• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Isn't the recharge turn a huge pain in a butt though? o: I Love how strong Hyper Beam is, but I'm way too impatient to wait a turn to recharge each time haha
    When they brought back the original SFX for Hyper Beam in XY, I lost it.

I'll listen to that all day :D

Years
    Question of the Day

What's a move (or moves) that you'd say you rely the most heavily on in-game?​
    I'd say Fly is my number one. It's just so useful because it gets me to any town or city without sweat. Also a decent Flying move in-game, but I rarely use it since it's a two turn move :P

I find myself using Earthquake a lot in battle. A lot of physical sweepers are able to learn it, and it's very reliable in terms of power, accuracy, and type coverage. Of course, there is a downside in having no effect on Flying and levitating Pokemon, but that's what other moves are for. For defensive-oriented 'mons, Toxic and Protect make a nasty combination, so I may use them in conjunction with each other as well.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    When they brought back the original SFX for Hyper Beam in XY, I lost it.

I'll listen to that all day :D

True. I did like that they brought back the old school sound effects for some of the moves (Hyper Beam, Psychic, Aurora Beam, and possibly others that I didn't even realize xD)

I'd say Fly is my number one. It's just so useful because it gets me to any town or city without sweat. Also a decent Flying move in-game, but I rarely use it since it's a two turn move :P

I find myself using Earthquake a lot in battle. A lot of physical sweepers are able to learn it, and it's very reliable in terms of power, accuracy, and type coverage. Of course, there is a downside in having no effect on Flying and levitating Pokemon, but that's what other moves are for. For defensive-oriented 'mons, Toxic and Protect make a nasty combination, so I may use them in conjunction with each other as well.

Oh wow, I didn't even think about moves that are useful outside of battle. Yea, Fly is a big one! Surf is another one that's important in the games--can't get through the game without it haha~

Question of the Day

If you could start your adventure in a different town or city other than the standard starting towns, which would you choose?​

VisualJae

Years
    If you could start your adventure in a different town or city other than the standard starting towns, which would you choose?

Kanto - Celadon City - Seems like economically stable environment :P But actually I like the town for its background music, which I feel is highly representative of the city's "fun" atmosphere.
    Johto - Goldenrod City - I've lived my whole life in New York. I opt for Goldenrod over the other "massive cities" (even Castelia, which is based off NYC) because it feels like a cozier environment despite the population density. Also one train ride away from Kanto.
    Hoenn - Lavaridge City - The nearby Mt. Chimney poses an issue, but I'll think the hot springs outweigh the threat by a slight margin.
    Sinnoh - Hearthome City - For the sheer coziness of it all.
    Unova - Nimbasa City - It was a toss-up between Nimbasa and Castelia (for the reason listed for Goldenrod), but I'm a huge entertainment buff and Nimbasa has it all for me. Castelia seems a little too dark of a city for me.
    Kalos - Lumiose City - Big city, lights, sounds, entertainment, shops, home sweet home for a yuppie like me.

Basically I lean either total warm, friendly and cozy (with a respectable population size) or all-out big bustling city.

Years
    Question of the Day

If you could start your adventure in a different town or city other than the standard starting towns, which would you choose?​
    Kanto - Fuchsia City. The Safari Zone is in your hometown, giving more variety with what Pokemon you can catch after starting. Your Pokemon will level up quickly because of how many trainers are present at both Route 13 and the cycling road.
    Johto - Blackthorn City. It's revolved around Dragons, so chances are you get to have one as a starter :D For some reason, something about the remoteness of the place draws me to it as well. It seems to have that mystical feel to it due to how disciplined the trainers from Blackthorn are with their Pokemon.
    Hoenn - Verdanturf Town. It's very similar to Littleroot, but as easy access to different cities either through Rusturf Tunnel or Route 117. This way, the trainer can pick which path to take first when s/he begins their journey through the region.
    Sinnoh - I haven't played any of the Sinnoh games, so I can't really come up with anything :P
    Unova - Humilau City. It's my favorite place in Unova; a very lively place beside an ocean. Undella Town is a short walk away, so that's pretty cool too.
    Kalos - Anistar City. It's a city with very interesting lore because of the mystery surrounding the sundial.

pkmin3033

If you could start your adventure in a different town or city other than the standard starting towns, which would you choose?

