• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2016
    Found an issue when attempting to playtest using the scripts - appears to relate to the compatibility (egg groups) section. If anyone could point me in the direction of which script this likely relates to, it would be much appreciated - I'd like to have a little look and see if I can make any edits so it functions correctly.

Spoiler:

Okay, scratch that...a lot of errors are now popping up with stuff so I'm going to just wait on this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    Venom Drench code

Here's Venom Drench, in case you guys don't have it:

Code:
    #Venom Drench
    class PokeBattle_Move_155 < PokeBattle_Move
      def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
        if opponent.status!=PBStatuses::POISON 
          @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} is unaffected!",opponent.pbThis))
          return -1
        if opponent.effects[PBEffects::Substitute]>0
          @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s attack missed!",attacker.pbThis))
          return -1
        end
        if opponent.pbTooLow?(PBStats::ATTACK) &&
           opponent.pbTooLow?(PBStats::SPATK)
          @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s stats won't go any lower!",opponent.pbThis))
          return -1
        end
        if opponent.pbOwnSide.effects[PBEffects::Mist]>0
          @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} is protected by Mist!",opponent.pbThis))
          return -1
        end
        if opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:CLEARBODY) ||
           opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:WHITESMOKE)
          @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} prevents stat loss!",opponent.pbThis,
             PBAbilities.getName(opponent.ability)))
          return -1
        end
        pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
        ret=-1; showanim=true
        if opponent.pbReduceStat(PBStats::ATTACK,1,false,showanim)
          ret=0; showanim=false
        end
        if opponent.pbReduceStat(PBStats::SPATK,1,false,showanim)
          ret=0; showanim=false
        end
        return ret
      end
    end

And the PBS (moves.txt):
    Code:
    631,VENOMDRENCH,Venom Drench,155,0,POISON,Status,0,00,0,bc, Opposing Pokémon are drenched in an odd poisonous liquid. This lowers the Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed stats of a poisoned target.

Posting this for the fourth time because I am a newb.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    I can't solve this error message (also appears with Tyrantrum, Aurorus, Pangoro)

Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Undefined value SYLVEON (expected one of: ["Unknown", "Happiness", "HappinessDay", "HappinessNight", "Level", "Trade", "TradeItem", "Item", "AttackGreater", "AtkDefEqual", "DefenseGreater", "Silcoon", "Cascoon", "Ninjask", "Shedinja", "Beauty", "ItemMale", "ItemFemale", "DayHoldItem", "NightHoldItem", "HasMove", "HasInParty", "LevelMale", "LevelFemale", "Location", "TradeSpecies", "Custom1", "Custom2", "Custom3", "Custom4", "Custom5", "Custom6", "Custom7"])
    File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 134, key Evolutions
    VAPOREON,Item,WATERSTONE,JOLTEON,Item,THUNDERSTONE,FLAREON,Item,FIRESTONE,LEAFEON,Location,28,GLACEON,Location,34,ESPEON,HappinessDay,UMBREON,HappinessNight,SYLVEON,HappinessMoveType,FAIRY

Compiler:1624:in `checkEnumField'
    Compiler:1639:in `csvEnumField!'
    Compiler:2322:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2314:in `each'
    Compiler:2314:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2312:in `loop'
    Compiler:2390:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2296:in `each'
    Compiler:2296:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2295:in `each'
    And in the case of Fletchinder compare this message
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Species name Fletchinder is greater than 10 characters long (section 662, PBS/pokemon.txt)
    Compiler:2377:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2314:in `each'
    Compiler:2314:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2312:in `loop'
    Compiler:2390:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2296:in `each'
    Compiler:2296:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2295:in `each'
    Compiler:2295:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2281:in `pbEachFileSection'

how do I fix them?

Years
  • I can't solve this error message (also appears with Tyrantrum, Aurorus, Pangoro)

And in the case of Fletchinder compare this message

how do I fix them?

Probably because you're using pbs files from this project with a vanilla essentials script. Please wait until the project is done to report errors like this, it is still a work in progress.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • Fletchinder name is too long (it's the first and the only pokémon having more than 10 characters in its name). And Essential design isn't planned for names above 10 characters if I'm right. Just rename it to Fletchindr (like Nintendo had to do for Feraligatr).

Years
  • Fletchinder name is too long (it's the first and the only pokémon having more than 10 characters in its name). And Essential design isn't planned for names above 10 characters if I'm right. Just rename it to Fletchindr (like Nintendo had to do for Feraligatr).

This was actually changed in vanilla v15, the limit is 20 now. He just downloaded the PBS files and stuck them in v14 expecting that to work.

