• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*PUSHES to be 1st* - How competitive are you?

How competitive are you?

• Total voters

Craig²

H a p p y☆
Years
  • I'm pretty competitive.

I hate the idea of someone being better than me at something, even if it's quite evident that they are better at whatever it is I'm competing with them against or for. In competitive academic situations, I'm automatically pushed into the compeition by whoever is on my team. In athletic competitive situations I'll do my best and push my body to its limits, and I'll gladly get injured for the sake of winning. I shudder to think of anyone beating me at anything, even though I know perfectly well that many people are better than me at certain things. I suppose I'm just, well- like that.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • I can accept lost, but I hate losing. Which usually tends to contradict my lazyness. D: Depending on what it is, so I'll say playing basketball in this case, I'll begin playing without much effort and just kind of toying with the other player (1 on 1) but if I notice their about to take the lead or I'm about to lose, then my subconciousness and my will to not lose kicks in. With that, to me its like a special andrenoline rush, and I'll like... become so serious and do things as perfectly as I can and usually end up winning. You might be laughing at the "Super andrenoline" thing I said, but its quite true... last yeat if I were normally jump up and try and touch the rim, I'd be a few inches short, with normal andrenoline, I might be an inch or two closer. However, one game last year, I got completely into that 'beast' mode, and I was guarding the guy who was inbounding the basketball (5 on 5) and I smashed the ball back right at him about 3 times in a row before he successfully got it by me (and usually its incredibly easy to inbound on me, haha), also a bit later in the game, one of their guys was taking a shoot a few feet inside the corner 3-point line and I was around the elbow 3-point line, and I took like, one step (so I was still far away) and I jumped up to ~ the height where my wrist would have been at the rim and just nik'd the bottom of the basketball. Fuinny thing is, the ball fell way short of the basket, not ebcause I nk'd it, but because he knew I was jumping to block it, so he had to shoot it extra high, but he forgot to add on the extra 'umph' to get it the extra foot. XD

So yes, I absolutly hate losing, well, my subconciousness does anyways. ;D

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
  • I simply do my best and if I didn't win then I didn't deserve to.
    So I'm competitive but I don't mind losing to someone better than me.

But I hate losing if it's going to embarrass me in any way.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I enjoy to win. I get very competitive. I went bowling last saturday night. They were doing competition were you had to get strikes in a row to win some alcohol. I won it second try. It went to a tie breaker but was no way i was losing.

But for things that are just for fun I always put everything into winning. But don't mind if I lose.

PsyDragon Trainer

PokéPro?
    Years
  • Most of the time I gotta be #1 in everything, which can lead to me being jealous, starting a fight (about mostly nothing) etc... In Pokémon I wanted to be the best as well, but I learned the just are better players in the world, which is obvious.

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
  • Most of the time I gotta be #1 in everything, which can lead to me being jealous, starting a fight (about mostly nothing) etc... In Pokémon I wanted to be the best as well, but I learned the just are better players in the world, which is obvious.

One of the reason you kept hunting me down when you lost to me then you pwned me the next time XD

I guess Im pretty competitive I hate being the good ol #2 or 3 but hey if you lose to someone you have to show your sportsmanship and try to be better next time, Im the type who does it by strategy XD

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Meh...there is no reason for me to be competitive in anything really. I suck at every sport xP

Yeah, I'm not lazy, but I really don't see a reason to be competitive, well in my case.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I'm competetive when I face off with meh arch enemy at school(still lookin for one)

I'm not competetive... its a long - sad story...

Okay Okay there isn't a story... D:

Radikaru

moonrose
    Years
  • Not at all. I'll let other people win easily before I even try to make a shot at doing anything to win.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    I'm very competitive, I take it a bit farther than just sports but I don't have to be the best in everything.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    I'm...kinda competative, although I don't get pissed off about losing something like some other people I know o_O

In terms of sports...I just do my best at whetever I can, and if I lose, that's my own problem. There's no reason to get mad at anyone else about my own personal loss =/

But most of the time..I don't really try too hard at anything athletic unless I absolutely have to xD

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I'm competitive but mostly when it comes to sports. Sometimes I don't want to do a race in case I lose lol. But that's just silly so I just go for it. I have to win. I loved the last time I played something in PE cuz I didn't lose once.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I love to win. Who doesn't? :\ But, like some others have said, I don't get pissed if I don't unless someone constantly tortures me about it.

Years
  • I hate losing, but I accept it when I´m not the best.
    Well, in Sport I´m very competitive >.> I have to have the best results and when I lose in something (lucky for me that it´s not often) I´m very angry and could cry.

But in other things it actually doesn´t matter to me, if I lose or not. I´ll try to do the best and that´s it.

Back