• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    It...varies for me, honestly. Depending on a number of factors, there may sometimes be a gap between my Pokes' levels, but I try my best to keep them even. My starter is often my powerhouse in the beginning, but I do my best to make sure my other Pokemon get some attention too.

Question of the Day

Which Pokemon game have you spent the most time playing?​

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Do you tend to have one MVP powerhouse on your team, or do you like to keep your team balanced?

I try to keep my team as balanced as possible since I've found it's easier to win with a variation of good Pokémon.

Which Pokemon game have you spent the most time playing?

FireRed hands down, most likely since it's the oldest Pokémon game I own and for some reason I just keep getting drawn to it.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years

I played Pokemon Silver a lot. But I no longer have the original cartridge so I really don't know how many hours I've logged on it.

I've spent substantial time on Pokemon Diamond (IIRC upward of 600 hours) and it was the first core series game since Pokemon Blue where I completed the Pokedex.

Recently I've spent more time on Omega Ruby. In terms of replaying, it's probably XY. I own both copies and both are on the third and fourth playthroughs respectively.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    The most hours logged would have to be either Diamond or X (both are around 450 hours, I believe). However, with Diamond, I had a tendency to put my DS down while it was still on and fall asleep, so my total playtime probably wasn't quite that high. I've gotten really into breeding on X (haven't done much lately, though), and that has added a lot to my timer.

It's strange, because I feel like I spent more time on Gold (257 hours when it died, I believe) and Red (hard to track because I restarted my save multiple times, but I think it was still significantly less than X and Diamond). I guess the in-person social element made those games seem like a bigger deal. I also feel like I've spent a ton of time training on LG (around 350 hours, I think; I've done very little breeding there, so that's probably the game with the most battling/training time).

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Probably Y since it get me addicted

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years

I think that would have to be either X or HG. I like both of those games.

Years

A tie between X, Black and Black 2 (before it corrupted). There was always something great about them, but the latter two in particular because I'm a Unova girl 4 lyfe

Years

The longest i've had on one save was my Pearl version, which I think had 440 hours. And I did play quite a bit of DP back before Platinum was a thing, but I don't remember exactly how long it was. If you want to get really technical, between all my playthroughs of Black 2 and White 2, i've documented over 875 hours between every play of that i've done, and that's without the times i've reset the game while trying to breed in White 2 or going for natures with legendaries (my main White 2, which I got shortly after release, has 403 hours). And with XY i've logged at least 734 hours between all my adventures there (380 hours on my main copy).

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

Probably Diamond because I just really enjoyed the Sinnoh region. I still do so I hope one day we get to see it in some form in the future.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Pokemon Y for me, because of the ungodly amount of time I've spent breeding and team building in it. My first save file had ~443 hours at the time I reset it, and the second one currently has around ~168-ish hours clocked.

Question of the Day

Are there any Pokemon games you've started playing, but haven't finished?​

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Probably Pokemon Gold (in terms of finding the maximum amount of Pokemon in the game without trading), and it took 60+ hours so far. If it's in terms of the main games, it'll be either Pokemon HeartGold or Black 2. For HeartGold I just caught the ones I needed and if I did it like what I did with Black 2 (where I just catch any Pokemon I wanted) it would probably be as long as Black 2.

EDIT: Checked my games. HeartGold surprisingly took longer than Black 2. Probably due to the Janine grinding there.

Are there any Pokemon games you've started playing, but haven't finished?
    I've already finished the main games from Gens 1 to 5, so I think Explorers of Time is the only one which I haven't finished yet. Too bad I'm still focused on a ROM hack I'm playing.

CatAlert

[Insert User Title]
    Years
    I still have not found the time to finish Pearl, but I am hoping I will get a chance soon enough.

Then there is Shuffle, which I barely started, but I probably am never going to have either the time or energy to finish all those puzzles in that game...

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018

I've restarted my X version a few times but I've fully completed the game on like 4 separate occasions, with each of my playthroughs being 100+ hrs so I think I've spent the most time on X version. Pearl would be a definite close second though, I know I have 500+ hours in one save file.

Gates to Infinity is the only Pokémon game I don't think I ever finished - not counting the 'mobile' games like Shuffle and Trozei.

Years

All my Sinnoh games. It seems to always be the one region I want to try and finish, but the story gets so long that I often leave the games unfinished every single time I play them.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

Gen 5. I technically finished Black, but I just used level 100 even Pokemon to beat the E4. I should go back some day and revisit the Unova region with a fresh mind and a better attitude.

Years

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs. That one I didn't get all that far into nor did I ever learn about the mechanics of summoning there. Other than that, i've beaten Gates to Infinity exactly once, and finished every main series game multiple times.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    I'm currently trying to finish three different games that I've gotten halfway through but just can't seem to power through. Pokemon Diamond, Black and PMD Explorers of Darkness. I've already beaten them all a couple of times but just can't seem to finish these new runs and i really want to as I'm trying out different teams than i normally do with them.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I finished all of them currently expect shuffle.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Are there any Pokémon games you've started playing, but haven't finished?
    The only game I could think of right now is BW2. I might get around to finishing it some day, but I'm not completely sure.

Years
    Are there any Pokémon games you've started playing, but haven't finished?

Platinum. I played until the first rival battle a few weeks ago in an emulator, but dropped it in favor of a 493 Patch (which I couldn't figure out how to apply onto the rom).

Back