• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    Thanks! I guess I will just have to wait for a Larvitar and Beldum swarm.

I do have another question. Is there only one gengar in the old chateau? I went in the room, walked around, on my first battle I got one but it was an admant one. I am looking for a timid/modest. Do I have to reset the game or can I keep looking?

Last edited:

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    Gravelers offer 2 DEF EVs per. PokeRus bumps that up to 4.
    Power Bracer gives you 4 DEF EVs per Pokemon fought. PokeRus makes that 8.

So, then you will get 12 EVs per Graveler, and you want 252 to max it out.
    You want 21.

Also, you can use 10 Iron and 10 Calcium. Having 100 EVs in another stat will not stop you from using the vitamins for one stat.

Okay. But it won't really mess up my EVs will it? If not then how many gravelors will I need to kill then?

Darkraia

Queen of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    Pokemon Stats

I want to know what are the best stats for any pokemon depending on their different natures this is referring to Pokemon Platinum by the way

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Can you save your game during the chaining process then reset if your chain breaks and come back to the point in the chain in which you were at before you saved?

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    When you go into the house before Stark Mountain, does the woman do anything for you if you say Yes to her offer to unnecessarily revive your party a multitude of times?

Celph Titled

iBattle
    Years
    I do have another question. Is there only one gengar in the old chateau? I went in the room, walked around, on my first battle I got one but it was an admant one. I am looking for a timid/modest. Do I have to reset the game or can I keep looking?

i believe you can keep searching as long as the GBA game pack is still inserted.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    When you go into the house before Stark Mountain, does the woman do anything for you if you say Yes to her offer to unnecessarily revive your party a multitude of times?

I don't think so... probably not.

Years
    Okay, I am still trying to master EV training and I'm a bit confused about the power items:
    So I am trying to EV train my Espeon in speed. Therefore I am searching along Rt 227 for Poliwhirl which give 2 EV for speed.

Then, if I use the macho brace, each Poliwhirl would give me 4 EV for speed, correct?
    But, here is where I get confused. If I used the power anklet, would that give me the two normal EVs PLUS 4 more for EVs for speed? (=6 EV speed)

Or do the special items used mean you get 4 EVs for speed regardless of what Pokemon you battle? So I could battle say, a Golduck (which would give 2 for Sp. A) and still get 4 speed EV? (if this is true, would you JUST get 4 EV speed or 2 EV Sp. A and ALSO 4 EV speed?)

Sorry if this is confusing to understand.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Okay, I am still trying to master EV training and I'm a bit confused about the power items:
    So I am trying to EV train my Espeon in speed. Therefore I am searching along Rt 227 for Poliwhirl which give 2 EV for speed.

Then, if I use the macho brace, each Poliwhirl would give me 4 EV for speed, correct?
    But, here is where I get confused. If I used the power anklet, would that give me the two normal EVs PLUS 4 more for EVs for speed?

Or does the special items used mean you get 4 EVs for speed regardless of what Pokemon you battle? So I could battle say, a Golduck (which would give 2 for Sp. A and still get 4 speed EV?)
    Yes, Poliwhirl will give you 4 + 2 (6) EVs total for speed. Also, if you are battling another Pokemon for another stat (lets say Bidoof for 1 Point in HP), you will get 1 HP EV and 4 Speed EVs from the Power Anklet. Yes to both questions.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Can you save your game during the chaining process then reset if your chain breaks and come back to the point in the chain in which you were at before you saved?
    Noo you can't, you have to start from scratch everytime you chain and if you save your chain breaks.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

No because that will break your chain just like what Yukio said. What you can do is just put your DS or DSI to charge, and just close it with neither saving or shutting it off. Then when you are ready to chain again just open your DS or DSI back and you'll start off just the way you are without breaking your chain.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Is Perish Song considered an illeal "0HKO" move?

It's considered a Phazing move.

i believe you can keep searching as long as the GBA game pack is still inserted.

You can actually remove the game pack. As long as the game pack was in there when the console was turned on, then it will work. Inserting the game pack AFTER starting the game up will NOT work, though.

Years
    About the roaming Pokémon

Is it true that if you KO a roaming Pokémon, and then beat the Elite Four again, it's possible to summon it Pokémon again? I've heard this somewhere, but it seems a bit weird for it to be true. It would be beneficial for natures though...

Years
    I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty certain that once a roaming Pokemon or Legendary Pokemon is KOed, it doesn't come back. Ever.

Only exception was if you KOed Giratina in the Distortion World.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty certain that once a roaming Pokemon or Legendary Pokemon is KOed, it doesn't come back. Ever.

Only exception was if you KOed Giratina in the Distortion World.

In Platinum, some legendaries will regenerate upon beating the Elite Four.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    Gravelers offer 2 DEF EVs per. PokeRus bumps that up to 4.
    Power Bracer gives you 4 DEF EVs per Pokemon fought. PokeRus makes that 8.

So, then you will get 12 EVs per Graveler, and you want 252 to max it out.
    You want 21.

Also, you can use 10 Iron and 10 Calcium. Having 100 EVs in another stat will not stop you from using the vitamins for one stat.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa!! I thought you are only allowed to eat 10 vitamins max.

Back