• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

Maci12

Gym Leader
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Hey, I won't be turning in an entry this round. Zeta's is much better than mine is, and I'd rather have it than mine as the finale of the game. Sorry that I haven't been active, life is busy =/

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Final events in story, and the appendix. I hope you liked this, and yes, it did allow you to get Jirachi and Giratina, even if the latter isn't the real thing story-wise, it's still just as good.

Spoiler:

That is my finale.

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    The look back at the project is going to be held on Saturday. I'll be PMing everyone who was involved with the project to come for the events. Some of the events are competitions to see who can make an in-game event in a set amount of time, some are polls to see which are the best/favorite submissions of the project and I will be linking to all of the submissions which won. Obviously Zeta Dimentio won this round, as I withdrew my entry after seeing his. Spread the word to people who have actively participated in the project/won a round to come on Saturday, the events begin early. There will be a few hours I can't chaperone it (10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. EST), but I'll be here to check in hourly on the events besides that. If anyone could host the events for those hours, PM me and I'll tell you what the events for those hours are. Overseeing the events isn't that hard, you just need to check in and make sure people follow the rules, and you can still participate yourself. I'll be releasing more details on our finale soon =]

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    A Look Back at the Project

==============================================
    Foreword
    For the past 6 months, with over 50 people participating (all of which I am PMing), we have created the most successful Create-A-Gym Leader projects ever. There are 26 pages of fantastic gyms and I wish all of them could be a part of the final draft of the game. Initially this project was only going to last until November 14th, and was only going to make eight Gym Leaders and four Elite 4 members with a Champion by me. However, we not only went on to make Rivals but a Battle Frontier as well. This has been a really fun experience for me and I hope that all of you had as much fun as I did! This look back will have two parts, polls on what the favorite gym was (out of every submitted gym). Also, throughout the week, there will be various day-long events, which will all be covered in the next post. Yeah, we're going out with a bang!
    Everything Submitted to the Project
    Gym 1
    Spoiler:
    Gym 2
    Spoiler:
    Gym 3
    Spoiler:
    Gym 4
    Spoiler:

Gym 5
    Spoiler:

Gym 6
    Spoiler:

Gym 7
    Spoiler:

Gym 8
    Spoiler:

Elite Four
    Spoiler:

Rivals
    Spoiler:

Battle Frontier
    Spoiler:

Week-Events Schedule
    As promised, this is the schedule for the events of the next few days. If you had any participation in the project, then you are welcome to join in with the events. These are just fun events that help celebrate the closing of the most extensive Create-A-Region project ever.
    April 3rd (Saturday): Bold Vote Poll on the favorite submission of the project. You are by no means required to look at all of the submissions, just look at a few and pick out your favorite!
    April 4th (Sunday): Create-A-Pokemon-Event. There are many legendary pokemon that are not yet obtainable through the quests we have laid out so far, they are: Mew, Celebi, Shaymin, Shaymin-S, Darkrai, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Manaphy, Cresselia, Heatran, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Latias, Latios, Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie. Make an event or quest involved to catch one of them. This event extends into April 5th.
    April 5th (Monday): Extension of Create-A Pokemon-Event.
    April 6th (Tuesday): Extension of Create-A Pokemon-Event.
    April 7th (Wednesday): Closing ceremony, I'll give awards to people who were most prolific, had the most accepted, were the most helpful users, etc. Don't miss this if you were involved!
    If you have any suggestions of possible events besides these, I will gladly take them and add them onto the list. I'm really excited to see what people come up with for the Create-A-Pokemon-Event, and I'll provide a template for you later today so that you can begin working on it. Remember that anyone who participated is encouraged and welcome to participate in these events! I'm looking forward to the next few days, let's end this thing with a bang!

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Oh, I'll definitely have some events ready to get some of them. I'll be using the Legendary Birds, Mew, Ho-oh, and Lugia, and that's about it for that.

Oh, and I'll add in the teams and pictures for the Battle Palace, so yeah. Was going through a lot during that time, so now that I have time, I'll finish it up.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I'm doing a Mew and Celebi event, so is it possible that you could substitute Mew out for Manaphy or Shaymin? I don't want events to be in competition; the point of Create-A-Pokemon-Event is to fill up as many Legendary Pokemon events as possible so that I have to do very little creatively speaking =]. I'm going to make a sign up sheet for the legendaries to avoid drama. I'll leave Mew blank until I hear your response.