Kanto - Lavender Town. Because it's creepy. It's also in a great location that could allow you to go to any one of four Gyms and work your way around the region from there. Plus...seeing the spirits of Pokemon. Perhaps one of them could inspire you to become a Pokemon Trainer, maybe starting with a Cubone that lost its mother?

Johto - Mahogany Town. They could expand on the whole Lake of Rage operation as a result of starting here; perhaps it could be the event that would inspire you to become a trainer? Team Rocket always seemed a bit of a distant threat in the second gen up to the point they hijacked the radio tower in Goldenrod City, so it'd be nice to see them become a bit more prominent. Since they made their HQ here, they'd be a pretty overt threat.

Hoenn
    - Dewford Town. It's at a convenient middle point, so it'd be nice to be able to explore either way in Hoenn. Are you going to go and tackle your dad in Petalburg, or perhaps go the other way to Slateport instead? I have to admit I almost picked Fortree for Hoenn because it's a wonderfully designed place, but it doesn't offer that same freedom of choice Dewford could.

Sinnoh - Celestic Town, for it's connection to Sinnoh myths and old-timey ways. It'd be nice to start in such a quaint little town and then slowly work your way up towards civilisation, and it'd make the plot with Team Galactic far more of a personal thing, given the close proximity of the Celestic Ruins and the knowledge your character would have of Dialga/Palkia from the start.

Unova
    - No matter where I start in Unova, I'm not going to think the place is any better, so it really doesn't matter in this case. I don't care. xD

Kalos - Starting in Lumiose would be best, I think...it's the only location in Kalos that's particularly noteworthy, to be honest. Being a city kid venturing out into the wilderness would be a pretty interesting perspective for Pokemon to take, as well.

Years

Kalos: I think I go with anistar city.The city has boutique and the most important mega ring upgrade by which player can find mega stone.

Unova: Same here anything goes.I can start game in any city.

Sinnoh: Eterna city I just like it.

Hoenn:Ever Grande City there is something about this city it always attracted me. plus to be so near to Pokemon league is another fun.

Jhoto: Goldenrod city is one of my favourite city. Starting journey here means department store , game corner and many other things.

Kanto: I just want to go with flow in this region so pallet town is best for this .

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

Fortree City, because I can catch me an Absol to be my bestest friend forever. Also because treehouses are cool and stuff.

VisualJae

Years
    Fortree City, because I can catch me an Absol to be my bestest friend forever. Also because treehouses are cool and stuff.
    No fire starter for you then!

...It's the only reason why I didn't pick Fortree for Hoenn. Too much risk involved.

Then again, you're conveniently in Absol territory. I guess you can pick a fire starter, threaten to set the city ablaze and hope a few Absols come running in to warn the townspeople.

You... planned this out, didn't you?

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

...It's the only reason why I didn't pick Fortree for Hoenn. Too much risk involved.

Then again, you're conveniently in Absol territory. I guess you can pick a fire starter, threaten to set the city ablaze and hope a few Absols come running in to warn the townspeople.

Pffft, I'd take Treecko over Torchic any day. I don't need to set the city on fire.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

What a plan...I hope you have a Kyogre on standby to summon up some rain when you're finished? :P

Here are my choices:

Kanto: I actually like Pallet Town as a starting town. It's a nice little place, so Pallet Town it is.

Johto: Blackthorn City has sort of a special place in my heart because I've actually been to the city that it's based on, and it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Also Dragons :3

Hoenn: Dewford Town, because I'd like to start my journey with a Mawile.

Sinnoh: Sunyshore Town, because it's such a nice, peaceful looking place, and I've always thought the elevated walkways were really cool.

Unova: Driftveil, because it has such a wide variety of different types of Pokemon in the areas surrounding it--there's the cold storage to the south, and there's some grasslands and caves to the north.

Kalos: Couriway Town, because I love that waterfall, and it's nearby a train station, so I could easily travel to another region and start my journey there as well.

