• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PS3 vs. Xbox and Favorite Game

Which one is better?

• PS3

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • Xbox

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Both

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • As a product, the Xbox was probably better, but as a platform (which is what a console has and always will be to me) the PS3 takes the cake personally.

All the criticisms of the PS3 are valid, but at the end of the day it has exclusives significantly more suited to my tastes. Interestingly though, it has no "flagship" title equivelant to Halo.

While the Xbox' victory was deserved, it frustrates me when people don't understand L/R1/2/3 and I don't understand "bumper" and "trigger".

Favourite games would be Shadow of the colossus, Valkyria Chronicles and nostalgic PSOne classics.

As a product, the Xbox was probably better, but as a platform (which is what a console has and always will be to me) the PS3 takes the cake personally.

All the criticisms of the PS3 are valid, but at the end of the day it has exclusives significantly more suited to my tastes. Interestingly though, it has no "flagship" title equivelant to Halo.

While the Xbox' victory was deserved, it frustrates me when people don't understand L/R1/2/3 and I don't understand "bumper" and "trigger".

Favourite games would be Shadow of the colossus, Valkyria Chronicles and nostalgic PSOne classics.

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i'm a ps3 girl at heart. i've grown up playing playstation systems and i still have the original and ps2. in my opinion, the graphics are better and cheaper too.
    my favorite games are the uncharted series! i love nathan drake.

Years
  • I own lots of Sony products but I picked neither because in my opinion, PC is a much better gaming platform than either the PS3 or Xbox and there was a "neither" option. If I had the choice between the two, though, definitely PS3 because it's more suited to my needs than an Xbox 360. I think the 360 controller is better, though.

Infinite Latios

Champion
    Years
  • Playstation was originally going to be a Nintendo system, but in the same... event that caused the Philips CDI to come into existence, the Playstation became a Sony console because of it. I usually steer clear of anything relating to that blight upon gaming, AKA the CDI. I only even got an Xbox 360 to play Skyrim. I support Nintendo above either one, but now I'll have to get a PS4 because of Kingdom Hearts 3.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • I got a 360 in high school because it's what my friends had. Outside of exclusive titles, the two systems were more or less the same--similar capabilities, similar libraries, PS3 had a higher upfront cost and free online while the cheaper 360 had a recurring online subscription, etc.

In the end, it depends on the crowd you want to play with. Neither Sony nor Microsoft has done or will do something the other hasn't or won't quickly copy. I'm a PC guy myself.

Years
  • Playstation was originally going to be a Nintendo system, but in the same... event that caused the Philips CDI to come into existence, the Playstation became a Sony console because of it. I usually steer clear of anything relating to that blight upon gaming, AKA the CDI. I only even got an Xbox 360 to play Skyrim. I support Nintendo above either one, but now I'll have to get a PS4 because of Kingdom Hearts 3.

Oh god, the CD-i... Those Zelda and Mario cutscenes are downright demonic.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • I enjoy both systems. I got my 360 when it first came out, and fell in love with the Halo series (only Halo isn't so good anymore). Then all my friends ended up getting Xbox 360s so I just stuck with that. I think the 360 is better for online because Xbox LIVE (at the moment) has a much better online system. It's just easier to access your friends list, invite people to games, and most of all communicate. The lack of cross-game chat on PS3 is really disappointing.

However, PS3 gets A LOT of good games. The most recent blockbuster was The Last of Us. That game was a work of art (I'd expect nothing less from Naughty Dog). Uncharted, while it's not my cup of tea, was extremely popular as well. So PS3 gets my vote when it comes to single player games.

I'm really looking forward to both next generation systems. The games on both sides look promising and the PS4 addresses a lot of the issues the PS3 had, and Xbox One is bringing all of your entertainment to one location.

Also, if a game has a better single player experience on PC, I try to play on that. For example, Skyrim. The modding community for Skyrim is outstanding and easily adds hundreds of hours of content for free. Not to mention Steam has a ton of sales that make it easy to get great games at a cheaper price.

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I chose to get the PS3 over the Xbox 360, mostly because the PS3 has better exclusives (in my opinion) and I rather play online for free than pay. Though, there are some things I like about the Xbox 360 that the Playstation doesn't have. But I'm still on the PS3's side.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • There both have their ups and downs. I don't think one is better than the other. Although if i was going to buy one it would probably be the PS3.. Even though i enjoy playing games on the Xbox a lot more. The online is much better on Xbox Plus i like the controller much better then the PS3. As i believe actually having to pay for a membership "keeps the Rif Raf out" & games like Fable, or Halo are just a must to play. But the PS3 has in my opinions a lot more Pros then cons. Such as original controllers not needing batteries. The PlayStation exclusive games. Also F2P online is a really good things. The Blu-Ray is outstanding feature.

THERE BOTH GR8

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Console debates usually don't focus on the most important factors. There can be a lot of details that make one superior to the other, and although that could attract you to one side, it's not the type of thing you should be checking for to determine which you should be. To quickly answer your question, I'm a supporter of the Xbox 360 and have had one for two years now. I'd like to go a little more in depth than that, though.

When asking the question of PS3 or 360, the first thing I'd recommend looking at is the exclusives. If one console has a game that you've been dying to play, and it isn't available on the other console, you should probably go for that one. I wouldn't pick over only one exclusive, though. Make sure to thoroughly look through the lists of each console and figure out which one has a greater number of exciting games for you. It's a matter of preference, really, and that should be the most important factor in deciding between these two consoles.

Another thing you should consider whether you want to play online often or not. If it's the latter, then you can pretty much skip over this part, but if it's the former, than I'd heavily suggest checking with your friends. What console do they have? That should be a factor in picking your console, because you'd most likely want yours to be compatible with your buddies to be able to play online with them. If you don't care about your friends, then you should still research their online features and compare/contrast them to see which one you prefer.

Once all that's said and done, it will hopefully be easier to come to a conclusion. I've actually never had to much trouble with picking consoles myself once becoming fimilar with this method. As for my favorite Xbox game, the non-exclusive Rayman Origins has kept me entertained since the minute I bought it, which I think qualifies it as my favorite game at the moment.

Sir Servine

Who wants poffins? :3
    Years
  • Servine. (Xbox 360.)

Servine Ser, Servine Servine Vine Vine Ser Vine. Vine Ser Ser Servine Ser. Servine, Servine Ser Ser Servine Vine, Ser Ser Servine. Servine Vine, Servine Vine Vine Ser Ser Servine Vine Servine Vine. (Out of the two, I prefer the Xbox mostly due to the exclusives. None of PlayStation's offerings interest me. In fact, the only exclusive I want is Metal Gear Solid 4, and that's a third party game. Not to mention, I've heard PlayStation 3 ports for multi platform games tend to suffer from more bugs/slowdown than other versions.)

Back