• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    What Pokemon do you have the most duplicates of in your PC?

On my copy of Pearl I have about 30 copies of Jirachi from back in my cheating days, seconded probably by Regice. These days it would probably be the ungodly amount of Skitty I have sitting around on my copy of either AS or OR (can't remember which). I love the things, and for some reason I just had to catch as many as I saw.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    On X, I have a ton of Squirtles. I decided I wanted a shiny one, and, well...it took a while. I don't really like releasing them, and wonder trading them takes forever, so right now, they're piling up on Bank (where I'm unfortunately running low on storage). I should do something about them at some point, but I've been telling myself that for months. We'll see when I get around to getting rid of more of them.

On other games, I tend to have a lot of Dittos (for breeding), and if I decide to catch the Unown set, that's almost a full box right there (though those are not identical). I also have a lot of Vivillon on X (male and female for each pattern).

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Haha, releasing them all when you've gathered up so many can be tedious. Sometimes I'll release them as I go, but when I'm feeling lazy I just drop them all in the Pokemon Bank haha

Question of the Day

What's your proudest achievement in a Pokemon game so far?​

pkmin3033

What's your proudest achievement in a Pokemon game so far?

Probably fully competing Explorers of Sky, because damn, some of those dungeons...it was much, much more challenging than doing a mothership title. It required a lot more perseverance and patience to recruit the Legendaries and, whilst I enjoyed Blue Rescue Team a lot more - and struggled more with Celebi and Deoxys and Mew in that one - more Pokemon to recruit = more time spent on it.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

Probably fully competing Explorers of Sky, because damn, some of those dungeons...it was much, much more challenging than doing a mothership title. It required a lot more perseverance and patience to recruit the Legendaries and, whilst I enjoyed Blue Rescue Team a lot more - and struggled more with Celebi and Deoxys and Mew in that one - more Pokemon to recruit = more time spent on it.

Nice! That's one of the PMD games I still haven't played, but I'd really like to now that I'm hearing the dungeons are challenging. I can totally see a PMD taking a bit more effort than the main series, simply because some of those dungeons can get really long.

None.

Really? Not even beating the Elite Four for the first time? Catching a legendary? Getting a shiny? :c

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

How about having 13 shinies in the same game? Because I have 13 shinies in the same game.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    What Pokemon do you have the most duplicates of in your PC?
    Snivy. It took me a total of 13 game hours to breed the Snivy that I wanted and it resulted in me having three full boxes of nothing but Snivy, It was so frustrating but once I had the one I wanted, I felt it was rather worth it :)

Completely building two competitive teams in Omega Ruby for the first time in my life. I've visited Showdown here and there for a quite a while and I finally built a team (two, actually) in a game and it felt pretty good! xD

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Question of the Day

Battle facility related achievement, completing Pokedex and collecting ribbons. Most importantly, I'm still enjoying Pokemon after all these years. :')

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years

My proudest achievement in a main series Pokemon game is training 10+ boxes full of competitive Pokemon. It took an entire summer iirc, but it was worth it because in the end I had rows upon rows of Lv50+ perfect IV and EV-trained Pokemon. They're all sitting in my OR PC right now :-]

My proudest achievement in a side game is catching Entei on my first try in the first Pokemon Ranger, haha. It was hard as hell and I was stuck on that task for a good hour or so. The fact that I didn't give up after my first few attempts is surprising; that capture was just ridiculous. People who started playing Pokemon Ranger with the 2nd game do not know the horrors of catching Pokemon without picking up your stylus..., *shudders*

ElCabron

Su Cabronito!
    Years

Well. When I got some decent IVs on my Gastly. But it was +Atk nature with -Sp. Def. Of course I'm way too lazy to re-do the whole thing, so I decided to train my Gastly with said nature and also ev trained it with attack points. Yes, dumb. But the guy was kinda cool and packed kinda a punch with the elemental punches and the shadow ball to deal with physical walls. To be honest, I love this aspect of ev training. Instead of making something stupidly good in what's good already, you made it decent or good on what it's bad. Of course, exclusively for in-game purposes. And I love to do it.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years

Hmm. Hard to say. I got a 100+ win streak in Diamond's Battle Tower, completed the Dex in Pokemon Blue, Silver, Diamond and White. Those are the ones that stick out. Honestly, the most difficult one had to be the original 151 as options were highly limited back then without cheating.

Years
    Beating Red for the first time in Silver.

Currently in HG: Getting Mewtwo without the Master ball (Used a Dusk ball), and finding a shiny Chansey.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2015
    Question of the Day

Answer: Probably beating the champion single handedly with only one Pokemon in my team, but that's ancient enough for it to not be quite 'pride' anymore. Closer to 'a good memory' than 'pride' to be fair.

Years
    Question of the Day

My first level 100 (was either Swampert or Salamence in one of the RSE games). Of course, it's something that players can do today without breaking a sweat, but it was something I'll never ever forget, the feeling of maxing out the level of a Pokemon for the first time. :)

Years

Defeating Lance's Dragonite trio in HG/SS with just a Miltank knowing Strength, Attract, Milk Drink and one other move I can't remember. Most of my team couldn't stand up to an Outrage but her great defenses and impressive luck with Attract helped her pull me through that tough fight.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Awesome achievements!

I'd have to say my proudest achievement is having caught 3 shinies in 6th gen (2 were caught in Y, one was caught in OR). It seems weird calling this an achievement, since this isn't something I achieved, and was more a matter of luck :P But still, for some reason it feels like an achievement, having obtained something so rare and hard to get.

Also, beating the Tower Tycoon Palmer in HeartGold was a pretty proud moment for me, because I kept getting a good winning streak, and then losing the very last battle leading up to him. When I finally got to him, I beat him on my first try haha

Years
    What's your proudest achievement in a Pokémon game so far?

Since i'm primarily a challenger, I think I would have to say going through lots of Nuzlocke and Wedlocke challenges. Of every battle that i've had so far, I think the most intense of them all would have to be my fight against Cyrus in Platinum, which was a disastrous battle where his Gyarados single-handedly destroyed three of my Pokémon - my Golem and Dustox who I had since the beginning of the game without a single scratch, and then OHKO'ing my Lopunny with a critical hit, and then I thought for sure that it was about to sweep my team. My Staraptor finished it but then it died to his Honchkrow. I lost four Pokémon in that fight, but holy damn was it something else.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024

Either finding a shiny in Platinum (a Pelipper) or actually managing to beat Platinum with a team of unevolved Pokémon. Another thing I'm proud of is managing to beat the Black Tower in Black 2 (Emboar carried my team).

Back