• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    i was thinking about more along the lines of reflect/light screen, but i've decided on leading with ninjask instead

that being said, what would i have to do EV wise, with minimal IVs in order to get a liechi berry to activate after the 3rd sub?

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    substitute takes off ¼ of your max hp ea time, the question is when do berrys activate
    and how much of an issue is getting your hp devisable by 4 via EVs without the need of IVs on a ninjask?

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    Hey thanks, but how do I make him happy?

Sorry its been a long long time since I have played a pokemon game =D

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Hey thanks, but how do I make him happy?

Sorry its been a long long time since I have played a pokemon game =D
    You can give it Vitamins(Zinc, Calcium, Iron, Hp Up, ...), send it out into battle(doesn't matter how long), or walk a lot of steps(250 i think, could be more...).
    Also, having a Pokémon caught in a Luxury Ball or holding a Shell Bell raises the amount of Happiness a Pokémon gains every time it gains Happiness :)
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Happiness

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    You can give it Vitamins(Zinc, Calcium, Iron, Hp Up, ...), send it out into battle(doesn't matter how long), or walk a lot of steps(250 i think, could be more...).
    Also, having a Pokémon caught in a Luxury Ball or holding a Shell Bell raises the amount of Happiness a Pokémon gains every time it gains Happiness :)
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Happiness
    Remember, Riolu can't be caught in the wild so it can only come in a Pokeball.

But this does work for other Pokemon that can be caught.

Years
    I've got a GTS/Global Terminal question.

Sadly I don't have the money to get another D/P/Pt game and I'm dying to get a Magmortar and a Rhyperior. I found out that there was a way to use a glitch in D/P in the GTS to evolve a trade evolution pokemon by putting said pokemon in with the proper evolution item, making another GTS trade, and then pulling the pokemon back out.

Does this tactic still work in Platinum, and if so, does it become more difficult because levels/genders cannot be specified?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Im breeding my charizard and garchomp how long should it take? And does the time depend on the two pokemon that are breeding? And i already know the breeding groups. (i just match them up by either specices or if they look alike XD )

Lol, just refer to my earlier Q Q&A post here. It should help you with what you need to know.

§1 said:
    how much do berrys like kelpsey lower your EVs?
    First Kelpsy berry lowers your attack EVs to 100. After that, each Kelpsy berry lowers your attack EVs by 10 EVs.

Prince_of_Light said:

Sadly I don't have the money to get another D/P/Pt game and I'm dying to get a Magmortar and a Rhyperior. I found out that there was a way to use a glitch in D/P in the GTS to evolve a trade evolution pokemon by putting said pokemon in with the proper evolution item, making another GTS trade, and then pulling the pokemon back out.

Does this tactic still work in Platinum, and if so, does it become more difficult because levels/genders cannot be specified?

Hmm, good question. I think it should work, but I honestly don't know. However, there is an easier way: Just ask one of the members here to help you. I'm sure a number of them would be willing to help.

Last edited:

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years

Hmm... I haven't tried this in Platinum, but I believe it's still possible. GTS Cloning, however, can't be done in Platinum.

how much do berrys like kelpsey lower your EVs?
    Those Berries lower effort values by 10.

Years
    Originally Posted by Prince_of_Light

Hmm... I haven't tried this in Platinum, but I believe it's still possible. GTS Cloning, however, can't be done in Platinum.

Those Berries lower effort values by 10.

Thanks. Can anyone else help me with this?

Back