Years
    kanto-Yeah I too love Pallet town as it is my home(*wink wink*) in many pokemon journeys!

Johto-Charicific valley cause charizard's!Hoping to get one from the most feared dragon in the world

Hoenn-Mosdeep city.Cause of Steven and so a chance to get a metagross as gift.If it wasnt for town/cities I would have had chosen one of the numerous secret bases that are there.

SInnoh-Sunyshore city.I like peaceful places

Unova-I love Aspertia city.Due to the mountains and the view of whole unova(fig.of speech lol)

Kalos-sigh never got to play anything from xy!rip

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

Kanto - Having played though Kanto countless times, I actually think Pallet Town is the most appropriate. But if I had to choose an alternative, it'd be Fuchsia City.

Johto - Azalea Town because there's so much to do here when starting out.

Hoenn - Petalburg City because it'd be interesting to see if the player lived at the gym. Kind of like the anime, but without the sibling. Or you could add the sibling.

Sinnoh - Jubilife City because I think it'd be interesting to see the player start in a large city, versus in a tiny town. Change it up a bit.

Unova - Mistralton City because I like airplanes.

Kalos - Lumiose City because there's a lot to do and it's a huge city!

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    What's a move (or moves) that you'd say you rely on the most heavily in-game?
    While I don't like HMs, I use Surf extremely often. Other moves include Flamethrower, Close Combat, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Psychic and the other accurate moves that do around 100 damage xD

I'd love to start out in any of the major cities! It'd be a nice change from starting out in a small village and we could have the option of traveling in any direction and following whatever path you chose :P

VisualJae

Years
    Which gym leader would you most prefer to travel with on a Pokemon journey?

Hmmmmmmmmmm... God, this is difficult.

If I want to bro it up with one, I'd probably pick Blue. It's odd. But I can imagine getting along with him somehow.

If I want someone I can stare at, I'd probably pick Skyla. I don't understand what she's wearing.

Years
    Question of the Day

Which gym leader would you most prefer to travel with on a Pokemon journey?​
    Jasmine, probably. Her Steel-types complement Dragons quite well by covering the latter's weaknesses, useful in tag battles. Jasmine is calm and quiet as well, so I think getting along with her would not be a problem.

Brycen wouldn't make a bad companion either. He has years of experience and deep knowledge about both battling and Pokemon, which would be helpful with pretty much everything. He's also heavily disciplined, which could aid in keeping shape for Gym Challenges and Pokemon Leagues.

pkmin3033

Which gym leader would you most prefer to travel with on a Pokemon journey?

Jasmine. I think I'd get on fairly well with Jasmine; she's shy and I'm reticent, so there would be a lot of silence on the road, but it wouldn't be too uncomfortable after that initial period where we'd have no idea what to expect of one another. She doesn't have someone trying to force her to talk, and I don't have someone talking my ear off whether I answer or not. It works out nicely. Jasmine is also one of the few Gym Leaders who I think would actually be quite adventurous as well; I mean, she DOES end up in Sinnoh, so there's a core of steel (haha) under that shy persona that could make for an interesting companion.

There are other reasons, but I don't need to go into those, right? *coughs awkwardly*

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Question of the Day

Fortree City/Lilycove City/Slateport City/Petalburg City/Sootopolis City - Yes, yes, yes I love the Hoenn region so much.
    Humilau City/Lacunosa Town/Castelia City/Nacrene City/Mistralton City - The beach, the atmosphere, the city, the artistic air, the airport. <3
    Cherrygrove City - Wait, is that even a city? o_O Regardless, I still love it as it's near the beach. :)
    Sandgem Town - Exact the same reason as the Cherrygrove.
    Cyllage City - A seaside city, I love the bike racecourse a lot as well!
    Oh and they are also biased picks on the OSTs, hahaha.

Question of the Day

Which gym leader would you most prefer to travel with on a Pokemon journey?​
    Marlon, Cilan, Flannery, Roxanne, Brawly, Misty, Gardenia, Maylene, Candice, Roark, Volkner, Elesa, Skyla, Viola, Iris, Winona. Hmmmm, yes I'm greedy.~

Back