• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
  • I editted the team a bit. Still not the best, but it works, I guess. Also, I changed something with the dialogue. Normally it would be heard after catching Kyogre, but that might be done after the Battle Frontier, and that would be bad, so yeah.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I dont know if you posted it, but who won contest rival? And if you could comment on my edited free rival, please do.

Contest Rival results come out with the Free Rival Poll.

Anyways looking at your free rival there's really not much of a storyline, which I really like to see in rival submissions, especially free rivals, because it adds something to the game besides another trainer. Also, I still highly question if any of your movesets are competitively viable. Both Zeta and I have very strong competitive teams, look at those for advice.

A competitive team requires EVs, Natures, Desired Ability, and a competitive moveset and strategy. Smogon has great examples of these, and you can also use the StrategyDex for more information. Keep in mind that the majority of the teams in the Free Rival up until an encounter with a legendary Pokemon that is deemed Uber are OU or Overused teams. PokeCommunity also has a decent Competitive community, so you can always read the guides there as well.

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
  • Contest Rival results come out with the Free Rival Poll.

Anyways looking at your free rival there's really not much of a storyline, which I really like to see in rival submissions, especially free rivals, because it adds something to the game besides another trainer. Also, I still highly question if any of your movesets are competitively viable. Both Zeta and I have very strong competitive teams, look at those for advice.

A competitive team requires EVs, Natures, Desired Ability, and a competitive moveset and strategy. Smogon has great examples of these, and you can also use the StrategyDex for more information. Keep in mind that the majority of the teams in the Free Rival up until an encounter with a legendary Pokemon that is deemed Uber are OU or Overused teams. PokeCommunity also has a decent Competitive community, so you can always read the guides there as well.

We really need all the EVs,and natures? I'll make a story, but we really need those?

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Since when have we needed to give EVs and natures?

In any case, I really need to sit down and fix Himeko.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • When Maci introduced the free rival, he did ask for competitive movesets. However, as stated in his rival information post back on page 15, EVs and Natures are only required for at least the last 2 encounters. The team that the rival has should build up to a competitively viable team by standards such as those on Smogon throughout the encounters.

So for the first encounter or so its ok to have something like:

Zubat
    Inner Focus
    Level 21

Bite, Wing Attack, Supersonic, Brave Bird

But the final two encounters should have a format similar to this for Pokemon:

Crobat @ Leftovers
    Jolly Nature- Inner Focus- Level 108
    104 HP/ 152 Atk/ 252 Spe

Brave Bird
    Taunt
    Roost
    U-Turn

In standard form:

Pokemon @ Item
    Nature- Ability- Level
    EVs

Move 1
    Move 2
    Move 3
    Move 4

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    EVs and Natures are a requirement; they are in the Rival OP. They are only necessary in the last 2 encounters, like Skip said. Regardless, as this is the last round and I've only just realized the lack of them, the entries will still be taken into account for the poll.

In my upcoming huge post that gives all the information on the Battle Frontier, I will reveal the poll and the winner of the Contest Rival.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    MATCH 1
    Spoiler:

MATCH 2
    Spoiler:

MATCH 3
    Spoiler:

MATCH 4
    Spoiler:

FINAL MATCH (MATCH 5)
    Spoiler:

Note: I just realized that Himeko, in the fourth encounter, technically has three copies of Leftovers. Given that she's a big eater in comparison to all the other characters in her native canon, I guess this can work...

As usual, if you see anything that can be improved, say so! I'm not a competitive battler, so any advice you can give is a big help!

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Battle Frontier OP

==============================================================
    Foreword
    We are entering into the final and most fun part of the project. So far we have done Gyms, the Elite 4, and the Rivals, and all that is left to do is the Battle Frontier. It has been a long project, but a great one, and I am sure that these next few rounds will be great. If you are interested in participating in the project (which I hope you are, it is a lot of fun), then I would ask that you please read through this entire post; it answers a lot of questions about the process. Well, let's get to it!
    Frontier Information
    The Battle Frontier will be a 5 Round Process that is similar to the way Gyms were done in this project. There are 5 different parts of the frontier:

• Battle Factory

• Battle Tower

• Battle Stadium

• Battle Palace

• Battle Chateau
    Each round has a different requirement for the number of battles to reach the Frontier Brain and the levels of the trainers and Brain. There are two Rounds for each section of the Frontier.
    ROUND ONE

• Battle Factory: 7 Trainers [LvL 90]..... | Frontier Brain: [LvL 100]

• Battle Tower: 5 Trainers [LvL 95]...... ..| Frontier Brain: [LvL 105]

• Battle Stadium: 8 Trainers [LvL 100] ..| Frontier Brain: [LvL 110]

• Battle Palace: 7 Trainers [LvL 100]//../| Frontier Brain: [LvL 115]

• Battle Chateau: 10 Trainers [LvL 110].| Frontier Brain: [LvL 150]
    ROUND TWO

