• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
  • I did notice there's nothing suggested for Inkay
    Not exactly official, but a an idea I and others liked
    Here's the link
    Btw. as a little thing about the Inkay evolution.
    In Windows you can rotate your Screen. (CTRL+Alt+[Arrow Key])
    This can also be checked in the registry.
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\Rotation]     "Angle"=dword:B4
    B4 means rotated by 180 degrees.

No Idea how that would be possible on Mac. But just as Information.

Btw. Would volunteer for Parental Bond (I am pretty much done with King's Shield | And thinking about a way how to get all the Stance Change Exceptions [Ability can't be mummied/copied/swapped etc.] easily.)

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • Ahah I love the B button idea (especially as a Twitch Plays Pokémon follower, where B-trolls were stopping all evos). But the rotating screen idea is nice too. Is it possible to do it on all OS though ?

Years
  • Oh, this thing really kicked into gear. Mej redirected me here; I'm pretty bad at keeping up with stuff around here though... I can probably contribute at least a little bit at some point though since we've had some things done for a while, like Stance Change/King's Shield... Seems like I've been holding out on you all, sorry.
    I'm not in a place to do it right now, but I'll poke through the update later and see what I can offer.

I did notice there's nothing suggested for Inkay, so I'll throw what we did for Reborn out there-- It's a bit off-kilter, but then so is Malamar, right? In Reborn, Inkay will fail to evolve unless the evolution is canceled with the B Button, in which case it successfully evolves. I can provide the code for this if you guys decide this is an approach you want to take.

Not exactly official, but a an idea I and others liked
    Here's the link

As much as I like the rotating idea, I feel like we're going to have compatability issues with it.
    AmethystRain, I think your idea sounds pretty good, if you'd like to share the code.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    This just uses a normal level-up evolution in pokemon.txt, so no need to make anything special for that part.

In PokemonEvolution def pbEvolution:
    Spoiler:

EDIT:
    Who needs claims? Have some code.

Noble Roar
    Spoiler:

This one comes courtesy of Blind Guardian.

Spiky Shield
    Spoiler:

Of course do be sure to change the ID and function codes as necessary.

I also don't think we need any special scripting for these, do we? Since these function codes already exist.
    Code:
    590,MYSTICALFIRE,Mystical Fire,045,65,FIRE,Special,100,10,100,00,0,befg,Cute,"The user attacks by breathing a special, hot fire. It might lower the target's Sp. Atk. "
    594,PARABOLICCHARGE,Parabolic Charge,0DD,50,ELECTRIC,Special,100,20,0,08,0,bef,Beauty,"The user attacks everything around it. HP is restored by half of the damage."
    596,PETALBLIZZARD,Petal Blizzard,000,90,GRASS,Physical,100,15,0,08,0,bef,Smart,"The user stirs up a violent petal blizzard and attacks everything around it."
    598,PLAYNICE,Play Nice,042,0,NORMAL,Status,0,20,0,00,0,bce,Cute,"The user and the target become friends. This lowers the target's Atk."
    627,ORIGINPULSE,Origin Pulse,000,110,WATER,Special,85,10,0,04,0,bef,Beauty,"The user attacks opponents with countless beams of deep blue light."
    628,PRECIPICEBLADES,Precipice Blades,000,120,GROUND,Physical,85,10,0,04,0,bef,Cool,"The user attacks opponents by manifesting fearsome blades of stone."
    Am I wrong?

Last edited:

DeKay

Mega Evolved
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    As much as I like the rotating idea, I feel like we're going to have compatability issues with it.
    AmethystRain, I think your idea sounds pretty good, if you'd like to share the code.

Okay I checked that rotation stuff.
    On Windows it is driver dependent which means one would have to check more than one key.
    On Unix it's 1 thing to check afaik and on Mac I have no Idea where to check it. (It's possiblr to rotate on all of them).

Is it possible to show everything in Game Upside-Down? If so we could create a switch of some sort that does this. And in the evolution just check for the switch.

The easiest would be to ask , before the evolution (for inkay) is shown, if the user wants to rotate the screen. If yes theb the evo graphics are shown Upside -Down (possible already) and start the evo. after evo its back to normal.
    If no is pressed the evo will be canceled.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Okay I checked that rotation stuff.
    On Windows it is driver dependent which means one would have to check more than one key.
    On Unix it's 1 thing to check afaik and on Mac I have no Idea where to check it. (It's possiblr to rotate on all of them).

Is it possible to show everything in Game Upside-Down? If so we could create a switch of some sort that does this. And in the evolution just check for the switch.

The easiest would be to ask , before the evolution (for inkay) is shown, if the user wants to rotate the screen. If yes theb the evo graphics are shown Upside -Down (possible already) and start the evo. after evo its back to normal.
    If no is pressed the evo will be canceled.

Or just input commands to actually rotate the view port contents 180°

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2022
    Hey guys I'm very happy to see this project going on!

Is the scripts file in the first post updated with all these new features?

Or is it just the vanilla version?

