• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I'm having trouble with EVs at the moment. I'm kind of new to the whole EV training thing, and I need some help.

You see, I'm training my Rotom, in Platinum, in the defense stat. It is in fact, holding a Power Belt. Now, checking Serebii, training off of some Pelippers would be good, and I did that. I remember one time, it gained a level and received +10 stat points for Defense. Now, I got the Secret Key yesterday, and turned it into the Rotom: Fan Forme. I trained it against 10 Pelippers, gained a level, and probably gained like, 20 EVs(I used the counter app in the Pokétch), and it only gained 3 stat points!

Now here's the question, does Rotom only gain the Defense stat in it's original forme, since the others have some increased stats? Or did I just already answer my question? >>

Thanks in advance for any help~

Jpp8 did a nice job covering the basics of EVs; however, your main question is about Rotom...? Regardless of its current form, Rotom will still count its EV points appropriately.

For example, if you EV trained an Attack Forme Deoxys in Attack and switch it to Defense Forme, its Attack stat will lower but it will still have those EV points earned in the Attack stat.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    Cloning Pokemonz

Hi guys.
    I've Bought AR. I have create the new code, and i 've followed the procedure on internet and the code i have put it's correct. I have the ITALIAN version of the game. Why doesn't work? Anyone has the same problem?

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Alright, I need help.
    It's been a long time since i've made poffins for any reason at all..
    But the main reason for this now is that I want to train a Milotic.
    What would berries would you recommend using to raise Feebas' beauty?
    I only ask 'cuz I forgot what flavors raise what.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Question for Japanese Platinum:

I need help using Mcdonald's Wi-Fi to get the Shaymin Event.

My Wi-fi Port died on me a while back, so I have no other choice but to go there to get it. I can't read Japanese, so I can't get onto McDonald's Wi-fi without help.

Is there an easy to print-out guide or something for this (Preferably with pictures to help guide me through it

I already have Mystery Gift, btw, as I obtained the Rotom and Darkrai events when I still had a usable Wi-fi Source

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Question for Japanese Platinum:

I need help using Mcdonald's Wi-Fi to get the Shaymin Event.

My Wi-fi Port died on me a while back, so I have no other choice but to go there to get it. I can't read Japanese, so I can't get onto McDonald's Wi-fi without help.

Is there an easy to print-out guide or something for this (Preferably with pictures to help guide me through it

I already have Mystery Gift, btw, as I obtained the Rotom and Darkrai events when I still had a usable Wi-fi Source

It depends on what kind of security is in place, if any. However, any game will work for setting up Wi-Fi regardless, as actually setting the connection is done with the system and not the game. So, if you managed to set up your Wi-Fi connection before using a game in your language, such as your Pokemon Pearl, then you can do so again, and it will still work with your Japanese Platinum.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It depends on what kind of security is in place, if any. However, any game will work for setting up Wi-Fi regardless, as actually setting the connection is done with the system and not the game. So, if you managed to set up your Wi-Fi connection before using a game in your language, such as your Pokemon Pearl, then you can do so again, and it will still work with your Japanese Platinum.

Okay. Looks like I'll have to dust off my Pearl and take it with me next time.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I need to clarify something about the new Platinum Formes

They CAN be used in battle against D/P, just not Wi-Fi.

The people of Smogon discovered this shortly after the game's Japanese release.

I myself have tried all the new formes at least once against my Brother's Diamond.

Basically, they look like the original formes to the person with Diamond or Pearl, but their Abilities, Stats, and Typing are that of their new formes.

Platinum Orb(Forgot its Stupid English name) cannot be Stolen, Tricked, or Knocked Off, similar to the Plates when on Arceus. Gamefreak most likely did this so that Origin Forme could be used in Local Wireless like the 6 other new formes.

The reason why I'm stating this is because I've seen many people that think that they are completely unusable against D/P

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    They're unusable on Wi-Fi. Their stats, abilities, etc... revert to the normal form.

In the Union Room, I've heard they're usable, though they'll use the regular sprite. But I can't confirm it and haven't tested it myself.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    They're unusable on Wi-Fi. Their stats, abilities, etc... revert to the normal form.

I know that already.

Read the beginning of my post again:

They CAN be used in battle against D/P, just not Wi-Fi.

I'm not 100% sure on Union Room, I just do a direct PvP Battle by talking to the lady to the right of where you enter the Union Room.

And they still show thew New Forme Sprites on the copy of Platinum that's battling D/P. I'm not sure about what your Opponent sees when doing Platinum vs Platinum.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    They can't be used on Wi-Fi? That's pretty stupid. They should just behave the same as the do during a local wireless battle with DP.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    If you connect Platinum to Platinum, the new formes can be seen.
    If you connect Platinum to Diamond/Pearl, the new formes can't be seem.

Although, just to let anyone know, that the formes will not appear because,
    certain items are required to change their formes. Like Giratina for example.

Their stats will not change and their moves will not be removed.
    So, you understand? I hope I helped clear this the best I could.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2009
    Question regarding transfers from FireRed and Emerald to Plat.

If I were to transfer a pokemon that evolves from link trades such as a Machoke or Kadabra from my FireRed or Emerald to Platinum will the pokemon evolve or will they stay as the same form? I am hoping they evolve as this is one of the only ways I can get them without having to go and find someone to trade with. Thanks in advance for the help.

Back