• Battle Factory: 3 Trainers [Level 100].. | Frontier Brain: [LvL 110]

• Battle Tower: 2 Trainers [Level 100].....| Frontier Brain: [LvL 115]

• Battle Stadium: 4 Trainers [LvL 100] ....| Frontier Brain: [LvL 120]

• Battle Palace: 3 Trainers [LvL 100] .......| Frontier Brain: [LvL 125]

• Battle Chateau: 5 Trainers [LvL 120] ...| Frontier Brain: [LvL 200]
    Now as you probably can deduce from the levels, the Battle Frontier is extremely challenging. The reason there aren't level ranges is because everything on the Trainers team is the same level. Each Frontier Brain has a different battle style.

• Battle Frontier Trainers: All the trainers have the same style. A 3v3 Battle with no legendary pokemon allowed.

• Battle Factory: This Frontier Brain is a 3v3 Battle.

• Battle Tower: This Frontier Brain is a 3v3 Battle.

• Battle Stadium: This Frontier Brain is a Standard 6v6 Battle

• Battle Palace: This Frontier Brain is a 2v2 Double Battle.

• Battle Chateau: This Frontier Brain is a 6v2 Double Battle. The Brain uses 2 very high leveled pokemon.
    In each different section of the frontier, you fight under different conditions.

• Battle Factory: Before beginning the Battle Factory, you select 6 Rental Pokemon. The top 3 pokemon in your menu are used to fight. Your pokemon are healed before each fight.

• Battle Tower: You fight under normal conditions and your pokemon are healed before each fight.

• Battle Stadium: In the Stadium you are offered 6 Random Rental Pokemon. You can either take the whole set or use 3 of the Rental Pokemon and use three of your own .Your pokemon are healed before each fight.

• Battle Palace: You fight under normal conditions, but your pokemon are not healed in between fights. You have to buy Frontier Approved Gear from the Frontier Shops which can be used in these Battles

• Battle Chateau: You can use any pokemon in your possession while taking on the Chateau, including legendary pokemon. When you fight the Frontier Brain, you challenge them with a party of 6 vs a party of 2 in a Double Battle.
    That's all the information the specific information about the Battle Frontier; if you have questions on any of it feel free to PM me.
    Template
    The following is an example of how you might fill out your Battle Frontier entry. All fields are required. I will be filling out this example using the requirements for the Battle Tower.

Amouri Battle Frontier
    Battle Tower
    Round 1

Trainers
    Spoiler:

And you would continue with the trainers until you met the required amount of trainers. I'm just going to note here that you are allowed to exceed the amount of trainers required to face the Frontier Brain. Also, every trainer can have one pokemon that is up to 5 levels higher than the others. This would be their "star" pokemon. Team Strategies are not required for trainers, but pictures and competitive movesets are.

Frontier Brain
    Spoiler:

For Frontier Brains, competitive movesets, pictures, and team strategies are required. The rule of a "star" pokemon is true for every Frontier Brain except the Battle Chateau. I'm going to note something here story-wise; Round 2 of the Battle Frontier is only available after defeating Storm twice. You get a ticket to the Battle Frontier after defeating him once, and after you defeat him twice and you defeat the Battle Frontier once, the Frontier Brains will be willing to fight you again.
    Where to Find Information
    I require pictures & competitive movesets (complete with EVs and Natures) in the Battle Frontier sections. Any post that lacks either of these will not be counted. Here is where you can find them:

Sprites

www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites.html - This is the site I use for most pictures: you can get them quite fast.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page - Bulbapedia is great for a wide variety of things. You also get access to HG/SS on this site, which you cannot do on the first site.

Competitive Movesets

www.smogon.com - Easy, quick access to competitive movesets. Search the pokemon's name and look for a moveset that fits the team.

www.serebii.com - If the pokemon has been featured under Pokemon of the Day, you can get competetive movesets about them.

Obviously, there are also competitive movesets to be found on Pokecommunity.

NOTE: I am not advertising these sites, I am providing links to them as they provide information that is relevant to what I am asking of people during the Elite 4 rounds.

ALSO, I would love to see people go beyond the slate if they can, do whatever you can think of. All of the gyms that were selected went above and beyond in some way, so think of a way you can.
    Schedule
    The rounds for the Battle Frontier are 5 days long; the Frontier requires less than do the Rivals, thus a shorter time to do them. If anyone is in need of an extension, I will extend the round by 2 days, no longer. The following is the schedule we will follow unless an extension is needed.

