• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Thanks so much! I'll teach Psychic as as a Roserade, her Sp. Attack is really good. So her moves will be:
    Petal Dance
    Psychic
    Solar Beam
    Giga Drain (this will be a HP gainer in Battle Frontier)

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    Thanks so much! I'll teach Psychic as as a Roserade, her Sp. Attack is really good. So her moves will be:
    Petal Dance
    Psychic
    Solar Beam
    Giga Drain (this will be a HP gainer in Battle Frontier)

you welcome, actually it's a good idea to teach a pkmn diferent moves, it's no very helpful that he/she knows only moves same as their type XD

my trade zone:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5542195&posted=1#post5542195

Working on Platinum, Breeding, hatching and trading on Diamond
    Diamond:
    my FC is 3867 6992 6638 and TN is Edward

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Would Heart Swap be a good Move to teach Smeargle
    as its got quite weak stats thus it would make the Smeargle stronger and the opponents weaker?

Was Thinking either :

Spore, Nightmare, Toxic and Heart Swap
    Spore, Nightmare, Mean Look and Toxic

i would be using Spore until i can get Dark Void - though that doesnt have 100% accurate but hits both in a dual battle

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    @ArmageddonAsh

I suggest you read https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Heart_Swap_%28move%29 <--- this page.

Stat CHANGES, not the stats itself. so no, not a good move.

oh and Bluerang, why would you want 3 grass moves on that Roserade? You only need one, which should be either Leaf Storm/Energy Ball/Grass Knot. Psychic is OK in the frontier. But please, swap Giga Drain (noob power and barely replenishes any HP at all, outclassed by Synthesis in every way).. for Hidden Power Fire or Ice. It'll help you a lot more. You don't need 2 grass moves either. Maybe Sludge Bomb instead of Petal Dance?

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Scratch that, she can't learn Psychic lol. So what do you think of Shadow Ball? Good against Ghost types, a Special Move and a Smart Move as well so it'll be good for contests. And lowers defense. I;m so indecisive Lol. Again thanks for your help, and anyone else who wants to add input xD

On a side Note: Can I post a thread about my Frontier Team and help on it on the Main Platinum Board, or will that have to go here?

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    Scratch that, she can't learn Psychic lol. So what do you think of Shadow Ball? Good against Ghost types, a Special Move and a Smart Move as well so it'll be good for contests. And lowers defense. I;m so indecisive Lol. Again thanks for your help, and anyone else who wants to add input xD

On a side Note: Can I post a thread about my Frontier Team and help on it on the Main Platinum Board, or will that have to go here?

XD yeah i just check it out and she can learn by egg move extrasensory not Psychic =p, anyway yes shadow ball it's a good move as well, look this is my roserade and is moves, check it out:

Roserade lv 70 mild nature
    Petal Dance
    Extrasensory
    Sludge Bomb
    Attract (this one only for fun, because Roserade is like this sexy lady =p)

whenever move you want is ok, yeah some are weak moves or useless but, hey, it's a game let's have fun, i remember when my classmates and i make a little tournament and i started the final battle with a Gyarados and my first powerful move was... Splash!!! We laugh hours and hours about that.

Working on Platinum, Breeding, hatching and trading on Diamond
    Diamond:
    my FC is 3867 6992 6638 and TN is Edward

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    if you use Spore and put a pokemon to sleep will using a move such as Focus Punch wake it up?
    yes im still trying to figure out the move set for my Smeargle :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Thats good.
    also with Smeargle having pretty weak attack and Sp. Attack
    i was wondering what would be a good damaging move that doesnt use these stats such as :

Super Fang - does 50% damage of pokemons current health
    Night Shade - based on Pokemon Lvl

what others are there?

ultimatediamond

Aura Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Thats good.
    also with Smeargle having pretty weak attack and Sp. Attack
    i was wondering what would be a good damaging move that doesnt use these stats such as :

Super Fang - does 50% damage of pokemons current health
    Night Shade - based on Pokemon Lvl

what others are there?

turn it into a FEAR pokemon :)
    if you can, try and get one with endure, ice shard and endeavour

then in a match you can give it a salac berry which kicks in after the endure and then use endeavour and ice shard will finish them off

I dont belive that any moves can wake a pokemon up!

wake up slap is the only move i know of that can wake up a pokemon

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    i dont like giving them movesets that require berries.
    So far i have : Spore, Nightmare, Toxic and ______
    i just need a good attacking move that doesnt require Attack or Sp. Attack stats
    when i get a chance i might give it Dark Void - but the 80% accuracy is a worry

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    uuuuh... if you want a fixed-damage move you should probably go for Super Fang.

Remember, Smeargle has way better options though.

LIKE DRACO METEOR OVERHEAT LEAF STORM PSYCHO BOOST OLOLOLOL!

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    i am trying to find moves that dont use the pokemons Attack or Sp. Attack which are kinda weak
    dont all the other moves you mention use them

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    No, those other moves are ridiculously overpowered special moves that won't be that overpowered when they're coming off a 20 base special attack. XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    yeah thats what i thought, knowing that they have a weak Attack or Sp. Attack i need something that
    even with these will still do decent damage - any ideas?

Back