• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quantity or Quality Posts

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    But I think that sometimes one-liners can mean more than one whole paragraph of writing. x_x; Some people just blabber on and on... And after you read their post you're like, "What are you talking about? o.O" Sometimes one-liners are words of wisdom. XD

I also hate when people make grammer mistakes, the most mistake I see is when people confuse, or type wrong, your and you're It really confuses people. @_@ And I've seen Collage students make this mistake. As for myself, well, back in the good ol' days, I used to type my post on Work and spellcheck it before I post. ;P But now it just takes too much time. Wouldn't it be cool if PC has it's own built in spell checker? ^_~;;

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Miyu-chan said:
    But I think that sometimes one-liners can mean more than one whole paragraph of writing. x_x; Some people just blabber on and on... And after you read their post you're like, "What are you talking about? o.O" Sometimes one-liners are words of wisdom. XD

I also hate when people make grammer mistakes, the most mistake I see is when people confuse, or type wrong, your and you're It really confuses people. @_@ And I've seen Collage students make this mistake. As for myself, well, back in the good ol' days, I used to type my post on Work and spellcheck it before I post. ;P But now it just takes too much time. Wouldn't it be cool if PC has it's own built in spell checker? ^_~;;
    Lol that would make a big difference in a lot of people's posts...

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2011
    Quality, every time. A post doesn't have to be three paragraphs long to be considered quality. For example, reading paragraphs of peoples' thoughts on issues like foreign politics when its clear they don't have the slightest idea what they're talking about is nothing more than annoying, no matter how much they've typed.

Gr8Person62

I do stuff.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2003
    We all know your posts are quality, StarCalibur.
    I also have to agree with you there. Those have been my thoughts to it also. It's not about how much you've written, nor is it about how well you wrote it. It's about the understanding of the topic in question, and how well you compile your thoughts into usefull data that others can work from keep a conversation going.

You don't want to waste your time reading useless stuff, I can put so much time into a post, and at the end of the day, it's just utter ranting... However, you can put no time into a post, but your post will still have meaning because you know that what your saying is important. Thas what make a post "Not Useless". If you had a good reason to post, and reply to what someone else said, or make a good point/suggestion, then thats a good reason to post.

You should also take into account that some people are younger (or should I say, less mature) than others, and some arn't fluent with the English language. Once again, making their posts seem useless. Even though at most times thats not the case, as they don't know how to use the right syntax/vocabulary to make their post seem more "Intelligent".
    Intelligence is another factor in quality posting..

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Gr8Person62 said:
    We all know your posts are quality, StarCalibur.
    I also have to agree with you there. Those have been my thoughts to it also. It's not about how much you've written, nor is it about how well you wrote it. It's about the understanding of the topic in question, and how well you compile your thoughts into usefull data that others can work from keep a conversation going.

You don't want to waste your time reading useless stuff, I can put so much time into a post, and at the end of the day, it's just utter ranting... However, you can put no time into a post, but your post will still have meaning because you know that what your saying is important. Thas what make a post "Not Useless". If you had a good reason to post, and reply to what someone else said, or make a good point/suggestion, then thats a good reason to post.

You should also take into account that some people are younger (or should I say, less mature) than others, and some arn't fluent with the English language. Once again, making their posts seem useless. Even though at most times thats not the case, as they don't know how to use the right syntax/vocabulary to make their post seem more "Intelligent".
    Intelligence is another factor in quality posting..

Agreed, and StarCaliber actually sets an example worth following. >.>

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • I really think that Post Quality is much more important. Like i learned from Kairi , They Make your posts Legnthy and Makes them Stand out more. Post Number is just a number that goes up everytime you make a post ^^. Its nothing more that a Number !

But really , Sometimes when your Bored post Number isnt somthing that just goes up by itself , you have to make the effort with those posts^^.

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
  • Dizzy said:
    What do you believe in

Quality -
    Intelegent , smart , and usaully popular posts

Quantity - Fast , Short and Sweet Posts ........

I believe in both but quality makes more sense

Quantity posts are likely to get you banned while Quality posts may make you highly respected therefore, I recommend quality posts.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • Like this senerio:

Jimmy has joined PC. His posts is like Hello, Yes, No, Maybe, Don't Know. He got 500 posts in one day.

Is that a possiblity that he will get banned? Yes! Because he is posting quanity and a reply has to be over 4 words.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Quality posts are best.One who posts little, but makes those posts count, is a better poster than someone who posts a lot, but hardly helps the topic along.

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
  • Haruka said:
    Like this senerio:

Jimmy has joined PC. His posts is like Hello, Yes, No, Maybe, Don't Know. He got 500 posts in one day.

Is that a possiblity that he will get banned? Yes! Because he is posting quanity and a reply has to be over 4 words.

It is impossible to state a specific amount of words that posts must have in order to not be considered spam. It varies based on the contents of the post. You could have a 500 word post that is really the word "spam" repeated 500 times. That doesn't make it quality, it makes it spam.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Actually, take a look at my post count after this post...

Deleteing your own posts takes them from your post count.

Doctor Itsy

I'm back!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 12, 2004
    Dizzy said:
    What do you believe in

Quality -
    Intelegent , smart , and usaully popular posts

Quantity - Fast , Short and Sweet Posts ........

I believe in both but quality makes more sense
    Oh really, than maybe you should stop making all those quantitive posts about your TAN HOUSE huh?

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2003
    At least some people are honest and admit that they enjoy increasing their postcount and quality posts are not always a top priority. Others seem to be fooling themselves into thinking their posts of a higher quality than they really are. I personally do not care about the number of posts I have, and I regularly avoid topics in which one line posts are the norm.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • i enjoy both. That's why i post in "the one above" :P
    I'll have to say... there are "legal" spots for you to "spam" in PC... *coughtheoneabovecough*

but sometimes i hop into great discussions too... like Pokemon incorrect types... it's a 2vs1 arguement with me being the one :P In discussions/arguements like that you need big lengthy posts to help you "argue out" the stuff with great knowledge... those makes quality posts. Quality posts do not have to be long (like copy and pasting the word SPAM 500 times is long but it's not quality post). As long as the post provoke thinking, evoke new thoughts and gives you new understanding/new look on the topic/issue, then it's a quality posts... even if it's one word. Who knows, that one word maybe the key to all solution.

Gr8Person62

I do stuff.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2003
    Honestly, I don't mind having a high post count. It's something to work for. I always try to keep myself in the top 20 Posters.. Thats not a cime is it? You all know I'm a good poster. Really, do I ever post rubbish? No! I'm a good poster (If I try to be). Even though I do try to aim to get a lot of posts, I never put the quality factor out of the way. The post count is just.. "Something". It just exists, so I make a use out of it. I don't even mind having a low post count either. It's *cough*Popularity*coughneverthoughti'dsaythatcoughcough** that matters.. Well, actually, respect too.
    "Thy shalt respect all existing Gr8PersonSixtyTie"
    ~God once said.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Yeah. *coughtheoneabovecough* was banned from another forum I was on because it's just plain SPAM <---useless posts. But I still post there, and I feel the same way as frostweaver. n_n;;;

Back