• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Psp

Wario Man

Fear me, losers!
    Years
    Hello all, it's me again
    well, me and my stepdad just bought a PSP today, and we're wondering what we're in for. (it's really his but he says he'll let me play it.)
    and yeas we've tried te flying UMD trick, it doesn't do it because the discs are protected by a clear casing so it's like sticking in a cartridge with a disk inside of it.

Phantom2

Ampharos King
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 8, 2005
    My uncle is going to get a PSP so I'm waiting for him to get it so I can see it.
    I might get it though. Not really sure.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    I want to get it, but I'm low on funds. From what I've seen, it's better than the DS.

Bay-kun

<That's me Oo
    Years
    I think I would consider getting one if I had the money, but I'm assuming that they are gonna make you buy tons of other junk for the good stuff. =/

Btw, what really surprised me is that around here, stores still have tons of them left. OO

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Well I'll be getting one once I get my money back up (I bought a new PSTwo about a week ago).
    But how much does one cost? Isn't it like $250 for a PSP, 32 MB Memory Stick, headphones, battery, a case, Spider-Man 2 movie, and some kind of demo disk?
    Or is it more then $250? O_o

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Arcanine said:
    Well I'll be getting one once I get my money back up (I bought a new PSTwo about a week ago).
    But how much does one cost? Isn't it like $250 for a PSP, 32 MB Memory Stick, headphones, battery, a case, Spider-Man 2 movie, and some kind of demo disk?
    Or is it more then $250? O_o
    I've found on the internet that you can buy the PSP without the bundle. PSP with the bundle cost at least $375.96. PSP without the bundle cost $249. Don't know if you can buy the PSP without the bundle in retail stores. :\

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Kip-kip said:
    I've found on the internet that you can buy the PSP without the bundle. PSP with the bundle cost at least $375.96. PSP without the bundle cost $249. Don't know if you can buy the PSP without the bundle in retail stores. :\
    Well the stuff I listed up there is the basic bundle pack (you can't just buy the PSP and only get that), the stuff that comes right out of the box. That's what it said when I read it from a few sites.
    Places like Wal-Mart, ToysRUs and Target sells packs with games and Madcatz stuff too (that is like ones that cost 3, 4 or 5 hundred dollars).

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Shinin said:
    Sony made a bad move by making it only available in bundle packs.
    Actually, that was a very smart move. Would you rather buy the PSP alone then buy all the other stuff you need and probally ending up paying more money or would you want to buy everything at once for a probally lesser price?

Years
    its available not in bundles ....i work at walmart and we have them for 250...so dont be saying its only in bundles dude...cuz u got no clue what your talking bout.

MystiKal

from the mouths of babes
    Years
    Well I got my PSP yesterday and I must say I love it, Spider Man 2 looks so great on it. I hope today too go and get some more games, I love the graphics on this thing.

ArchAngel

I also answer to &amp;quot;Hey sexy&amp;quot;
    Years
    I want one bad. I got like... sony fever or something.
    I'm gonna trade in like every game I don't play, if i can't sell them well, i'll try ebay, i've seenthe graphics & games, it looks amazing.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    The PSP value pack in Canada is $299.99, which is very hard to findnow that the PSP is out. People are mostly getting the "Gretzky" pack which is $349.99...... not pocket change XD.

But I'll eventually get one by the summer at least.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    awkwardsilencer said:
    its available not in bundles ....i work at walmart and we have them for 250...so dont be saying its only in bundles dude...cuz u got no clue what your talking bout.
    Well poping in this thread and saying
    "so dont be saying its only in bundles dude...cuz u got no clue what your talking bout."
    Because it's not nice (aka rude, and I've been down the road where "I work at so and so, so you better believe me because I know better").
    And yes that is a bundle pack. From what I've read at GameSpot or IGN the PSP will have a bundle pack and a non bundle pack.
    The bundle pack comes with a 32 MB Memory Stick that is at least 25 or 30 dollars.
    Headphones, them are 15 or 20 dollars
    And a case, I would say that is around 15 dollars.
    For right now I think they are only selling the bundle pack that comes with all that stuff.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I saw my uncle this weekend. He has DS and PSP. I asked him which he likes better. He just got his PSP like two days ago so he's in a PSP high right now, but he still gave a reasonable answer of "It's better than I thought it would be." And then he didn't really give me a direct answer, just "The screen is better, if anything"

So, I gave it one round in whatever the name of the racing game that comes with it is. I don't like the analog stick at all. I ended up using the control pad. I'd have much rather used a wrist strap on a touch screen than that tiny analog stick.

The graphics, by far the best on a portable. Not PS2 quality at all, I don't think but an improvement over the DS.

He just showed me clip from Spider-Man 2 to demonstrate the screen's clarity. I wasn't impressed. I don't care at all that it can play movies. Portable DVD players have a bigger screen. DVDs have all those extras. Why would a company want to put their film on two formats, when one isn't as widely used. VHS is already almost totally gone. Why would someone buy a movie twice, when they can buy it once and use a portable DVD player?

I like the memory stick idea. Nice if you're just playing someone's game, progress in it, then decide you want to buy it for yourself.

But...I wasn't all that impressed. Nothing special. Just a handheld. I'll stick with my DS.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2005
    Originally, I was completely for DS, and then I saw the graphics on the PSP, and I considered it. This was only because of all the stuff it claimed. Originally, I thought you could directly transfer onto the UMD disks which have each 1.8 GB Data. This would be nice, but that doesn't work. You have to buy these expensive Memory Sticks. A 1GB one retails for $200. Unless you're watching some kind of terrible-quality videos, you can't fit many TV episodes, maybe 4 or 5? Not even a full movie. Also, the battery life for movies is reportedly a little over two hours. That's all. And for game time, an average of five hours. Also, hot ****, the games cost $50. That eats up money like crazy: 5 Games DS vs. 3 Games PSP. And 10 Games DS vs. 6 games PSP...etc.
    That's why I finally decided on a DS. I have Super Mario 64 DS, and plan on getting Metroid Prime: Hunters and Pokemon Diamond. The main reason I got a DS was actually for the Pokemon game. I've gotten atleast one from each generation. I don't plan on breaking this tradition.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    The PSP isnn't out yet here in Aus.I don't know if i'll get it because it will cost more because of different money values and things like that.But my Dad says the Ds And The psp will have a Price war and lower their prices.well that's what i hope.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Happy Dude said:
    The PSP isnn't out yet here in Aus.I don't know if i'll get it because it will cost more because of different money values and things like that.But my Dad says the Ds And The psp will have a Price war and lower their prices.well that's what i hope.
    The price war won't happen for maybe a year (that or the end of the year). The PSP just came out and the DS is still fairly new. So it will be some time till the prices drop.

Back