• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Psp

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    PSP in that 'value pack' is $250
    Not in the bundle is $180

Currently you can only buy the value pack in America. Spiderman will only be included for the first million units sold. The $300+ amount is for a bundle in Canada which includes a hockey game.

Dark Sora

Banned
    Years
    PSP #468 (mines) So I got the Spiderman 2 movie. It's near the perfect handheld, to me. Graphics are great. The sound is good, but can be a little better for the movies. When I was watching Spiderman 2 on it, it sounded pretty low. And I had the volme at it's highest. But for the games, the sounds are perfect. The demo that comes with the PSP can be better. The only good thing about it, was the music videos on it. You cant even play the game demos. Also the movie previews on it suck XD

When I played Spiderman 2 (the game), it was pretty easy to control. Better then the one for PS2. But at first, I thought the analog stick was the speaker XD. So I didnt know how to move around, for the first minute or so XD

Pretty easy to get fingerprints on it. But it come with a cloth to wipe it with.

So, other than the fingerprint thing and the volume thing, PSP is perfect! XD

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Dark Sora said:
    So, other than the fingerprint thing and the volume thing, PSP is perfect! XD
    Try scratching it though... it's fingerprint-prone but scratch resistant because of the material they chose. NDS chose the other way.

The complaint I have about the PSP is the analouge stick's placement. It was directly under the directional buttons, and a little too far from them. I think they should have moved the directional buttons over left a couple millimeters and the analouge stick up and right a few millimeters. It would feel alot more 'natural'(to the playstation enthusiast) imo.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Brittany said:
    PSP in that 'value pack' is $250
    Not in the bundle is $180

Currently you can only buy the value pack in America. Spiderman will only be included for the first million units sold. The $300+ amount is for a bundle in Canada which includes a hockey game.
    Do you have any idea when the PSP will come out of the bundle? I can afford $180. :D

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    I am definately impressed by what the PSP can do. I think I'll wait until the price goes down significantly before I purchase it.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    awkwardsilencer said:
    its available not in bundles ....i work at walmart and we have them for 250...so dont be saying its only in bundles dude...cuz u got no clue what your talking bout.
    $250 is Sony's bundle's price. That's why they say 'value pack' and not 'standard'. Funny that you run in here trying to refute someone while being rude, and you're the one who's wrong.

At the moment, the value pack is all that is being sold in America, so he was right. In the near future, I think it will be sold alone once again, which is when I'll waste my money on it, because I really don't care for any of those extras, especially when I'll be buying a memory card with much more space, 2GB, or possibly even more if they have a higher end memory card by then.

Casual Billy

Wargreymon: Miracle Mega
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    Hey all! I just stopped by to say that I got a PSP on the 25th and have barely put it down since! I did get the bundle with all those extras and I didn't mind that much because some of them are nice to have. The memory stick was definitely essential too. I have been playing Ridge Racer for like forever and I am impressed with the graphics, the analog stick controls very well (IMO), and the battery life...I got about 5:10 while playing that game with level 3 brightness and sound 2/3rds up. That's fine.

Well finally, I love this system and am glad I waited to buy it rather than impulse-buying a DS for Christmas and then regretting it. Pick it up if you can!

Casual Billy

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    If you really want to know, go to gamespot or ign to read some reviews because all I can tell you for sure is the games that I like. I like wait, I love Ridge Racer, I want Darkstalkers, Coded Arms, Armored Core (formula frong), the Final Fantasy 7 spin-off, Tales of Eternia, Spiderman 2, Twisted Metal:head on, and Wipeout Pure got really great reviews from everyone.

Casual Billy

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    Hey, if you like sports....There are ten EA sports titles already out for PSP ranging from Hockey to Basketball to Golf. They've got Football and Baseball too.

Dark Sora

Banned
    Years
    Spiderman 2 is great, but it's extremely short, so dont get it unless you never get tired of play the game over and over again XD Metal Gear Acid, Twisted Metal, and Gretzky are the three best PSP games, IMO. So If you're going to get PSP, I advise you get those games. Though Twisted Metal is kinda short too, it has online play, so you can never get tired of play the game over and over again. Same with Metal Gear Acid and Gretzky

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Well I though I would post here since I now got a PSP. XD

I got mine the 8th of April and I got Twisted Metal: Head On for it. And I must say (and this is from one of them so called "Nintendo Fanboys") the PSP is better then the DS. I love the two screens of the DS (it can be one large screen if you think about it) and the touch screen. But the PSP can play moives, I downloaded a few songs to it, the graphics are great. And most of all, I got a game for it. XD
    Right now that I got both, if I had to pick one or the other then I would pick the PSP (but I still love my DS, I just like the PSP better XD).

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    I have a PSP, and I found it 100000x better than the DS, really. I also managed to find a way to put videos on my PSP , and I found a Wipeout Pure Web Browsing glitch (awesome!) I learned how to from a couple of sites, I plan to make a thread for them.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Hmm, someone asked for a good game? Get Untold Legends; it's constantly reffered to as the 'Diablo II' of PSP, and even though that definition is a little off, it's still a great game. Turn on the WLAN switch and play multiplayer with up to four players, and you can build teams with specific attributes with your friends.

Get Wipeout Pure for web browsing on the go, and you're pretty set for a while. As for myself, I'm just hoping for an update for the web browsing rather than buying the game, but it's really whatever floats your boat. A neighbor of mine has a wireless internet connection in his home(which I've been leeching off for a while), and surprisingly, I can get a 20% signal strength around 1/2 a mile from his house! O.O

Truthfully, I'd reccomend a good quality memory card rather than a second game though. If you get PSPVideo9(just make a search), it makes transferring movies to a memory card fairly simple, and by tweaking the settings a bit, you can fit two or three decent quality movies on a memory card with enough music for some songs. In my opinion, the $95 you'll pay on a 512MB memory stick pro duo is worth way more than two extra games for PSP.

If you wait until the 2GB memory stick is widely distributed around the USA, the prices for the 512MB and 1GB memory sticks will probably drop dramatically, so you might want to wait it out for now though.

I have no trouble seeing PSP replacing iPods and other gaming handhelds in the near future. Incase you don't know, the PSP's performance is even higher than what we see now. It's a widely known fact amoung PSP fan people(well, not really)that even though they've listed their CPU speed at 333Mhz, it's been underclocked to 222Mhz. Why? Probably battery life, which means when Sony releases a higher quality battery pack(which they have stated to be working on), we might see the full potential of the PSP unleashed in the near future.

With PSP on the market now, it has been a struggle for retailers to sell their NDSs, and in the near future, when PSP at it's prime, I have no idea what retailers will do about the DS. And that isn't even a rant; thats a fact. Even while PSP hasn't been able to reach it's demand, it's still outselling DS weekly. Bluntly, that means for the majority of the population, when a PSP isn't in the store to sell, they won't settle for a DS in the meantime, no matter how many of their systems are in. How much furthermore after PSP gets it's little upgrade? They could make a UMD or use it's wireless connection to make this large update, so it's a very large possibility. EBgames is giving away promotions already for DS trade-ins, and offers like $30 off a DS when you buy it with a game.

Sony really should have made a larger-capacity battery pack though. It seemed kinda risky for them to enter the market with such a low level of quality on such an important feature. Whatever.

Oh yeah, Darklink. That's not a browsing 'glitch' really...

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Brittany said:
    Oh yeah, Darklink. That's not a browsing 'glitch' really...

Actually, I don't think Wipeout Pure's makers actually made that feature for us to actually use, I think it may have been an update they were waiting to have us download or somthing, yet there is a way, so it is still a glitch, sorta.

Back