• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Questions with no answers?

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    Ok then... I guess your answers make sense..

Hmmm... well this sorta applies more to the game than the Anime, but its still a question with no answer...

Who was the guy that Misty was with and trying to date in Pokemon Gold and Silver? - I know its not Ash or Brock....

Years
    Hmmm.... It could have been anyone! Remember, Firered and Leafgreen clearly stated that she was looking forward to dating out in Cerulean Cape. From the sprite, it sorta looked like a Cooltrainer, but I'm not sure. Maybe he could have been a Bug Catcher! LOL.

Also, Ash didn't even exist in the game series! The champion at Silver Mountain was named Red and the Gym Leader in Viridian City was Blue. Ash and Gary were just two predefined names that you could have chosen in Red/Blue/Yellow and Firered/Leafgreen.

I've got a question that we should have asked since the beginning of the series, and the answer could be anything...

Why do Pok?mon battles exist? If the war between people and Pok?mon ended decades ago, then why have the Pok?mon not rebeled if they're being used in such battles?
    Me? I think it's some sort of military ploy...

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    It's similar to the dragons in Dragon Booster.

And where did a war come in?There was never a war mentioned in the Pokemon world,
    besides the war Lt.Surge mentioned.

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    MewthreeXL said:
    It's similar to the dragons in Dragon Booster.

And where did a war come in?There was never a war mentioned in the Pokemon world,
    besides the war Lt.Surge mentioned.

Yep, I think he mentioned the Vietnam war...

Why do they exist? Not sure about that, maybe they like fighting!
    It would be a nice change if Ash himself and his friends actually fought thier own battles though...like Digimon series 4...

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    IMO,pokemon doesn't need to be like digimon.I don't hate digimon,but pokemon should
    stay unique.They seem to be heading in the digimon direction.

And Digimon season 3 is the best.

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    MewthreeXL said:
    IMO,pokemon doesn't need to be like digimon.I don't hate digimon,but pokemon should
    stay unique.They seem to be heading in the digimon direction.

And Digimon season 3 is the best.

Yep, Originality is good. I wasn't saying that Pokemon should be like Digimon, if that's what you thought...I just would like the humans fighting or battling for once, instead of having the Pokemon do it for them (even though they are willing to do so)

I wish I could post another question.. but I can't think of any at the moment :\

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    MewthreeXL said:
    Isn't that one of the themes of pokemon?Like netnavis battling for netops?Well,
    except in Axess.

Umm, are you referring to another anime? If so, I've never heard of it, but I get your point. Anyway.. finally thought of another question..

I not sure if this has been asked before, but do they mention Pikachu's gender in either dubbed or Japanese version? If so, what gender?

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    They've never mentioned it's gender,they've always referred to it as a neutral gender.

I was referring to Megaman NT Warrior Axess,or Megaman Axess.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    STJ said:
    Who was the guy that Misty was with and trying to date in Pokemon Gold and Silver? - I know its not Ash or Brock....
    Game Kasumi =/= Anime Kasumi

They're not the same character. Satoshi doesn't exist in the game series and the Takeshi of the games is not the same as the anime.

Oh, and about dubbing... I guess 4Kids didn't expect the series to be a massive hit in America, (of course, more so in Japan!) so that could be a reason of why the dubbing could be way off. (but still, why rename the S.S. Anne to the Saint Anne?!) I guess they changed their ways once fans started piling up by the thousands.
    Cause that's what Japan renamed it. The St. Anne sounds better for a cruise ship. S.S. Anne sounds more appropriate for a large boat.

Years
    A large cruise boat, I guess. The S.S. seems to indicate a military-type boat of some sort...

And yes, the Misty's/Kasumi's of the games and show are not the same. I mean, according to Firered/Leafgreen, it says that Brock doesn't laugh, but when he does, he can't stop himself. That's not the Brock I know from the show!

If you guys didn't hear about the war between people and Pok?mon, you've obviously haven't seen those perticular episodes. There's a handful out there that actually indicate some kind of war that existed between the two a long time ago. I think that the man that the maiden of Maiden's Peak waited for went off to that war, but the episode didn't clearly indicate it.

Oh, and if you guys didn't realize, Pok?mon set the standard of long-term collecting. Everybody instantly copied them as soon as they saw how popular Pok?mon was in Japan. Besides, I like Pok?mon the way it is and it doesn't need to be violent. We have all of those other animes (and video games) to satisfy those cravings!

Years
    Ah, but they did mention that people and Pok?mon actually existed in harmony in "A Ruin with a View" seasons later. This could imply that they didn't quite exist happily with one another a long time ago. And what other war could be waged in the land of Pok?mon?

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    A war between humans,like in real life.

And that was centuries ago,because it had cave drawings,which indicated primitive
    people.

It doesn't have to indicate a war between people and pokemon.It indicates that they didn't know what kind of relationship people had with pokemon.

Years
    Yeah, I know that. This is just how I see these things! Don't hurt me for that!

And I did say that people and humans may have not liked each other way in the past. Whatever. I still wonder why Pok?mon are willingly being used by humans for battles of all things...

I still think it's a military ploy!

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    Pokemon are naturaly subservient.I gathered that the people used the pokemon to
    fight each other in the various wars.I mean they used the pokemon as weapons.

Back