• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Are there any Pokémon games you've started playing, but haven't finished?

Any dumb overrated Gen3 game. Rumble World. I guess I personnally find it to be kind of boring, and of course, thanks to Nuzzing, I probably will never finish it. Gen3 is stupid

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    For me, it would be Platinum. And I'd use the term "started" loosely, since I only got to the point where you pick a starter. So I've technically never even played a Sinnoh game.

Gen3 is stupid

So you don't play any romhacks then? Since practically every romhack is based on 3rd gen :P

Question of the Day

What's the hardest Mystery Dungeon you've encountered in a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game?​

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    What's the hardest Mystery Dungeon you've encountered in a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game?

Bottomless Sea from the Explorers series was so hard, although I think that may have been because I played as a Vulpix... The Zero Island dungeons were so hard, too!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    So you don't play any romhacks then? Since practically every romhack is based on 3rd gen :P
    Oh **** you went there.

What's the hardest Mystery Dungeon you've encountered in a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game?
    Possibly the Unown dungeon from explorers, I giess it's hard to get all the stones I guess.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I couldn't remember the dungeon that proven to be difficult, but at one point certain story areas are really difficult to overcome.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023

The final boss in Explorers of Sky/Time/Darkness. I still haven't beaten it yet.

Years

I would mention Destiny Tower in Explorers of Sky, but that would be way too easy. And i'm not mentioning any of the Zero Isles, either. So i'll give mention to Inferno Cave from the same game. That place is horrifying - not only can you not bring any money and only eight items, but you can only use a leader, the Pokémon are very strong, there are Grudge traps to just mess with you, and the last quarter of the dungeon or so has opponents with that stupid Intimidator IQ skill.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I can't remember what it was called, but the one dungeon that comes after you get rescued by Hydreigon in Gates to Infinity? Wish I could remember the name, but I do remember it being really long...

Question of the Day

When you find a rare candy, do you use it immediately, or save it?​

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    When you find a rare candy, do you use it immediately, or save it?

I rarely use them. Sometimes I might distribute levels to the lowest Pokemon in my party before the Elite Four. But since I usually keep all six +/-1 level from each other, no one's ever really behind.

Years

Both actually. It all comes down to what situation I'm in on how I'll use it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When I find them, I usually save these things rather than using immediately. It could get sort of tough to level-up your Pokémon once they reach around 50, and I believe this is when Rare Candies could come in handy.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It...varies for me, honestly. Depending on a number of factors, there may sometimes be a gap between my Pokes' levels, but I try my best to keep them even. My starter is often my powerhouse in the beginning, but I do my best to make sure my other Pokemon get some attention too.

Question of the Day

Which Pokemon game have you spent the most time playing?​
    RSE, if I'm allowed to count them all collectively, including deleted and present saves, haha!

Pokemon Y for me, because of the ungodly amount of time I've spent breeding and team building in it. My first save file had ~443 hours at the time I reset it, and the second one currently has around ~168-ish hours clocked.

Question of the Day

Are there any Pokemon games you've started playing, but haven't finished?​

Yes Gen I game that I started playing earlier this year, haha

For me, it would be Platinum. And I'd use the term "started" loosely, since I only got to the point where you pick a starter. So I've technically never even played a Sinnoh game.

Question of the Day

What's the hardest Mystery Dungeon you've encountered in a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game?​
    So far the sea dungeon that has Lanturn and Chinchou using the move Discharge, as well as Darkrai's dungeon. They kinda pushed me to the edge, I believe I have over 10 restarts from each mentioned dungeons.

A special mention to Temporal Tower.

I can't remember what it was called, but the one dungeon that comes after you get rescued by Hydreigon in Gates to Infinity? Wish I could remember the name, but I do remember it being really long...

Question of the Day

When you find a rare candy, do you use it immediately, or save it?​

I often save them until I reached the region's Pokemon League. Depending in the situation, if a team member needs extra pushing it'll get more candies. If everyone's balanced, obviously they get to share the sweets!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I save it when I really need it to evolve ASAP when the level is close enough or if I'm apparently closer to the requirement.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I save my rare candies. I want to use them for the last few levels, as those take a lot more experience points per level than the other levels (so generally for levels 90-100, or for cases where I need to do IV checking (but then I reset). I rarely use my rare candies, though, because by the time my Pokemon get to level 90+, I don't want to rush to 100 because then I feel like I'm wasting experience when I those Pokemon.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

I save them. They really help for level 95+.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I'm actually with Otamajakushi, it's best to use them when your Pokemon's level is 95+, or somewhere around there. The total exp that it grants is higher at that point (since it gives the amount that's needed to move up to the next level). Sometimes I'll use it earlier than that though when I just don't feel like waiting, or it's a Pokemon with a really slow growth rate haha. Just a matter of the situation, really.

Question of the Day

What's the best thing you've ever gotten from Wonder Trade?​

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

What's the best thing you've ever gotten from Wonder Trade?

I've gotten a few shinies before. Last year for Christmas I got a shiny Delibird.

Back