• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Necrø

Paramore <3
    Years
    I was on the route South of Veilstone in Diamond when I stumbled across a wild Vulpix. However when I looked up it's location in the National Dex it said it's Area was unknown. Was this because I imported a Ninetales from my Leafgreen game by any obscuere chance?

By anychance did you have a 3rd gen game card inserted into your DS? FR/LG/R/S/E?
    If so that is why it would of appeared pretty much like when you have leaf green inserted and you have the national dex Gengars start appearing and are able to be caught in the Old Chateau.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    How do you get the treasure in the Underground? I keep touching the touch screen and nowt happens :disappoin

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    How do you get the treasure in the Underground? I keep touching the touch screen and nowt happens :disappoin

You only need to touch the screen to see where're treasures in the wall. When you find one step right infront of the wal and press A button. ;)

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    How do I get into Mt. Coronet?

I'm at Mt. Coronet and I can't get through the door I followed a walkthrough and everything worked until I got to the door and it was closed.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I'm at Mt. Coronet and I can't get through the door I followed a walkthrough and everything worked until I got to the door and it was closed.
    This is assuming you're referring to Platinum at the point where you go up to Spear Pillar.

It probably means there's something you forgot to do beforehand. After you beat Cyrus, did you remember to go into the back room/laboratory, defeat Saturn, then press the switch to set the three captured Pokemon free?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Hi this might sound like a stupid question but is the Battle Frontier Island the same on Diamond as on Platinum? I mean with the Fight Area and everything.

Thanks
    Only the Battle Tower is in Diamond, not the rest of the Frontier facilities. However, the Battle Tower is pretty much the same in both games, including Tower Tycoon Palmer and his Pokemon team and their movesets.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    yes and no yes as in there is only 1 catchable in-game No due to its stats and the fact you can breed it with a ditto. so more No than Yes IMO

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2015
    Pokeradar chain question

So, I'm trying to chain a bagon to eventually get a shiny salamance. The problem is, whenever I get much past a chain of 5 I run into a different pokemon and it breaks my chain. I ran into the right type of grass and everything. Is there some trick to stopping this? Perhaps there's some tiny difference in the way the grass shakes? (This was the sparkly grass that shakes 3 times.)
    thanks!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    So, I'm trying to chain a bagon to eventually get a shiny salamance. The problem is, whenever I get much past a chain of 5 I run into a different pokemon and it breaks my chain. I ran into the right type of grass and everything. Is there some trick to stopping this? Perhaps there's some tiny difference in the way the grass shakes? (This was the sparkly grass that shakes 3 times.)
    thanks!

This chaining guide is phenomenal.

For Bagon, you must always walk into grass with white flecks. Also, walk into a patch of grass that is on the 4th ring from your starting position; you'll have to watch the video to understand better. Certain patterns are luckier than others, too, if only I remembered the source....

Years
    Abilities that activate weather on entering the battle field are snow cloak, sand stream, drought, and Drizzle.

When two pokemon that have these abilities enter the battle field at the same time the SLOWEST pokemon's is the one that works. The other just gets canceled out.

But but but choice scarf.

Take an example and consider:

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
    Speed=233

Tyranitar @ choice scarf
    Speed=231

What happens? The actual value for each pokemon's speed stat would mean there would be sandstorm, but if it depends on the in game speed, the prevailing weather condition would be hail.

Also, I have an abomasnow and choice scarf, so if anyone with a slow tyranitar would like to test this I would appreciate it.

This may seem lika a dumb question but i would like confirmation....
    Is Rotom a legendary?

Rotom cannot breed, and there is only one per game, however it is not considered a legendary. Some call it a psudo-legendary, but that is a matter of opinion.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Are Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum the same games?

And Is Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald the same games?

Just with little changes? If so on both gens, which games should I get?

Chatot Lover

happy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    Diamond and Pearl are the same games just like Ruby and Sapphire are the same. The main difference is which Pokémon you can catch in each version.

Platinum is just slighty different from Diamond and Pearl, for example, the story is not completely the same and there is a new area with a battle tower and stuff.

Emerald doesn't even change in the story compared to Ruby and Sapphire, but there is a Battle Park or something. Also, the Pokémon move in the battle.

I would suggest getting Emerald and Platinum as those games have new features which the older ones didn't have and you won't miss anything.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Emerald doesn't change?

It changes completely.....you get both evil teams......different 8th gym leader and champion.......different version mascot, and capture r/s mascots (like Platinum, where you can capture D/P's version mascots too)......there's a Battle Frontier (like Platinum, only better).....graphical upgrades(both games needed this).......different pokémon (like Platinum, except Platinum added 50+ onto the pokédex too).....

Platinum is a lot faster than D/P too...so I'd definitely recommend Emerald and Platinum...sorry, I just felt the need to advertise how good Emerald is. :D

Rotom cannot breed, and there is only one per game, however it is not considered a legendary. Some call it a psudo-legendary, but that is a matter of opinion.

Incorrect, Rotom can in fact breed, it is in the Indeterminate egg group. However, Rotom is not a legendary, despite the legendary encounter theme playing when you battle it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    ??? lol I've been gone waaaaaay too long lol, either way /server IRC.evangelionirc.com 6667 (+6697 for SSL)

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2010
    Haunter stats increase when evolving

Hey!

So I'm running an emulated pokemon platinum, and I cannot use trading to evolve the pokemon that require trading, so instead I'm hacking the save file to "evolve" them, the problem is, I want to be as legit as possible, but I haven't got the faintest clue how the stats should change.

I've now got a level 35 haunter I'm going to change in to a gengar, but I'm sure there's some kind of a stats change when evolving, so I need to know how the stats change, approximately, so I can adjust accordingly.

The current stats of my haunter are:

Max HP: 86
    Attack: 50
    Defence: 43
    Speed: 72
    Sp.Attack: 98
    Sp.Defence: 56

IVs are:

HP: 25
    Attack: 23
    Defence: 13
    Speed: 17
    Sp.Attack: 31
    Sp.Defence: 22

EVs are:

HP: 16
    Attack: 35
    Defence: 31
    Speed: 39
    Sp.Attack: 27
    Sp.Defence: 1

Sassy nature if that matters.

So now that I'm changing this pokemon in to a Gengar, what should change and approximately by how much?

Thanks.

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    I wanna get black, and I just thought of this:

what happens if I try to trade GEN V-mons to my diamond? can you?

Back