• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PSone Classics] Your Favorite Piece Of Nostalgia?

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
  • Apologies if something like this has already been posted...

Greetings all!
    I made this thread to discuss the following question:
    "What is your favorite PSone classic?"

To start things off, I would have to say that my favorite is Brave Fencer Musashi by SquareSoft (now Square Enix). I remember having the demo version of this game, until I sold off my PlayStation (still regret that). Up until recently, I bought it off eBay.

Now, fellow posters, what are your favorites?

Years
  • Croc 2, Crash Team Racing. They're the ones that stand out to me. Especially Crash Team Racing. Every game after it was a mess, which was quite ironic, given they were on better hardware.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • My favorite PSOne classics:

Digimon World
    Final Fantasy IX
    Galerians
    Gekido
    Legend of Dragoon
    Metal Gear Solid

I don't have a #1 PSOne favorite title because almost all of the PSOne classics are such amazing games. Even today, some of the best games are on the PSOne.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Final Fantasy VII
    Crash Bandicoot 1-3
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
    Rayman
    Digimon World
    Digimon Rumble Arena

Those games rocked my childhood; at least until I got a PS2.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • When I was younger my next neighbour had a PS1. We must have spent half our childhood on that thing. We played everything from Toy Story to Spiderman to Gran Tourismo to Tekken.
    But the one that stands out the most is Crash Bandicoot. The very first one. We took turns trying to beat a level, swapping when we died. We had written down all the level codes to get back to them and then one day his cleaner threw them out. My god we raged. That game was the funnest game I'd ever played and it is easily a classic in my mind.

Years
  • Croc 2, Crash Team Racing. They're the ones that stand out to me. Especially Crash Team Racing. Every game after it was a mess, which was quite ironic, given they were on better hardware.

Ah yes, those games will always be remembered in my memories.

I remember when I had a friend help me unlock all the extra stuff in CTR after downloading it off a memory card.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Wow! Nice to see some people still enjoy the good ol' classics! I do remember playing CTR, as well as Crash Badicoot: Warped. Final Fantasy VII was another I played, along with Toy Story and Gran Turismo. There were a few others, but I can't quite recall them...

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • There's so many to choose from for the PS1 back when the games were still at a decent price that you could afford to get 3 at a time. I think Crash Bandicoot 2, Crash Team Racing and Spyro Year of The Dragon are definitely on my top list. I really like Final Fantasy IX but I wouldn't put it on this list since I wasn't a big fan of those RPG games back when I was a kid.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • Ahh, the PS1. 'Twas my very first home console.
    The games I loved when I still played it would probably be...
    The Spyro and Crash games, Digimon World 1 and 3, Aladdin, Crash Team Racing, Chocobo Racing, Chocobo's Dungeon, DDR: Disney Mix and Tony Hawks. Yeah, I have a couple of odd games in there, but I loved them all nonetheless! xD;

Years
  • Digimon Rumble Arena
    Digimon World 3 (In case you wonder why not DW1, I never saw it until a year or so ago)
    NFS Hot Pursuit
    The first three Spyros
    Yu Gi Oh: Forbidden Memories

My favorite out of these? I don't know, but the one I and my friends spent the most time with was probably Spyro 3 - Year of the Dragon.

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    Metal Gear Solid
    Resident Evil
    Final Fantasy Chronicles (Namely Final Fantasy IV, because the Playstation version of Chrono Trigger is my least favorite version due to loading times >_>)
    Grandia
    Chocobo Racing
    Mr. Driller

I haven't owned any Playstation games until I was in a gap between 8th Grade and 9th Grade (I was a Nintendo Kid back then.)

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • As a matter of fact, one of them I remember, now that you mention it, WAS Spyro: Year of the Dragon. And, oh yeah, my first home console was a PS1 as well! I loved using Materia in FFVII, so I bought Crisis Core for the PSP. Mr. Driller was another. That was a fun arcade style game. I don't remember what game it was, might've been Metal Gear Solid, but I remember being able to fire a guided rocket at these weird crystal-like targets. I dunno if they're the same, but another was crawling around through narrow hallways, avoiding guards who could spot you with their flashlights. Oh, lastly, there was another, where you piloted a huge mech-type robot that fought other robots within the far reaches of space. You could blow up satellites, if my memory isn't playing tricks on me...

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Never played the PSX during the era it was relevant, but I do own quite a bit of games now from collecting (mostly RPGs)

Chrono Cross and Tactics Ogre would probably be the two games I enjoyed the most from that console.

Last edited:

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Yeah, I collect a lot of older RPGs as well. Can't beat the classics. However, during the time I owned my PS1, I mostly owned demo discs. The only REAL games I had for it was Jade Cocoon: Story Of The Tamamayu, Twisted Metal 4, and Monopoly.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Crash Team Racing was amazing. It's the only PS1 game I managed to keep when Mum donated the rest to the Womens' Refuge for some reason (along with the damn system itself). So that was definitely my favourite, but I played Need For Speed: High Stakes a lot too. I loved the Hot Pursuit mode in that game, even though I was terrible at catching the criminals. I was just like SPIKE STRIP SPIKE STRIP OH GOD HQ WHY WON'T YOU GIVE ME A SPIKE STRIP.

I think I had a Spyro game which was pretty mint as well. And I never got into the main series Crash Bandicoot games, somehow. They just weren't as cool somehow, though on the occasions I did play them they seemed okay. Gameplay was good, but the story was boring.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • Crash Bandicoot, Pyro the Dragon, Tekken, Jurassic Park, Musashi, Final Fantasy, Boshido Blade, and memories go one, love PS1. And I still have the system but...need the major cords and find the games I used to have but yeeaa memories.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • My favs old classics?

Digimon World 2 (PS1)
    Raiden DX (PS1)
    G-Darius (PS1)
    Final Fight 3 (SNES)
    Parasite Eve (PS1)
    Marvel Vs. Capcom (PS1)
    Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
    Final Fantasy VIII (PS1)

I have a PSX emulator so I can still play Digimon World 2 and Raiden DX. I still have some of the actual games...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • The Oddworld games were my absolute favorite on PS1. I don't own the digital versions because I still have my original discs and memory card, but anyone who hasn't played them needs to. Puzzle platforming perfection with a great side of dark humor.

Back