Years
  • Something important that I feel needs addressing. I'm not sure where the change occured (I believe 4th gen), but current essentials still operates on an old battle mechanic. If a pokemon faints in the attack phase, it's replacement is immediately sent out, instead of waiting until the end of the round.
    This is not just problematic in double battles, but even in single battles. If you kill yourself with life orb, your replacement could still take a hit from your opponent. Even if your pokemon gets knocked out, the replacement is still susceptible to things like weather damage (hail, sandstorm), as well as it's own status conditions (toxic damage).
    I think this is a pretty important change in mechanics. I'm not sure what to edit off the bat, so if anyone would like to help me tackle this I would like to include it in the gen 6 project.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2021
    Something important that I feel needs addressing. I'm not sure where the change occured (I believe 4th gen), but current essentials still operates on an old battle mechanic. If a pokemon faints in the attack phase, it's replacement is immediately sent out, instead of waiting until the end of the round.
    This is not just problematic in double battles, but even in single battles. If you kill yourself with life orb, your replacement could still take a hit from your opponent. Even if your pokemon gets knocked out, the replacement is still susceptible to things like weather damage (hail, sandstorm), as well as it's own status conditions (toxic damage).
    I think this is a pretty important change in mechanics. I'm not sure what to edit off the bat, so if anyone would like to help me tackle this I would like to include it in the gen 6 project.

Go into PokeBattle_Battler scroll to the end of the script and comment out/remove this line:
    Code:
    @battle.pbSwitch

I haven't tested it in-depth yet but so far it seems to work for me.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    I happened to address this in Reborn the other day as well, although I found there were several pbswitches that needed to be commented out in that section. I may have done this wrong; can anyone confirm if that's the only one that's necessary? I've found no issues in my testing so far.

So after looking into a little further that's actually not quite accurate. If we just comment out that part then although turns will end properly, battles won't when we they should. In order to fix this I made a clone method of Switch containing only the decision piece to end the battle on time and instead of commenting out those lines, called that method.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    It's not much, but I added ORAS and XY move tutors to the Move Tutor PBS list. Haven't done TMs yet because that's more of an arbitrary thing to change compared to the move tutors.

I kept Iron Defense on Vullaby and Mandabuzz because they were valid in BW2's move tutors, as well as Porygon-Z keeping Wonder Room. Other than those, it should be accurate to Generation 6. I also have new Tutor moves like Shock Wave. Enjoy!

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Oh, and I don't mean to spam this up, but I didn't seem to find a Gen 6 moves.txt in here. I looked at the rest of the Pokemon Essentials thread and looked for "moves.txt" and couldn't find it. Is the file in here and I just didn't look hard enough?

Years
  • I'm trying to start up Essentials v15, with the changed PBS files and the Script.rxdata downloaded from Mediafire, but everytime I try starting up the Editor, I get smacked with this error:

Exception: RuntimeError
    File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 674, key Evolutions
    PANGORO,TypeDark,32

Compiler:1645:in `checkEnumField'
    Compiler:1679:in `csvEnumField!'
    Compiler:2381:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2370:in `each'
    Compiler:2370:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2368:in `loop'
    Compiler:2449:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2352:in `each'
    Compiler:2352:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2351:in `each'

I checked the PokemonEvolution script and it shows TypeDark as one of the Custom methods and all configured, but keeps popping up with the error once I start the External Editor.

When I try to playtest, I get this error:

Message: Field shiny is not a Boolean value (true, false, 1, 0)
    File PBS/trainers.txt, line 13
    ONIX,14,SITRUSBERRY,HEADSMASH,ROCKTHROW,RAGE,ROCKTOMB,0,M,,shiny,,20,,Rocky,,19

Compiler:211:in `csvBoolean!'
    Compiler:1460:in `pbCompileTrainers'
    Compiler:1414:in `each'
    Compiler:1414:in `pbCompileTrainers'
    Compiler:1391:in `loop'
    Compiler:1493:in `pbCompileTrainers'
    Compiler:3988:in `pbCompileAllData'
    Compiler:4106

I never updated my Essentials from a previous version, I'm just using v15 as is with these file changes so what do you think the issue is here?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • I am going to get this out of the way now.

The project is currently incomplete and has been configured for Pokémon Essentials v.14.

If you are wishing to use the current project files, you need to understand that you very well may encounter errors. It is best to wait until the project is complete and bug tested in its final iteration, before attempting to use them.

Years
  • I'm trying to start up Essentials v15, with the changed PBS files and the Script.rxdata downloaded from Mediafire, but everytime I try starting up the Editor, I get smacked with this error:

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 674, key Evolutions
    PANGORO,TypeDark,32

Compiler:1645:in `checkEnumField'
    Compiler:1679:in `csvEnumField!'
    Compiler:2381:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2370:in `each'
    Compiler:2370:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2368:in `loop'
    Compiler:2449:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2352:in `each'
    Compiler:2352:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2351:in `each'

I checked the PokemonEvolution script and it shows TypeDark as one of the Custom methods and all configured, but keeps popping up with the error once I start the External Editor.

When I try to playtest, I get this error:

I never updated my Essentials from a previous version, I'm just using v15 as is with these file changes so what do you think the issue is here?

The issue is that v15 literally came out yesterday. You've got v15 PBS files running on a v14 based script. I'm upgrading everything to v15, but it takes time.

Years

The issue is that v15 literally came out yesterday. You've got v15 PBS files running on a v14 based script. I'm upgrading everything to v15, but it takes time.

Oh, so if I was to run these on v14, then it would work normally?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2016
    Noted a small error in the Pokémon PBS file (listed on the first page) whilst working on sprite placement - namely the fact that Diancie is missing (despite Hoopa and Volcanion being in the PBS file). Additionally, the weight for Zygarde is incorrectly stated as 284.6 when it's actually 305.0. As such, I've thrown this together for Diancie:

Spoiler:

Back