Legendary Sign Ups
    Articuno - Zeta Dimentio
    Azelf - Dark Sceptile
    Celebi - Maci12
    Cresselia -
    Darkrai -
    Entei - JeTz
    Heatran -
    Ho-Oh - Zeta Dimentio
    Kyogre - Skip Shot
    Latias - Skip Shot
    Lugia - Zeta Dimentio
    Manaphy -Opposite Day
    Mesprit - Dark Sceptile
    Mew - Maci12
    Moltres - Zeta Dimentio
    Raikou - Opposite Day
    Shaymin - Zeta Dimentio
    Shaymin - S -
    Suicune - Skip Shot
    Uxie - Dark Sceptile
    Zapdos -
    Zeta Dimentio
    Later on I'll also put the template here. Good, glad that you got the PM; according to my PMs I have never sent a PM =P

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Sure, I don't necessarily need Mew in the event, but I will use Shaymin. Latios can be caught in this game, by the way, due to the Dragon Crystal that Skip Shot and Eos Aduro had in their event.

Yes, I got your PM, so you don't need to worry about that.

PS: You forgot Zapdos, unless you want someone else to do that.

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • oh wow. This sounds like mighty fun indeed! Reserve a spot for Raikou and possibly Manaphy for me, will you? I'm rather sick of Raikou being the one that has been given the least attention of the legendary beasts, and I intend to do something about it! : D

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Good, I was wondering whether the PM got sent. I forgot that Latios was obtainable, thanks for the reminder =]. Also thanks for taking Shaymin. Since I'm basing this off of a Generation 3 game, phase-changing pokemon don't exist outside of Castform. That means that Shaymin-S and Shaymin will have different events. I signed you up for Shaymin because it is more along the lines of Mew, but if you'd rather have Shaymin-S, tell me and I'll fix it. Don't forget to vote on your favorite submission of the project by the way! I searched through 26 pages to link people to every submission the project had. My favorite was Syrynn's Dragon Gym for Gym 6.

EDIT:
    Just saw your post Opposite Day, nice to see you back in the thread again! I'll reserve those pokes for you now =]. I think the Create-A-Pokemon-Event is a fun way to end the project; it lets everyone be creative in a non-competitive way.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • That makes sense. I was going to ask about that. I'm fine with normal Shaymin, personally. Unless I have a Giratina event, which I won't, I don't need Shaymin-S.

My favorite is probably... Eos Aduro's and Skip Shot's Free Rival. I really like the storyline, even if it did somewhat contradict Ezekiel's team, but I think I got around it.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Yeah, I think that Syrynn's gym is probably everyones, including mine, favourite by now. Man, that gym could probably top everything I'd ever dish up. (I feel like one of the old persons talking about "WHEN I WAS YOUNG WE HAD 150 POGEYMANS AND WE WERE CONTENT ABOUT IT", since I really didn't do anything after I posted that seventh last gym... XD)

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Haha, Syrynn's gym is even amazing when looking back at all the amazing Rival and Battle Frontier submissions. I think its also that nobody else had done anything like him before that, so watching someone make such a big leap in quality was cool. And Zeta I thought you already had a Giratina event in your Battle Frontier? The last thing, or is that Giratina not catchable. Also, I added Kyogre to the list as I don't think it was ever mentioned in the winning posts.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • I did, it was the last event. That's why I'm not putting one up. XD. But since the event I'm writing actually takes place before the Elite 4, I might put in some foreshadowing to it. Giratina's shadow (Plot wise, anyway, the real Giratina made it an actual Giratina before getting sealed again) is catchable.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Alright! Legendary Events sound like a lot of fun! I'll take Latias, Kyogre, and Suicune.

I have to agree with Maci on Syrynn's 6th Dragon Gym being my favorite submission. It's really disappointing he didn't stick around longer, because he would have created some amazing posts!

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Dark Sceptile, do you mind if I give JetZ Entei? You claimed two, and he only wants Entei. I don't want competing events, so having this presorted would be nice. I'm really happy that this is busy and that people want to take part in the look back at the project. I can't believe it's been sixth months!

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Seeing that there's still a few slots open, I'll also take Darkrai and Cresselia. I've got a great idea as to how to obtain them both in one storyline.

Back