• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Psp

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Brittany said:
    Oh yeah Andy, 512 will hold one high quality movie with some space left over, or about two decent quality ones. I advise you to wait two or three months before buying one though, the prices will probably drop dramatically, as the 1GB High Speed and 2GB High Speed memory stick pro duos see more distribution. I just returned my 512 about an hour ago.
    I would get a 1 gig if they wasn't so much (my mom would freak out with my buying something that costs over $150 dollars and it's smaller then the face of my watch). But I think you said the 1 gig and 512 will go down on price once the 2 gig comes out.

And yes I will be waiting at least 3 months before I can get 512 (I still have to pay off my PSP XD). XD

Brittany said:
    Already released, but they have barely any in local retail stores. I think it'll be a month before they get on the shelves.

The lowest price I've seen for one of them is $349 though. Because of the little file managment system on the MSDuos though, they actually hold about 1.8GB.

Oh yes, 1GB ones actually hold about .9GB, and 512MB ones hold about 460MB
    $350 dollars? That's really good to know. *Strikes the 2gig off the list of things to get*. XD

This might sound like a n00b question but since I am no the computer type here is the n00b question.
    Why does a 512MB stick only hold 460MB? (I though it was kind of funny that my 32MB only had 30MB on it when nothing was on the card)

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    $350 dollars? That's really good to know. *Strikes the 2gig off the list of things to get*. XD

This might sound like a n00b question but since I am no the computer type here is the n00b question.
    Why does a 512MB stick only hold 460MB? (I though it was kind of funny that my 32MB only had 30MB on it when nothing was on the card)
    It's not a n00b question. The memory cards use up some of the memory with file storage data, to format the memory card and stuff. Truthfully, I think it doesn't really require .2GB off of a memory card though, I think Sony is milking it for what it *isn't* worth. Still, it's quite a bit of space though.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Brittany said:
    It's not a n00b question. The memory cards use up some of the memory with file storage data, to format the memory card and stuff. Truthfully, I think it doesn't really require .2GB off of a memory card though, I think Sony is milking it for what it *isn't* worth. Still, it's quite a bit of space though.
    Sure it isn't a n00b question. XD
    It's to bad they couldn't just add more to the card. like it says a 512MB, but it takes 52 away to format the card and stuff. So they add 52 more MB to it to fill in that space (but then it most likely be larger then 52MB to format it and stuff).
    Thanks Brit.

ravenstorture

Banned
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    Sure it isn't a n00b question. XD
    It's to bad they couldn't just add more to the card. like it says a 512MB, but it takes 52 away to format the card and stuff. So they add 52 more MB to it to fill in that space (but then it most likely be larger then 52MB to format it and stuff).
    Thanks Brit.

Then it would be a 564MB card, and then once formatted it would go to 512MB and people would be asking the same question you just asked. They would get mad because they would want to know where their 52MB went. Then you are in the same spot you are in right now. :)

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    OR they could just put the full size and usable size next to eachother on the front of the package, instead of putting the actual usable size in size 1 font on the back of the package in a color almost the same as it's background O.O XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    PiroMunkie said:
    Then it would be a 564MB card, and then once formatted it would go to 512MB and people would be asking the same question you just asked. They would get mad because they would want to know where their 52MB went. Then you are in the same spot you are in right now. :)
    Not if the card is marked 512MB. See no one will know it's really a 564MB card, everyone will see a 512 and when they look at a blank card it's 512MB. XD

ravenstorture

Banned
    Years
    Brittany said:
    I'll paint a pretty picture for you Andy =P

*realizes I am off topic*
    PSP ownzors teh DS!!!
    *realizes that was spam*
    Argh >.>

XD, but it is true. Oh, and my two friends got the DS whenever it came out, and they thought it was so much better than the PSp would be, and then the PSP came out and they got one and now they are 100% behind the PSP. XD

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    PiroMunkie said:
    XD, but it is true. Oh, and my two friends got the DS whenever it came out, and they thought it was so much better than the PSp would be, and then the PSP came out and they got one and now they are 100% behind the PSP. XD
    Just think about all of the homebrewed apps for PSP coming though. We might even see Pictochat, and programs like paint =P *wonders if Windows 98 will be ported* XD

I'll bet you anything Linux will eventially get ported to PSP in the future, they're got that OS working on everything, even iPods!

ravenstorture

Banned
    Years
    Brittany said:
    Just think about all of the homebrewed apps for PSP coming though. We might even see Pictochat, and programs like paint =P *wonders if Windows 98 will be ported* XD

I'll bet you anything Linux will eventially get ported to PSP in the future, they're got that OS working on everything, even iPods!

Paint would be cool. What is Linux?

Back