• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2016
    Currently I am taking a look at the battle-script in my freetime (when not playing Heroes of Newerth :o). I am planning to rewrite the code, but it is still in the thinking phase ^^ (How to structure it, so functions can easily work with it)

Example: Atm there are four battler (pokemon) possitions 0(player),1(foe),2(dualbattle, player or ally),3(dualbattle foe)

As you can see it is a bit iffy, if you want to implement sth. like 1 vs. 5 (mass battles), so we have to streamline the battler-stuff. First one side, than the other. But now we have new problems to solve... Dependencies... Which pokemon can attack which enemy, if you have an uneven matchup? 1vs5 is easy, but what about 2vs4? or 3vs5?

I don't how these 3-Pokemon-Turn matches are called, but if the battle-script is reworked, why don't we add these different game-modes, too ?

Maybe I can present my first impressions / problems / whatever around X-Max :o

I keep you guys updated

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • I am not sure if I consider new battle mechanics such as X vs 3, Horde battles, or Sky battles essential or not and even if they are to be considered, I believe the screen size (as well as menus) would need some redesigning to make it all fit within reason.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • Sky battles can be done without rewriting the battle core. It's just a simple restriction to pokémons having at least flying type or levitate ability.

If you're trying to rewrite the battles, you can but it's not a priority for the Gen 6 project. (BTW if you manages to get camera movement and a better gif support, that would be nice :) )

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    I've already gotten Illusion to work (I posted it in this section, sorry can't post links yet) - I took a quick glance at the updated Scripts file and I think it should work without any modifications.

Also, I've been doing some move effects, though it seems like the moves PBS file isn't finished yet + there are no moves claimed in the Claimed sheet despite some having a working code in the original post, so I don't really know which function codes I should use so that it doesn't conflict. I'm posting them anyway though, so I can get them out of the way.

Rototiller:
    Spoiler:
    Electrify:
    Spoiler:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I've already gotten Illusion to work (I posted it in this section, sorry can't post links yet) - I took a quick glance at the updated Scripts file and I think it should work without any modifications.

Also, I've been doing some move effects, though it seems like the moves PBS file isn't finished yet + there are no moves claimed in the Claimed sheet despite some having a working code in the original post, so I don't really know which function codes I should use so that it doesn't conflict. I'm posting them anyway though, so I can get them out of the way.

I would hold off, on the scripts until all files are complete, no point in adding moves and abilities that have already been made... At least if you have them and they are not on the list, simples!
    But as to stop confusion of who made what script and lack of credits where due, you must consider that if 3 people make the same move... 1 will get credit because you all didn't work together (if that makes sense) I don't want anyone feeling down because someone else created a script already... After all your hard work, it may be irrelevant to say the least.

Well done for the scripts though.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Next batch is here:

-Grass Pelt: Right after Heatproof's effect script, that is located in def pbCalcDamage in PokeBattle_Move, add:
    Code:
        if opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:GRASSPELT) && 
           (@battle.environment==PBEnvironment::GRASS || @battle.environment==PBEnvironment::TALLGRASS) &&
           pbIsPhysical?(type)
          defmult=(defmult*1.5).round
        end

-Analytic: Right after Heatproof's effect script, that is located in def pbCalcDamage in PokeBattle_Move, add:
    Code:
        if attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:ANALYTIC) && attacker.lastAttacker>=0 
          #needs testing with future sight and doom desire
          damagemult=(damagemult*1.3).round
        end

This one does need more testing since .lastAttacker is pretty much a unused method and I'm not sure why Maruno didn't use it for Analytic.

Another thing I did was changing breeding mechanics so that both parent can pass down Egg Moves to their offspring. While doing that I noticed that essentials order in which moves are passed down is reversed making it almost impossible for a pokémon to inherit an egg move so I also fixed that.

Replace "def pbDayCareGenerateEgg" in PokemonDayCare with this:
    Spoiler:
    Haven't tested this as much as I'd like (It's a bit hard) but I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

Years
  • Yupp. All Hidden Abilities done.

Awesome. Feel free to post them and they will be added. If you want to post the sprites as well you are welcome to, but make sure you have the appropriate credits and permissions for them as well. We wouldn't want to use something we're not supposed to for a community project.

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
    Years
  • Right.

Spoiler:

That's everything for Gen 6 XY. I plan to add Primal Evolution and the new megas soon. I'll post those here as well. Also, the Original Poster should get this stickied. I feel like this is important. Also, when you use this, be sure to credit me and Amythest, the creator of Pokémon Reborn, as she was the one who provided me with these. However, I plan to create Primal Evolutions and the code for them, as well as most, if not all of the Mega's and post them here along with these.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • The original post has a link to the Claims thread. If you are looking to contribute, please look at the claim sheet to find out what needs to be done and what is free to claim.

DeKay

Mega Evolved
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    The original post has a link to the Claims thread. If you are looking to contribute, please look at the claim sheet to find out what needs to be done and what is free to claim.

The Claim Sheet doesn't really tell me much.
    But I believe the Stance Change Ability has no code yet (and nobody has worked on it I believe).
    I would like to do that if possible.

Back