• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Python Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years

• Update.

Roster View.

Ooka has given me another excellent PSD design! ( Thank you! ). When I got it, I decided to re-factor a little bit of code in the bg as well. Now the RosterView and SummaryView will have access to all the same information. ( Meaning, you use the left/right keys to change between pokemon while in an individual view -- up/down will scroll the information kinda like a web-page ).

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years

• Update.

Code Re-Structure Time!

Well, I decided to remove map-rendering for the time-being. Why? It introduced terrible terrible code into my program design and broke my object modals. Until the menu is completely functional, I'm not going to worry about map-rendering. Once I have that stuff done, rendering maps should be easier, and I will feel better about myself. (:

If Ooka or TrackerXNinjaX would whip up a bag design, that would be terrific! Same resolution, and preferably try to match a similar theme with the Roster View. Consistency in design is a good thing. If you have better icons for the menu ( 32x32 ) those are also welcome. Feedback? Did anybody else notice the icons rotating? :3

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    I've been watching this for some time, and would like to let you know that this looks awesome. I have never used python, but this might inspire me to. Awesome work. I'd love to see where this goes

Lake Rodary

Novice Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2012
    Um if you're still looking for help, I can help with ideas and beta testing. Also, I'm going to be learning coding, so, if it's ok, I'd like to observe the coding process.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • Well, a beta tester would be good, actually. Sometimes there are bugs that I miss, and not spending the time looking for them myself would be nice.
    Have you installed TortoiseSVN? If not, do so.
    Next, create a folder somewhere convenient to access.
    Right click -> SVN Checkout
    A dialog box should appear.
    Under the "URL of repository"
    paste this url: http://fm-py-pk.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
    Push "okay" and you will begin downloading the current source.
    Anytime you see me post an update up here,
    right click the folder->SVN Update
    *Warning* There are TONS of files for Pokemon data, sprites, etc. It WILL take a while to download everything.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2014
    This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I'm a Pokemon lover and an active Python user. I don't know how advanced the coding is, but if it isn't too complicated, I'd be happy to help. I can't wait to see more!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Given this thread had been dead for two years before you revived it, I imagine this project is long since dead.

Thread closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back