• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Charmander_004

I love Pokémon and Charmander
    Years
    clock, time event problems

hey guys i guess i got a problem with my diamond game clock because berries are not growing and the honey trees dont move. Yesterday i was trying to capture a burmy using the dam trees, it was like 14:20 or so. I had already saved the game while the tree was still moving (btw i had just beaten gardenia and now i have two badges),but before that i had planted some berries too. Then i tried the capture a burmy but i wanted a male one with a specific nature since i want a mothim. But getting a male one with the natures i wanted is though so i had to reset several times. But then the tree stoped moving i guess because the time for that tree had expired and i really wanted a burmy and its hard the get those, it was like 14:40, so i went to the ds system clock and removed an hour so it was like 13:40. The tree started moving again, so i finally captured the burmy i wanted, so i saved the game, but i guess i screwed up the clock because the berries i planted (at 14:00 or so) wont grow, of course i put the correct time again and waited a day. Also the trees dont move either. How can i fix the clock? I searched the web for glitches like these but found nothin only i guy that said that the time based events like berries wont work for a while, but how MUCH is that WHILE? Hope i dont have to start over again!!!!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    This is only theoretical, but it's the method I use for correcting everything, and getting fast pokeballs from Kurt, using clock manipulation on HeartGold - those games have more in-built stuff to kill you if you mess with time than Diamond, so this should work:

- Set time to 23:59 yesterday.
    - Go onto your Diamond game (make sure you manage it before a minute passes, otherwise you have to try again).
    - Wander around in-game for 2 or 3 mins, until 00:01 or later today.
    - Save.
    - Change the time to match what time it really is today.
    - Go back on, plant berries, etc. wait however long you're supposed to, and the berries should grow.

Charmander_004

Years
    thanks for the help, i'll try that out, but i still hope more people answers if your method doesnt work. BTW i wonder whats gonna happen with the berries i had already planted, will they grow, dissappear or stay in the mud forever?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'm not sure...I'd imagine their timers will be reset. I've never noticed with Apricorns, so sorry, I can't give you a sufficiently sure answer.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    Im ev training my teddiursa. im going to give it pokerus and a power item. When calculating evs do you double it first then add four, or add four then double it?

Charmander_004

Years
    This is only theoretical, but it's the method I use for correcting everything, and getting fast pokeballs from Kurt, using clock manipulation on HeartGold - those games have more in-built stuff to kill you if you mess with time than Diamond, so this should work:

- Set time to 23:59 yesterday.
    - Go onto your Diamond game (make sure you manage it before a minute passes, otherwise you have to try again).
    - Wander around in-game for 2 or 3 mins, until 00:01 or later today.
    - Save.
    - Change the time to match what time it really is today.
    - Go back on, plant berries, etc. wait however long you're supposed to, and the berries should grow.

WOW, your method worked man!, dont know how or why but it did, you're my HERO, next time i wont mess with the stupid clock again, no matter what. Even the berries i planted two days ago are blooming now and the honey trees are moving again. Thanks again.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Hi.
    On Platinum I really want a Charmander. I haven't completed the Sinnoh Dex or beat the Elite Four yet; but can my friend still trade me a Charmander over from SoulSilver when I only have the Sinnoh Dex?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    JackGamer, I've locally traded (for a Darkrai) after reaching Sandgem... For WiFi trading for non Sinnoh Pokemon, I believe just having the first badge suffices. You don't need to beat the game to be traded Kanto, Johto, etc Pokemon. They just won't register in your National Dex until you get that. In their summary, they will have a ??? instead of a Dex number... :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    JackGamer, I've locally traded (for a Darkrai) after reaching Sandgem... For WiFi trading for non Sinnoh Pokemon, I believe just having the first badge suffices. You don't need to beat the game to be traded Kanto, Johto, etc Pokemon. They just won't register in your National Dex until you get that. In their summary, they will have a ??? instead of a Dex number... :)

Thank you so much!! :) Aw yay, Charizard <3

Tsuna Kun.

NO$.
    Years
    K so i have four badges so far, none of my pokemon can use stregnth because apperently i need another badge, and i haven't recieved surf yet.

I have no idea where to go or what i'm supposed to go. I tried to go to the sunny city or whatever it said that there was a black out and that i cannot pass.

Anyone help?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Are you in Platinum or DP?
    Platinum: Go beat Crasher Wake in Pastoria. You will need an Electric type and a Grass type
    DP: Go to Hearthome and beat Fantina.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    Hey guys,can you help me?I just started to play pokemon diamond on my computer with emulator no$gba,and it is very slow.WHY?

Years
    Regarding the D/P/P FAQ page where there is a section on where and how to get all the Pokemon - when it says "Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire" inserted, does it mean that it has to be strictly "Emerald" etc?

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Gengar is the only Pokémon that works with all cartidges too.

Can Feebas be caught with an Old Rod in Platinum? Some places say you have to use a Super Rod. Some say you can use any rod. Some say you have to use a Super Rod then on other pages on that same website they say you can use any (Serebii >_>) then there are people claiming to have fished on a Feebas tile with an Old Rod for an hour and found nothing, then used a Good/Super Rod and found it right away. Then there are people who say they find it on every rod. Then there are people who say they only find it on the Old Rod.

WHICH IS IT?! Can I use an old rod or not? X_X

Back