• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    Another method (although it may be a bit more tedious and hard) would be to train that Pokemon up to whatever level you want it to be the normal way. Once it reaches that level, you could use the berries such as Kelpsy, Pomeg, etc(I can't remember the other ones, sorry) to lower all your Pokemon's EVs to 0. Then you can EV train it. If your Pokemon has a stat that has over 100 EVs for it, then feeding it one berry will reduce the stat's EVs to 100. From then on, every berry you feed it that lowers that stat's EVs will take away 10 EVs/berry. Hope that wasn't too confusing. Good luck!

Noo, I know what you mean =]
    Thank you.

You could also drop it off at the daycare and run around for a bit... But your moveset will get ruined.

True, but you can easily get your desired moves, depending on what you want.

Pick Up team and Rare Candies work, as well.

Or there is this way :P

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    True, but you can easily get your desired moves, depending on what you want.

Not if you are talking about egg moves.

My team is...
    Lvl 60 Gyrados - Waterfall
    Lvl 55 Gengar
    Lvl 56 Empoleon - Surf
    Lvl 54 Jolteon
    Lvl 55 Staraptor - Fly, Defog
    Lvl 25 Bibarel - Strength, Rock Climb, Cut, Rock Smash

I've cleared out most of the post-story events, but I need some good replacements that can hold the HM's still because as you can see, my team is very electric weak.

Any Pokemon
    Any Pokemon
    Any Pokemon
    Dragonite - Fly, Surf, Waterfall, Defog
    Kricketune - Sing, False Swipe, Cut, Flash
    Blaziken / Marowak / Rhyperior - Strength, Rock Climb, Rock Smash, Dig

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Move tutor?
    Or is it different in Platinum. I haven't explored these bits yet :P

You could never teach egg moves to a Pokemon via move tutor. You can teach moves it learns at level 0 (move relearner) or moves like Signal Beam, Explosion, or Helping Hand (Shard tutors) or moves like Frenzy Plant or Draco Meteor (Ultimate move tutors) at various move tutors.... But never Egg moves.

Years
    You could never teach egg moves to a Pokemon via move tutor. You can teach moves it learns at level 0 (move relearner) or moves like Signal Beam, Explosion, or Helping Hand (Shard tutors) or moves like Frenzy Plant or Draco Meteor (Ultimate move tutors) at various move tutors.... But never Egg moves.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, of course.
    My bad.
    Thanks for clearing that up ^.^

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    Alright, I have a question about the villa in platinum. To get the clock, it says I have to plant 50 berries. Do I have to wait until the berries are fully grown, or will just planting 50 berries in soil allow me to get the clock?

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    What are the best natures and why for each rotom form, including normal rotom? I'm about to SR for mine and I want to know which I should get.

Years
    Platinum Question

I know this rules for all III/IV games, but, when using exp share on a pokemon that does not battle, does he/she/it still get EV's?

another question, what's the ratio between attack EV points and Attack points?
    along w/ another >.< is it the same for all stats?

Kaseo

Cursed Being
    Years
    Yup. Exp. Share pokemon are still getting EV's. Just not as much obviously (Exp. and EV Share then)

I believe its 4 EV for +1 stat. So yeah, same for all stats.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Yes, it does. And it will be doubled if the pokemon has PokeRus.

4 EV points = One Stat point. I THINK the max for each stat is 252 EV points/63 stat points.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    What are the best natures and why for each rotom form, including normal rotom? I'm about to SR for mine and I want to know which I should get.

Generally, Timid is the way to go because you want more Speed on a Pokemon like Rotom. If you want more power, choose Modest.

El Softo

Porygon 2012
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2009
    Timid would be good, it lowers attack and raises speed.
    From viewing Bulbapedia, it looks like even the new forms' attack stat is still garbage so I wouldn't use it much.

When does Scizor learn Bullet Punch in Diamond?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Timid would be good, it lowers attack and raises speed.
    From viewing Bulbapedia, it looks like even the new forms' attack stat is still garbage so I wouldn't use it much.

When does Scizor learn Bullet Punch in Diamond?

It doesn't in Diamond.

In Platinum only, it learns it at level 1.

Back