• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    If I level a Pokemon thats EV trained (like 200+ in ATK or something) and he gets the stat bonus from leveling, and I reset his EVs using berries, Does that mean his ATK stat will decrease down?

Does EXP Share give EVs?
    Yes and Yes.
    They're Pokemon that have extremely high stats and are mostly legends. It's plain unfair to be using a pokemon that has 100 per base stat. As for Wobbuffet's line, I still don't know completely why they're considered uber.

Wobuffet's ability, Shadow Tag prevents switching. It also knows encore which can lock the opponent into a certain move. It has a crapload of HP with really weak defense which makes Counter/Mirror Coat a real pain, and since the other guy can't switch out, every time Wobbuffet is used, it is almost guaranteed to KO a Pokemon every single time.

Garchomp is just too good for regular play. It has a speed stat just barely higher than most the average Pokemon in OU, Sand Veil which with Tyranitar and Hippowdon is deadly, and it's bulky enough to survive an Ice Beam if it is holding a Yache Berry. Not to mention Swords Dance and its already high attack stat.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    Where to find Razor Claw?

Hey everyone. I need help. Where do you find Razor Claw on Pokemon Platinum? I need it to get a Gliscor.

Years
    Claw is for Weavile. It is found on Route 224, Victory Road, Battle Tower/Frontier, and Team Galactic HQ (Pt only)

Fang is for Gliscor. It is found on Route 214 hidden in a grassy patch and the Battle Tower/Frontier. IIRC, it is hidden in the tall grass with the collector in it.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Why does everyone ask if something is "nickname-able"? isnt everything nickname-able, thats what the Nickname NPC is for isnt it?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Why does everyone ask if something is "nickname-able"? isnt everything nickname-able, thats what the Nickname NPC is for isnt it?
    Haven't you tried to nickname a Pokemon you gotten in trade?

It can't be done!

Catherine

Lil'Rawr!
    Years
    I am recently new to EV and IV (breeding/training) Pokemon.

A little while back my friend gave me a shiny Eevee she hatched from an egg herself. It had a bold nature/alert to sounds, which would make anyone pleased...
    I evolved it into an Umbreon, while EV training it's HP and Defense/Special Defense.
    So first I learned about EV's and did this to my Umbreon, and then I learned about IV's (Alert to sounds is supposedly good).

Then I learned there was an IV calculator where you could enter the poke's stats to find out it's projected IV's for when it reaches level 100.

What I'm asking is if I'm using this calculator correctly. My poke's stats are:
    Lv. 57, HP. 228, Attack 87, Defense 181, Sp. Atk. 91, Sp. Def. 189, Speed 96.

On the calculator it says nearly all IV's are perfect, and apparently very rare to find a perfect IV poke. So I'm thinking I am using the calculator incorrectly.. or did I just get conveniently lucky?

Years
    You were probably using it incorrectly. For the calculator to work, you have to know know how many EVs you put into each stat. You put those values in the fields where it says "EPs", "EVs", "Effort Values" or something along those lines.

Catherine

Lil'Rawr!
    Years
    The EP's for this poke are 255 in HP, 105 in Defense and 105 in Sp. Defense.
    Regardless, something is still probably wrong =/.

Catherine

Lil'Rawr!
    Years
    She possibly hacked it... I don't know.
    Everything on it looks normal, though. And it even says "Hatched from egg in whatever town".

I'll have to ask her about it next time I see her..

And to train your Empleon on speed, I'd go to route 212. Battle Starly: 1 ev and Staravia (sp?): 2 ev's. Thats where I go to EV train speed. =)

Back