• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

nm legend

Years
    hey quick question.......... will be able to catch any of the following in platinum:

shaymin
    cresselia
    darkrai
    an other regigigas after i catch the three "golems"

thanks in advanced...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Oy, now that brings a question to my mind.
    Event-exclusive items such as the Azure Flute...if one isn't used up, can it be held by a Pokemon and traded to another game?
    No. The Azure Flute, Member's Card and Oak's Letter are Key Items and can't be held by other Pokemon.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Can anyone advise me which is better at level 5? Sunkern or Shroomish. Sunkern has Absorb, Growth and Mega Drain whereas Shroomish has Tackle, Absorb and Stun Spore. Thanks in advanced.

Well Sunkern has an huge awesomeness factor but Shroomish is a lot stronger and is the better option.
    Also all of Shroomish's base stats are better than Sunkern's and Sunkern is the weakest Pokemon. Shroomish also has a better ability.

Last edited:

TheRatBoy

PokeYoutuber
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2011
    Shroomish enough said. Breloom far outclasses sunflora who has abysmal speed(in the long run this is). Plus Brelooms fighting typage can be quite handy( apart from the terrible flying weakness. However a sunflora with chlorophyll can work if you are prepared to teach it sunny day. Chlorphyll doubles it's speed in the harsh sun, which also makes for a one turn solarbeam.

However it's up to you and how it fits in your team. Breloom is a physical attacker whilst sunflora is a special attacker, which one is needed more in your team.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Movepool? Shroomish over Sunkern big time. Breloom is one awesome pokemon with great moves. It gets Mach Punch, Seed Bomb, Spore (as Shroomish) while Sunkern remains useless until it gets Seed Bomb (very late), Spore (very late) and Leaf Storm. Breloom uses those moves better than Sunflora plus it has a better variety of attacks so you won't get utterly walled by stuff like fire-types.

General Bloodbane

General of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    Egg Swap

Can anyone please tell me were in Platinum you go to do the egg swap... if its even called that...

Years
    I just diamond today and I'm at Orange burg city about to face a gym leader. I went back to the tv station and a clown is blocking my way. How do I get in there and get my mystery gift. please pm me for some answer

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I was wondering where the Egg Roulette is?

Whats the egg roulette? D;

I just diamond today and I'm at Orange burg city about to face a gym leader. I went back to the tv station and a clown is blocking my way. How do I get in there and get my mystery gift. please pm me for some answer

If your going to give city names, at least attempt to get them right! >:

You have to beat the first gym leader in Oreburgh city. Then deal with Team Galactic back in Jubilife city.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I was wondering where the Egg Roulette is?

By Egg Roulette I'm assuming you mean the feature that's lets you swap eggs with other trainers?

That is called Spin Trade. It's in the Union Room. You can only do Spin Trade locally.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2011
    Can anyone help me?

Hello,every body!

First i want to sorry if my english is bad but it is not my natianality and i am sorry if the tread is not in the right place but it is my first time in this forum.

so my question is:I play pokemon platinum and i want to trade my haunter and kadabra to evolve them into gengar and alakazam.OK.I watched videos how to do this(so please don't tell me the way) and everything was fine but when i enter the union room i try to talk to the another player it says tolking to the (name of the player) and 1 minute later on my left machine it says Whoops!soryy i have to do someting else.Another time OK?or someting like that.
    I trade with pokemon pearl.Please help me.

Back