they are all optional!^^

-Forget about the bird's locations (Power Plant, Seafoam Islands and the part of Victory Road with Moltres)

-The most important HMs are Cut, Strength and Surf, Fly'd be good, too, it can buy us time in several situations. For Cut a Bellsprout would be best, for Fly a Pidgey would be suitable and Blastoise will cover Strength and Surf (they're okay at R/B/Y) !^^

-Maybe a Solo-Run with the starter as a battler all alone...?

-Don't buy the Magikarp (although i do that in every Red or Blue run...) !^^

What do you think about these?

Lati-Fan95

Years
    You sound edumacated. I'll take that advice...

Thanks!^^ I've played red and Blue like 10.000 times when i was a child, I can tell you every little tile and most pokemon locations by the top of the heart!^^ Well, there must be a way we can get more spare time...^^ Maybe a regular playthrough with no skips and 2 or more fighters to figure out a good strategy isn't that bad...^^ Maybe I'm gonna mark a Wolrldmap with skippable areas (Yeah, if I really want to, I can be quite energic!^^)...

Maybe skipping the 2nd Green/Blue battle isn't a bad idea, it's optional!^^

We should figure out the fastest way through Silph Co. !^^ The whole warpers can be confusing, so maybe a really detailled play through Silph would really help us out.

Maybe that seems a little freakish, but we should fugure out the fastest way through every map!^^

And the bicycle should be used very often...

Well, I better stop here, you all should get a chance to share some ideas with us!^^

And don't forget: If a man or a woman yells loud enough, they can do ANYTHING!^^

EDIT: The worldmap is done!^^ These two points are Diglett Tunnel... If you can think of another skipable area, post it and I'll update the worldmap!^^ (Red=Skipable!^^)

Last edited:

Krystallyn

☼ ♥You make me smile♥ ☼
    Years
    I almost have Silph Co.'s map down by ♥, but I always forget where to get the key card.

How did you post that map? It'd be a helpful way to show how to get through Silph Co. quickly.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Wow! Alot of people are posting one this! This event is turning out way better than expected. Okay Lati I'm editing in your tips right now. Also are you in Germany? I figured because you said that Celadon City is called Prismania in German.

As for Silph Co., I have a copy of the old prima guide. If you can look it up on the internet. You only need to fight 2 people with the exception of Blue and Giovanni. After getting the key card you need to go to the third floor. You will have to fight a scientist, but after that you are all set!

I wish you all the best of luck!

Years
    I finally got started now.
    As planned, I chose Squirtle, and as planned, I somehow managed to beat that Bulbasaur, this first battle took me longer than expected though. After 2 or 3 more random battles and 2 Pokemon Center visits, I was at Viridian after having finished the Parcel Quest.
    In Viridian Forest, I only fought the last trainer with the level 9 Weedle. Beating him was actually quite difficult, since it was equally strong to my level 7 Squirtle and could poison it. On my second attempt, it preferred String Shot, so I could beat it. One Kakuna and one Pokemon Center visit later, it was time to challenge Brock's underling (I'm needing the Exp). At the end, Squirtle was at level 11 and had 3 HP left.
    I used a Potion and challenged Brock. Easily beat him even though he got 2 crits.
    Went back to the Pokemon Center, healed and saved.
    Currently:

That's not too bad, I hope.

Back