February 1st - February 7th - Battle Factory
    February 8th - February 22th - Battle Tower
    February 22th - February 28th - Battle Stadium
    March 1st - March 7th - Battle Palace
    March 8th - March 14th - Battle Chateau
    March 15th - A Look Back At The Project
    The Project So Far...
    Gyms

Gym 1 - Skip Shot's Water Gym [CONGRATS!]
    Gym 2 - ooOpposite Day's Electric Gym [CONGRATS!]
    Gym 3 - Eos Aduro's Psychic Gym [CONGRATS!]
    Gym 4 - Ghostly Phoenix's Fighting Gym [CONGRATS!]
    Gym 5 - ooOpposite Day's Flying Gym [CONGRATS!]
    Gym 6 - Syrynn's Dragon Gym [CONGRATS!]
    Gym 7 - SkipShot's & ooOppositeDay's dual Poison/Ice Gym [CONGRATS!]
    Gym 8 - Zeta Dimentio's Fire / Electric Gym [CONGRATS!]

Elite 4

Elite 4 (1) - Skip Shot's Grass Elite 4 [CONGRATS!]
    Elite 4 (2) - Eos Aduro's Steel Elite 4 [CONGRATS!]
    Elite 4 (3) - SethMetal37's Rock Elite 4[CONGRATS!]
    Elite 4 (4) - Skip Shot's Ghost Elite 4 [CONGRATS!]
    Champion - Maci12's Varied Champion [CONGRATS!]

Rivals

Hometown Rival - Skip Shot's Varied Rival [CONGRATS!]
    Criminal Rival - Zeta Dimentio's Varied Rival [CONGRATS!]
    Contest Rival - Zeta Dimentio's Varied Rival [CONGRATS!]
    Free Choice Rival - Skip Shot & Eos Aduro's Varied Rival [CONGRATS!]

Battle Frontier

Battle Factory - Zeta Dimentio's AHmazing Frontier Brain [CONGRATS!]
    Poll
    Because no submissions were completed this round, there is no poll to be held.
    Results
    The long awaited results are in and we have our winner for the first round of the Battle Frontier. Congratulations to...Zeta Dimentio. Your submission was incredible, and will no doubt shape the quality of all submissions to come throughout the last three (!!) rounds. If you consistently produce work like that in these final rounds, you might make a clean sweep!
    Current Round
    The current round is Round 19: Battle Stadium. The following are the requirements.

Levels & Amount of Trainers

• Round 1: 8 Trainers [LvL 100] ..| Frontier Brain: [LvL 110]

• Round 2: 4 Trainers [LvL 100] ....| Frontier Brain: [LvL 120]
    Remember, the Frontier Brain and Frontier Trainers can have a "star" pokemon which exceeds the max level by 5.

Battle Style

• Battle Frontier Trainers: All the trainers have the same style. A 3v3 Battle with no legendary pokemon allowed.
    • Battle Stadium: This Frontier Brain is a Standard 6v6 Battle.
    Battle Conditions

• Battle Stadium: In the Stadium you are offered 6 Random Rental Pokemon. You can either take the whole set or use 3 of the Rental Pokemon and use three of your own. Your pokemon are healed before each fight.
    Closing Words
    The project is in its final stages and I'm thrilled to have been a part of it. I look forward to great submissions from everyone and I don't think I'll be disappointed. If you have any questions please PM me; I want everyone to be clear on what to do.

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Battle Frontier time!! Hopefully my year of experience in competitive play will really come through and shine here. Reserving post for the Battle Factory submission- one of my favorite places!

The Amouri Frontier

Battle Factory

Round 1

Spoiler:

More to come soon!

Last edited:

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Maybe I should have arranged for a collaborative work with someone in the Free Rival round...

As I've said before, I have no head for competitive battling. So, I guess I will just hang around and vote for who I think should be in the hack.

Good luck everyone!

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    ooOppositeDay! It's been a while since you've submitted to the project. Glad to have you back for the Battle Chateau round, you'll give some huge competition as always. But you have to watch out for me that round too; I already have my submission made =P. Raekuul, why don't you do a collaboration with someone who has a competitive brain during the Battle Frontier? You could make a good storyline and they could keep you on a competitive track. By the way, the Battle Factory is officially open for submissions; I'm interested to see them =].

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Well, looks like I'm going to have some steep competition this time around. But don't worry, with my ideas, I'm going to totally re-invent the idea of the Battle Frontier. I have a pretty good story worked out, that expands the Free Rival thing at the end, but isn't necessarily affected by it, in case I lose. I will be entering all 5, and unlike what I did with the others, I'm not holding anything back. Prepare for my masterpiece.

Even if I don't win, I'll still make a show out of it.

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
  • Hmm...I almost feel threatened as if I don't want to submit any Frontier Battles Zeta, lol, just kidding...I'm not sure If i'll submit one this round, but maybe in a couple of others, i'll probably start working on the Battle Stadium submission today.

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years

• Maci, where is my submission? I don't see it on the list.... Dis you just forget it, or not iclude it?

How do you already have the top 3?!

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
  • Hey by the way Maci, when I clicked to look at Zeta Dementio's submission it brought up mine. I think that might detour voting for Zeta just a little :P

Back