• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    There's a park down the street from me that has a pond with a gazebo right beside the water, rock climbing wall, and a ginormous walking track. I can always find Slowpoke, Magikarp, and Psyduck there. I've also caught a few Dratini, Dragonair, and Shellder, so!

Blanche

Mystic Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2016
    Perhaps one day we will see more Pokémon diversity in more rural locations.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Do you have your own routines or habits? For instance, do your plan out specific routes to take each day?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    ive discovered 7 dratini nests in my town so on my way to the pokestops and gyms i have a route that will will take me close to all of on the way and on the way back.

S­park

Instinct Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    We all face challenges every day! So...

QUESTION OF THE DAY

What Pokémon gave you the hardest time when you tried to catch it?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    Dragonite for sure. I usually don't go to ultra balls right away. If it's a rarer pokemon I'll start with a berry and a great ball, with Dragonite I knew better than to do so. I went with an ultra ball and berry every time. It was also so far away, I missed with the ultra ball quite a few times. I used up a total of 18 ultra balls and many berries in catching it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Snorlax, i used all my ultra and Great balls and Razz berries, was amazed to get it in a pokeball

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Dragonite for sure. I usually don't go to ultra balls right away. If it's a rarer pokemon I'll start with a berry and a great ball, with Dragonite I knew better than to do so. I went with an ultra ball and berry every time. It was also so far away, I missed with the ultra ball quite a few times. I used up a total of 18 ultra balls and many berries in catching it.
    Oh, I've been there with Dragonite... at least you caught yours!

Candela

Valor Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2016
    I like a good challenge!

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Do you have any goals other than completing the PokéDex?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    I intended to build a good team but with gyms being so easy to take down I stopped bothering so much with that, I still put a bit of thought into it for when PvP battles come in but mainly I'm concentrating on my pokedex, I'm aiming to get them all before everyone I know locally. It's definitely going to be close and could come down to lucky hatches/spawnings I'm at 137 and I know people on 129

Years
  • What is the number one Pokémon you're trying to catch right now and how are you handling the challenge?
    Pikachu - Hoping to visit a park at the weekend where it apparently spawns a lot! Fingers crossed!

If you could add one feature to Pokémon GO, what would it be and why?
    Trading or gifting items! I'm always so short but my brother has to delete so many every day so it would be perfect if he could give them to me instead!

How much time do you think you've spent playing so far?
    Ooh I dread to think! Though it's pretty much down to just a few hours a week now if that.

What is your go-to place to search for new Pokémon?
    The university is my favourite place for GOing! Can be a lot of the same but quite often new ones will pop up! The park in town is another great place! Other places have been good but not easy to get to regularly.

Do you have your own routines or habits? For instance, do your plan out specific routes to take each day?
    Nah just take it as it comes really! If visiting my favourite places though I usually follow the sameish route and sit in the same spots when putting lures on and taking on gyms!

What Pokémon gave you the hardest time when you tried to catch it?
    Probably my first Mr. Mime encounter, he was tricksy but got him in the end!

Do you have any goals other than completing the PokéDex?
    Collecting all the Pokémon is my main goal but I like to get new medals too!

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    Oh, I've been there with Dragonite... at least you caught yours!

Very true, I am extremely thankful and lucky to have caught it before it ran!

Honestly, my goals at this point are to just build a good team. I'm not focusing so much on the Pokedex as much as I'm focusing on building a team of Pokemon that have high CP, does that make sense? Of course, with the unfortunate lack of Pokestops around my area, that's easier said than done...

This is also my goal. I'm still looking for any pokemon I don't have if they pop up of course, but I want all my fully evolved pokemon to be at a high IV and CP. I was looking for >90% IV, but I think I may have to lower that to >80% IV. I would love to be able to take down gyms with any pokemon not just the traditional Dragonite, Vaporeon, Arcanine.

Blanche

Mystic Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2016
    It appears many people are working on building strong teams...

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Which Pokémon do you use for Gym battles?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Lapras, Vaporeon, Arcanine, Blastoise and Gyarados. those are the ones ive got over 2000CP atm, i desperately want more Grimer candy to get Muk up to that level as well

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    Mine are mostly Vaporeon (I have 5 at ~ 2000 CP or above), Arcanine, Slowbro and Dragonite. Powered up my Jolteon today to take on a mostly water gym, so that will be added to the list. I always like to throw in someone different too, like a Nidoking, Pinsir, etc. Using the same pokemon every time gets boring.

Years
  • Which Pokémon do you use for Gym battles?

Golduck and Hypno are my highest CP so favour them mostly but Seaking, Golbat, Kingler, Fearow and Pidgeot get a look in too. I look forward to getting more variety though!

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • For Gym battles, I mainly use my Vaporeon because even though it's CP isn't good, it's the best I have right now. So yeah, I don't have much success in Gyms. Gotta get me some more of that Stardust.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • I have my S and A-tier Pokémon for most situations... stuff you see in most gyms. Dragonite, Snorlax, Lapras, Vaporeon. Boring!

But I'm trying to work on some high IV Pokémon you see less often. I'm well over 100 Charmander and Jigglypuff candy because one of my more immediate goals is to rock an end-game Charizard and Wigglytuff. Just because :P

S­park

Instinct Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Whoa, looks like some of you are making real progress on the Gym front! Here's a question I've been really curious about.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

What's the oldest Pokémon you currently own? Is it your original starter you got from Professor Willow? Or something else?

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • "What's the oldest Pokémon you currently own? Is it your original starter you got from Professor Willow? Or something else?"

For me, it would be the Original Starter Bulbasaur from the start of the game; though shamelessly downloading the app through apk. as the game comes first in Australia despite not fully released at that time gave me a vibe of guilt. :/

This Bulbasaur also will never be released, ever.

Years
  • It's surprising how quickly that Stardust can disappear ain't it!
    I like seeing different Pokémon left at Gyms too!

What's the oldest Pokémon you currently own? Is it your original starter you got from Professor Willow? Or something else?

Yeah my oldest is my starter too though mine's a Squirtle. He's favourited and shall never be deleted or evolved either, he's my little baby! :)

Back