• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    how do you keep a chain from breakin in a 8-10 by 6 area of grass?

i tried chainin Krabbys and my chain broke at 3: 8 times, twice on 2, and i got it once to 12 (my highest chain yet)

i really want a legit Shiny Krabby,he was the first shiny i ever got on Silver, please help ^_^

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Froggy's Website has a picture of the best place to continue chaining for Krabby. Beyond that, it's just avoiding patches next to each other, in the same column/row, on the edge of the grassy area or next to any objects.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    how much is a "stage" worth?

like when you increase your attack& defense with curse,and lower your speed
    how much is each "stage" worth?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    It's multiplicative. At a neutral state, it's x*(2/2) where x = stat. +1 is x*(3/2), +2 is x*(4/2), etc.; -1 is x*(2/3), -2 is x*(2/4), -3 is x*(2/5), and so on. +6 is the highest one stat can go and -6 is the lowest it can go. This isn't the same for accuracy, evasion or HP.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    It's multiplicative. At a neutral state, it's x*(2/2) where x = stat. +1 is x*(3/2), +2 is x*(4/2), etc.; -1 is x*(2/3), -2 is x*(2/4), -3 is x*(2/5), and so on. +6 is the highest one stat can go and -6 is the lowest it can go. This isn't the same for accuracy, evasion or HP.

i followed that beautifully, but i didnt understand it lol

dumb it down just a whee bit mate lol

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Houndoom has 279 with an Attack-neutral nature. Howl increases Attack by one stage. It isn't holding any stat-affecting item and doesn't have a stat-affecting ability, so the modifiers remain at 1.

x * (3/2) * 1 * 1 = y
    279 * 1.5 * 1 * 1 = 418.5
    Stat * stat modifier * ability modifier * item modifier = final stat

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Houndoom has 279 with an Attack-neutral nature. Howl increases Attack by one stage. It isn't holding any stat-affecting item and doesn't have a stat-affecting ability, so the modifiers remain at 1.

x * (3/2) * 1 * 1 = y
    279 * 1.5 * 1 * 1 = 418.5
    Stat * stat modifier * ability modifier * item modifier = final stat

extraodinary so those non-damage moves hav uses after all O_O

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    Simplier:
    stage 6 = 400%
    stage 5 = 350%
    stage 4 = 300%
    stage 3 = 250%
    stage 2 = 200%
    stage 1 = 150%
    stage 0 = 100% (what every pokemon starts with)
    stage -1 = 66.67%
    stage -2 = 50%
    stage -3 = 40%
    stage -4 = 33.33%
    stage -5 = 28.57%
    stage -6 = 25%

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Simplier:
    stage 6 = 400%
    stage 5 = 350%
    stage 4 = 300%
    stage 3 = 250%
    stage 2 = 200%
    stage 1 = 150%
    stage 0 = 100% (what every pokemon starts with)
    stage -1 = 66.67%
    stage -2 = 50%
    stage -3 = 40%
    stage -4 = 33.33%
    stage -5 = 28.57%
    stage -6 = 25%

XD i understood that ALOT better, people should be more simple with it like this :D

thanx a bunch mate, thisll help me design my team alot better ^_^

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Exit the hotel (like you're going towards the lake) and use your Dowsing Machine. It's hard to describe where exactly it is, there won't be a little dot on your screen, just keep walking by the door and pressing A every step or so.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Digging in the Underground is easiest for both. The only other option is to catch a lot of Staryus until you find a Star Piece on one (it's a 5% chance). After that, in Platinum, you take it to the guy in the middle of Fuego Ironworks for one of each shard.

Years
    Digging in the Underground is easiest for both. The only other option is to catch a lot of Staryus until you find a Star Piece on one (it's a 5% chance). After that, in Platinum, you take it to the guy in the middle of Fuego Ironworks for one of each shard.

Sigh, all I can find are sphere's lol.

Back