• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Well how do you get past the battle area caz i can't find out.
    When you reach the Fight area, you head north, you'll reach route 225, then go east, which you'll have to since there is no other way, then there's Survival Area, continue going east, then north to route 227, after that you'll find Stark Mountain.

Years
    Just to be sure, Pokemon in Double Battles both receive the amount of EVs from a Pokemon they ought to receive, or do they share the EVs? For example, Pokemon A and Pokemon B are against 2 Golbats in a Double Battle, will A and B get 4 Speed EVs each or is the EVs given by each Golbat shared between A and B?

Years
    Just to be sure, Pokemon in Double Battles both receive the amount of EVs from a Pokemon they ought to receive, or do they share the EVs? For example, Pokemon A and Pokemon B are against 2 Golbats in a Double Battle, will A and B get 4 Speed EVs each or is the EVs given by each Golbat shared between A and B?
    Both Pokemon A and B will receive 4 speed EVs in your scenario unless one of them wears a Power item or a Macho Brace. EVs are never divided.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    In my Platinum version I was soft resetting a few times to obtain a female Eevee from Bebe and I luckily wound up obtaining obtaining a timid one with an IV spread of 27/27/27/12/31/30 (these are the "median" IVs in the IV calculator). Now I'm mostly going to use it for breeding, but if I am going to use it for my in-game team, what should I evolve it into (though I already have an Umbreon on my team so that's not really an option)?

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    In my Platinum version I was soft resetting a few times to obtain a female Eevee from Bebe and I luckily wound up obtaining obtaining a timid one with an IV spread of 27/27/27/12/31/30 (these are the "median" IVs in the IV calculator). Now I'm mostly going to use it for breeding, but if I am going to use it for my in-game team, what should I evolve it into (though I already have an Umbreon on my team so that's not really an option)?

All depends in who are the others pokes in your team ;D

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    Ok so I have an underground fossil question.
    I wanna get a Skull Fossil and I was told that I can get one underground. My ID # Has to end with an odd # or an even # but I forgot which. My question is, how rare is it to find these kind of fossils? Can you find them by yourself?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    your Id # must be Odd also they are uncommon but can be found through persistence I remember finding quite the few in my Platinum so good luck mate.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    By looking at these IVs, I think that this Eevee is best off as Flareon or Leafeon.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    You do NOT want it to be a Leafeon or Flareon because of its nature. Timid nature lowers attack while it ups speed. Leafeon can use the speed boost but the attack drop hurt it. It's a double whammy for Flareon because Flareon is slow as crap AND it gets an attack drop. Both Jolteon and Espeon can use the +Speed and the attack drop doesn't hurt it.

...then again, what good physical attack moves does Flareon get? Superpower, Return and Fire Fang... /facepalm

Last edited:

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I wanna get a Skull Fossil and I was told that I can get one underground. My ID # Has to end with an odd # or an even # but I forgot which. My question is, how rare is it to find these kind of fossils? Can you find them by yourself?
    They are not that rare as far as im concerned because i spent 3 hours digging one day and found 8 skull fossil's.So its possible to find them.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    You do NOT want it to be a Leafeon or Flareon because of its nature. Timid nature lowers attack while it ups speed. Leafeon can use the speed boost but the attack drop hurt it. It's a double whammy for Flareon because Flareon is slow as crap AND it gets an attack drop. Both Jolteon and Espeon can use the +Speed and the attack drop doesn't hurt it.

...then again, what good physical attack moves does Flareon get? Superpower, Return and Fire Fang... /facepalm

Yeah I've decided to just use it for breeding.

Anyways, some more questions:

1. What is a good Pokémon (preferably catchable in Platinum) that can learn a sleep inducing move and has a decent speed stat (not Gengar though... I've used it WAY to many times)

2. What is a good surfing Pokémon (again, preferably catchable in Platinum) to use for my playthrough?

treecko0

Carpe Diem
    Years
    I used vaporeon for both my runs and it helped alot.... i would suggest using mudkipz but if you dont want to trade for one why not a milotic(always wanted one) and hipnosis is one of its egg move

Years
    If you're playing Platinum and your ID is odd numbered, you'll get Skull Fossils.
    If you're ID is even numbered, you'll have Armor Fossils.
    There's no such thing on 'how rare' you can get them, you will get them eventually and sometimes faster than you think. I think for rarity, I'll just say Uncommon. The most rare items are Condition-Booster rocks, plates and Old Ambers. And obviously, you can find them by yourself, with the Explorer's Kit and by digging.

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
    Yeah I've decided to just use it for breeding.

1. What is a good Pokémon (preferably catchable in Platinum) that can learn a sleep inducing move and has a decent speed stat (not Gengar though... I've used it WAY to many times)

2. What is a good surfing Pokémon (again, preferably catchable in Platinum) to use for my playthrough?
    1) roselia using grasswhistle
    2) gyrados

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years

1. Uhm. You could go for Hoppip. It learns Sleep Powder at level 16. Or Shroomish because it's got Spore, which has 100% accuracy. It learns it late though. Hoppip is at Route 205 but only with PokeRadar. Shroomish is at the Great Marsh.

2. Just use Bibarel. It learns Cut, Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Waterfall and Rock Climb so you don't have to waste slots on the rest of your team for TMs. It pairs well with Skarmory, who learns Cut, Fly, Defog and Rock Smash. Split your 8 HMs between those two and the rest of your team can battle merrily without having a wasted moveslot. You might have to trade for Skarmory though, depending on how far you are into your game. You won't see it until rather late.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Battle Frontier Question:

I can never get a long streak at the battle Frontier. I've been thinking about creating a new team specifically designed to excel in that area, but where would I begin? I need some basic instruction in that area, can anyone help?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    EV Training question:

I've just read a great EV training guide and I'm all set for my first EV training journey.

Just one question, how do I know what EVs are best for my pokemon?
    I'm going to start my EV training with a Lv24 Japanese Milotic. What EVs should I put into her? Should I spread them to SP Attack, SP Defense, and Defense? It has a relaxed nature so its speed will be killed and its defense will increase more.

Is there a list of pokemon with the proper EVs for them?
    I've heard that I should use the EVs that I want to use but I want the best for my first EV trained pokemon.

Back