• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

S­park

Instinct Leader
Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Hot topic alert! Generation II stuff.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Are you making preparations for the hopefully eventual release of Generation II Pokémon? If so, what are your plans?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Hmmm... not really! I mean, sort of. I like to keep one Pokemon of every evolution, so I save a few in case I'm going to evolve some into generation 2 Pokemon. I also catch everything I see that has a future evolution, like Onix, so that I'll be able to evolve them sooner :)

Years
  • Are you making preparations for the hopefully eventual release of Generation II Pokémon? If so, what are your plans?

Not much.. I just catch things as I normally would without gen II in my thoughts. I am happy having a hefty bit of Scyther candy though, since Scizor's coming out at some point in the near future. Always nice knowing I've been collecting.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • I also catch everything I see that has a future evolution, like Onix, so that I'll be able to evolve them sooner :)
    Yep, I'm doing this as well. Hoarding a ton of Poliwag candy for Politoed, Oddish candy for Bellossom, Chansey candy for Blissey, etc.

I'm closing in on 600 Eevee candies...

Candela

Valor Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2016
    Let's talk trading!

QUESTION OF THE DAY

There are many ways players can potentially trade in the future. What would your ideal trading system look like?

Years
  • There are many ways players can potentially trade in the future. What would your ideal trading system look like?

For fairness' sake I'd like it if you could only trade with nearby players. Would completely defeat the point of the game if you could trade with anyone across the world like in main series Pokémon games, though I doubt Niantic would do that haha. Makes it too easy. Maybe put a daily/weekly limit on trading so people don't quickly fill their dex by trading with someone who has mostly everything already? We'd need some sort of limit at the very least or I can see this game becoming too easy for many people given that collecting's the main point.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    There are many ways players can potentially trade in the future. What would your ideal trading system look like?

For fairness' sake I'd like it if you could only trade with nearby players. Would completely defeat the point of the game if you could trade with anyone across the world like in main series Pokémon games, though I doubt Niantic would do that haha. Makes it too easy. Maybe put a daily/weekly limit on trading so people don't quickly fill their dex by trading with someone who has mostly everything already? We'd need some sort of limit at the very least or I can see this game becoming too easy for many people given that collecting's the main point.

I get your concerns, but it also almost defeats the purpose of trading by only allowing it with nearby players, right? The pokemon I would most want to trade for are those I do not yet have, namely the regional exclusives. If I can't trade with someone for a Mr. Mime, Farfetch'd, or Kangaskhan, I will never ever ever get one. Is there a chance that someone near me has one? Sure, but what are the odds they're going to want to trade it with me given that I live in America and they probably don't have enough to the point where they'd be willing to trade one.

I would like to see as you mention some sort of limit to trading, though. I don't want it to be so easy for me to access the pokemon I need. If I can only do a limited number of trades, or a limited number of trades for the pokemon I need, or if it costs something to trade, or something along those lines, it would make me think about trading wisely.

Blanche

Mystic Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2016
    QUESTION OF THE DAY

Do you play with sound/music on or off?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I play with sound/music off. I usually have spotify open while I play...gotta get ready for a few concerts next month!

S­park

Instinct Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    New update means new questions!

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Have you noticed any increased success with catching Pokémon now that medals affect catch rates?

VisualJae

Years
  • I personally noticed a higher success rate with starter Pokémon as I haven't had a single one escape from me since the update.

Could just be luck, of course ;)

Candela

Valor Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2016
    QUESTION OF THE DAY

In any given day, when do you usually play Pokémon GO?

VisualJae

Years
  • Thank you to everyone who have participated in this activity!

I will no longer be maintaining this thread as it's a little too much work for me to keep track of each day. If someone would like to continue this activity, let me know via PM and I can arrange something.

Years
  • In any given day, when do you usually play Pokémon GO?

It's hard to say. Almost always when I go out unless I need to preserve battery, so it can be during the day when I'm out for interviews or other tasks, or at night when I hang out with little brother to play. So it's extremely varied.

Bummer you can't maintain it anymore. =( I did think a question a day was too much though. Tiring to think of topics and remember posting them each day. Weekly might've been less exhausting?

Back