• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Myles

Seriously?
Years
  • Select it and then receive gift. Get via wireless will allow you to get gifts from stores (e.g. Toys 'R' Us) during their special events, when you are near the store. Get via Nintendo WFC requires the Internet, but gives gifts from there, the Internet. At the moment you can download Oak's Letter via the Internet option in the US, Europe, Australia, etc.

It should tell you whether it was successful or not.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2014
    TM Taunt?

Does anybody know where to get TM Taunt in Platinum. I know it's in RT. 211 but where, I know it's not the item at the top that requires rock climb so where is it?

Vespinus

as Shocking as Thunder!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    I have no idea why you'd want it, but I believe it's below a Flying0type trainer and you need Rock Smash to get it.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Umm, quick question.

I just have a quick question here. Sorry if this belongs anywhere else. I just need an answer.

Yesterday, I migrated a Shroomish from my Emerald. Simply because I #¤@& the Great Marsh. (I seriously think it's the worst Safari Zone-place ever.) And due to the fact that Shroomish is kind of rare there. And as I don't want Effect Spore, I bred it with my Ditto. I got a perfect one on my first try (I was like: "omg did that seriously just happen?") that was Adamant and with Poison Heal.

So my question is: How to teach Breloom Spore? Do I have to train the Shroomish to Lv. 45 (!!!) and teach it Spore and then evolve it, or can I just evolve it and then, as it reaches/passes Lv.45, teach it Spore via the Pastoria Move Tutor?

Help please? You'll get a cookie.

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
  • How Long?

How long does it usually take for a shiny patch of grass to appear when you're chaining after you reach 40 patches?
    I got to 63 Shinx in a row and kept resetting the radar to see if a shiny appeared. None did. So I just wanted to know how long does it usually take for you guys?

PirateSam

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
  • Tere is no special Pattern it is A random thing you could find a shiny in 1 Go or it could be 200 for all you no!

Years
  • It's A Totally Random Number But It's usually Around 40-60 Max But There My Results.
    Good Luck Chaining! =d

WOOO 200th Post

Years
  • On water Poke'mon

I know I have to keep my Gastrodon (or some other water type, I guess) at a decent level for Flint and Bertha in the Elite Four, but it hasn't been learning any decent moves! What TMs does it learn (I haven't seen any under 5500), and does it ever get a par moveset?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • You'll obviously want to give it the HM Surf. Earthquake (TM 26) is also a must, and you can find it in the hidden part of Wayward Cave (the entrance hidden under the Route 206 bridge, where you find Gible). Unless you've got an Ice-type, give it Ice Beam (TM 13) which is on Route 216 (you'll need to defeat Candice and use Rock Climb to reach it).

As for level-up moves, it doesn't get much. Muddy Water at 41 and Recover at 54 are the only notable ones, and Muddy Water is redundant if you have Surf.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    While we're on the subject, I'm using a Gastrodon as well and wanted to get Earth Power on it. Bulbapedia says it can learn it via move tutor, but where do I find this move tutor and what do I have to give him?

EDIT: It's OK, just found I can't get it until after the Elite Four anyway, I'll just use Earthquake.

Years
  • Thanks, LeSabre. I was looking for earthquake and couldn't seem to find it. I'm about to fight Candace in just a short while, if that gives you an idea.

Glad you found your answer Char.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Tere is no special Pattern it is A random thing you could find a shiny in 1 Go or it could be 200 for all you no!

While the shiny pokémon can come up at any time during chaining, you can get it at a higher rate once your chain reaches the 40's or above. However, if it doesn't, don't be suprised because even if the chance for a shiny rises, you never know when you are going to come across it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    Question about Smeargle

I was just wondering if sketch can literally copy any move. Like would it be possible to copy Lock-on and fissure on a single Smeargle? Could you literally kill any pokemon in 2 hits? Has anyone else thought of this?

Years
  • Yes. They've one-upped you and did Mind Reader and Sheer Cold. However, OHKO moves are banned from standard competitive play, so...
    Also, only Chatter and Struggle can't be Sketched.

Back