Years
  • Couple screen shots of things I've been doing

Switch items between pokemon in your party
    Spoiler:

When doing trades, you can trade using pokemon in your PC
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Script Error

Hello Guys...
    Recently, while I was doing some battle testing, compare this error message:

PokeBattle_Move:302:in `pbTypeModifier'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2324:in `pbSuccessCheck'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2595:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2592:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2592:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2984:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2958:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2987:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3115:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3114:in `logonerr'

Help me Please!!!!!!! I am using the Version 14 with the elements from the add "6th Generation Project"...The problem appeared after I inserted a Gif too big (Mega Rayquaza) and by that time all positions are wrong even if I correct and the gif of my pokémon party are ruined....Thanks for all!!!!!!!

Years
  • Hello Guys...
    Recently, while I was doing some battle testing, compare this error message:

Help me Please!!!!!!! I am using the Version 14 with the elements from the add "6th Generation Project"...The problem appeared after I inserted a Gif too big (Mega Rayquaza) and by that time all positions are wrong even if I correct and the gif of my pokémon party are ruined....Thanks for all!!!!!!!

What does that line say for you? I haven't updated the mediafire link in a bit, waiting on 15.1 to make more progress. But I think I may have already fixed this bug. I don't believe it has anything to do with your gifs.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    and what do you advise me to do?
    I looked in the line 302 and compare this:
    #Flying Press. Add secondary move type modifier
    if @id==getID(PBMoves,:FLYINGPRESS)
    atype2=getConst(PBTypes,:FLYING)
    secondarymod_1=PBTypes.getEffectiveness(atype2,otype1)
    secondarymod_2=PBTypes.getEffectiveness(atype2,otype2)
    secondarymod_3=(otype3==nil)? 2 : PBTypes.getEffectiveness(atype2,otype3)
    else
    secondarymod_1=2
    secondarymod_2=2
    secondarymod_3=2
    end
    if isConst?(otype2,PBTypes,:FLYING) && opponent.effects[PBEffects::Roost]
    otype2=otype1
    end
    mod1=(PBTypes.getEffectiveness(atype,otype1)
    mod1=(mod1 * secondarymod_1)/2) ==============================>Line 302
    mod2=(otype1==otype2) ? 2 : PBTypes.getEffectiveness(atype,otype2)
    mod2=((mod2 * secondarymod_2)/2)
    mod3=(otype3==nil)? 1 : PBTypes.getEffectiveness(atype,otype3)
    mod3=((mod3 * secondarymod_3)/2)
    if opponent.hasWorkingItem(:RINGTARGET)
    mod1=2 if mod1==0
    mod2=2 if mod2==0
    mod3=2 if mod3==0
    end

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Very good!!!! Now the error is solved, but the Gif of my Pokémon party, during the battle, have ruined the whole animation...how so? how can I solve it?

Years
  • Very good!!!! Now the error is solved, but the Gif of my Pokémon party, during the battle, have ruined the whole animation...how so? how can I solve it?

I have no clue what you are asking about. Give me screen shots or reports or something. It'd also be nice to know if this is something to do with me, or it doesn't work in essentials in general.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    here's a screen!!! until it appeared the first problem (line 302), I have not had any problems ... now, even if I change the parameters, gives me all deformed and also the Pokémon opponent is in a position where it should be, despite has set the file Pokémon.txt
    dh64ad.png

Years
  • here's a screen!!! until it appeared the first problem (line 302), I have not had any problems ... now, even if I change the parameters, gives me all deformed and also the Pokémon opponent is in a position where it should be, despite has set the file Pokémon.txt
    dh64ad.png

Scratch what I said previously. The messed up gifs can be solved with the conversion tool, but I've rewritten some things to make regular gifs work correctly also, and will release this in the next update.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    perfect!!!!!! then anxiously await the next update! thanks for all!!!!!!!!!!

PS: when you release it? XD

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How to add exp reward after catching a pokémon

After the code:

Code:
              else
                pbStorePokemon(pokemon)
              end

Add 'pbGainEXP(true)'. Change line 'def pbGainEXP' into 'def pbGainEXP(caught=false)'. Change line 'if pbIsOpposing?(i) && @battlers.participants.length>0 && @battlers.isFainted?' into 'if pbIsOpposing?(i) && @battlers.participants.length>0 && (@battlers.isFainted? || (caught && @battlers.pokemon.ballused>0))'

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2018
    How to add exp reward after catching a pokémon

After the code:

Code:
              else
                pbStorePokemon(pokemon)
              end
    Add 'pbGainEXP(true)'. Change line 'def pbGainEXP' into 'def pbGainEXP(caught=false)'. Change line 'if pbIsOpposing?(i) && @battlers.participants.length>0 && @battlers.isFainted?' into 'if pbIsOpposing?(i) && @battlers.participants.length>0 && (@battlers.isFainted? || (caught && @battlers.pokemon.ballused>0))'

Didn't work, it goes in 'PokeBattle_Battle' right?

It tested it catching a Pokemon I already have with a master ball and nothing happens.

Back