• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

Years
    What's the hardest time you've had catching a wild Pokémon?

I'm not gonna mention any legendary Pokémon for this, that would be too easy to mention. And i'm sure i've had ones more difficult than what i'm about to mention, so i'll just name one in recent times. There was a wild Trubbish that I came across in Black on Route 5 while I was doing a Nuzlocke, one where I was only allowing regular Poké Balls to catch Pokémon. The darn thing took me nearly ten minutes to catch. It had a Black Sludge and was using Stockpile, and Swallow as well, so trying to get it to a good range of throwing a Poké Ball got arduous. And what's more, I didn't even end up using it. Later in the game I came to a Sawk on Route 18, but that turned out to be less of a hassle because I had two Pokémon capable of taking Fighting-types without any trouble, and it only took five minutes. When you only have regular Poké Balls, things aren't always simple.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Wrong thread Cathy :P I'll quote it here for you so everyone can see the question.

(Yikes, what a huge derp on my part that was -_- I need to be more careful when I have 6 different tabs open at once. Thanks for catching that, DraconianWing!)

Lots of legendaries mentioned here, because of course, that catch rate of 3 is brutal. I'm gonna do what Pendraflare did though and choose a non-legendary Pokemon: once when I was trying to catch a Skarmory (one of my favorite Pokes) in HeartGold, I went through about 10 Ultra Balls, somewhere around 20 Great Balls, and like 15 minutes before I finally got it to stay in the ball. I know Skarmory has a relatively low catch rate, and I didn't paralyze it or anything (just brought it down to low health), but it still shouldn't have been that difficult.

As for legendaries, Deoxys in OR was the hardest catch. Between his recovering and the fact that he was at a higher level than most of my team, I had a really hard time. In fact, I gave up and never even caught it. Thankfully I get another try in my AS playthrough ^^

Also...Question of the Day is now part of the Pokemon Gaming Month event! For every 3 questions you answer, you'll earn 15 points toward PGM!

Happy posting ;3

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023

I remember spending a good part of an hour throwing Pokeballs at Suicune in HG/SS but it kept breaking free despite both a status condition and low HP. I think I ran out of pokeballs at one point though so I ended up resetting and chucking my Master Ball at it. I'd say it was worth!

I thnk the most trouble I've had catching a non-legendary pokemon would be Eevee in OR/AS? I had way too high-leveled Pokemon so I spent the whole battle throwing pokeballs and mashing A in hopes that it'd help. It must have been 5 or 6 minutes later that I finally got it but at least it wasn't as bad as Suicune. :]

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

I remember spending a good part of an hour throwing Pokeballs at Suicune in HG/SS but it kept breaking free despite both a status condition and low HP. I think I ran out of pokeballs at one point though so I ended up resetting and chucking my Master Ball at it. I'd say it was worth!

I thnk the most trouble I've had catching a non-legendary pokemon would be Eevee in OR/AS? I had way too high-leveled Pokemon so I spent the whole battle throwing pokeballs and mashing A in hopes that it'd help. It must have been 5 or 6 minutes later that I finally got it but at least it wasn't as bad as Suicune. :]

I remember having a tough time with Suicune too--in both Crystal and in HeartGold. I got it eventually, but it took me quite a few tries haha.

Question of the Day

If you could only ever play one Pokemon game again, which would it be and why?

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    This question is ridiculously hard >~< After a lot of thought, I'd have to say HeartGold :P Johto is where I began my journey and it's where I'd like to end it :P HeartGold over Gold for better graphics and a larger choice xD

Years

It would be the entire 5th Gen, but even if I had to choose one from that it would be Black & White. The plot was the most epic to have ever come out of a main series game, it always kept me on the edge when I was playing.

Years
    The same as Hika, but I would instead choose BW2. Not only did the sequels expand upon the plot, they also added a lot of stuff to the region that made the game well-worth replaying. New towns, increased diversity of Pokemon, plenty of move tutors, PWT... They have new content that satisfies both the casual and the competitive player. I prefer the 5th Gen Pokemon sprites over the 6th Gen ones as well.

With that being said, BW2 doesn't come close to the originals when it comes to the story. Otherwise, it's a perfect Pokemon game in my eyes.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Question of the Day

Any Hoenn region based game. Love that region so much.~

pkmin3033

I'd probably choose Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. I'd miss the Friend Areas, but there are a lot more Pokemon to grab, and I'd actually be able to get all of them, which has always been a huge plus to me in the Mystery Dungeon series. Experience tells me it'd take about three times longer to complete it as well, so I wouldn't get quite so bored as quickly. As wonderful as HeartGold is, it's missing Pokemon, and with DS Wifi services down there's no way to get them other than to trade between versions...which I obviously can't do if I can only play one version, haha.

Reactions: Sun

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Hoen, it just brings good memories of it.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

Black 2 because I'll be able to fight every gym leader and champion anyway. Also because I really like it.

Years

Oooooh, good one. But i'd have to go with Black 2 and White 2, if I can choose paired versions. No matter how much I play through it, I never get tired of it, it has so much to offer in both the main game and the post-game too. But if I can't choose paired versions, White 2, as I like White Kyurem and most other exclusives more.

itsSacred

Sly and Strong like a Blaziken
    Years

If I had to choose one, I think I would go with Pokemon X/Y. I enjoyed playing the game and would 100% replay it over and over again.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I'd also go with Black/White 2. There's so much to do in that game, it's given me the most replay value out of any game to date ^^ And like Laguna said, you can battle every gym leader and champion from games previous in the PWT, which I've always found to be the coolest thing!

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

Wow that is so hard to choose. I think I would pick ORAS because there is a lot to do in the game and a lot of Pokemon to capture. I think that I would make sure I had my living dex ready before choosing to play only one game forever. ;)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

Wow that is so hard to choose. I think I would pick ORAS because there is a lot to do in the game and a lot of Pokemon to capture. I think that I would make sure I had my living dex ready before choosing to play only one game forever. ;)

ORAS doe give you a lot to do! Such a wide variety of Pokemon to catch, and Hoenn is huge! ORAS might actually be my second choice ^^

Question of the Day

Have you ever run out of PP and had to use Struggle during a battle?

Years

Yes, I have. I can't remember the last time I did, but it's been a thing before. Sometimes when I run out of PP for a move that I have a Choice item for, but yes, I have had to use Struggle before.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

Hahaha yes. I don't remember what happened exactly, but I was battling Juan in Emerald and somehow one of my mon ended up Struggling? And I was so confused; that was the first time I had ever encountered that haha I didn't know that would happen.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    The last time that happened to me was when I tried to beat a Lvl 60? Metapod in Viridian Forest in HeartGold with my low level Zubat. I ran out of Wing Attacks :P

Back