• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    EDIT: Wow, I'm a slow typer... XD

The first Lugia is a hack.

The second looks legit, but the previous owner could have also hacked the event item that let them go to Navel Rock.

Rayquaza, I'm not sure, I can't remember where "Canyon Entrance" is in the game. But I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be found in "Sky Pillar". Also he's always found at level 50 to my knowledge.

Kyogre and Groudon are both hacked.

Ho-Oh is the same as Lugia. Could be legit, or the event could be hacked.

Latios is a hack.

Elena

¦:-]
    Years
    What does Action Replay do?
    I know someone on another site who has it and he says he can use it to get any Pokemon, and I don't have a problem with that. BUT what I was also wondering is if Pokemon you get with Action Replay are considered hacks, because if they are I want to avoid trading with him, as I like legit Pokemon.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    I know someone on another site who has it and he says he can use it to get any Pokemon, and I don't have a problem with that. BUT what I was also wondering is if Pokemon you get with Action Replay are considered hacks, because if they are I want to avoid trading with him, as I like legit Pokemon.

Action replay does lots of things. Like for one, it can give all items, it can give shiny pokemon, it can change levels, check ivs, LOTS of things. But the pokemon caught with action replay are considered hacks. So if you like legit pokemon, don't trade with him.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years

On most websites and to most people, pokemon obtain with AR are considered hacks. However, it depends on the person. Some people are find with AR if it is used only to clone pokemon so that someone can build a collection without having to give up what they're got so far. And some people don't mind ARing to add EVs and moved for battling, as long as the moves and EVs are legit for that pokemon.
    It's up to you really, but in most parts of the pokemon world, AR is hacking and not allowed. =P

Elena

¦:-]
    Years
    On most websites and to most people, pokemon obtain with AR are considered hacks. However, it depends on the person. Some people are find with AR if it is used only to clone pokemon so that someone can build a collection without having to give up what they're got so far. And some people don't mind ARing to add EVs and moved for battling, as long as the moves and EVs are legit for that pokemon.
    It's up to you really, but in most parts of the pokemon world, AR is hacking and not allowed. =P
    Ah, okay. Thank you. I'll be sure to remember that :)

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2016
    Ok, I'm doing a water monotype challenge on Diamond, and I was wondering. Should I trade over any water starters (other than Piplup, obviously) for the challenge? Or should I stick to just Sinnoh dex pokemon?

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    Okay so I need to get a Munchlax, but reading up on the honey tree thing it really confuses me. Can anyone tell me some tips on making it easier to get it one to appear, or how the whole honey trees work, like the columns and whatnot. Or is it just pure luck and chance to get one to appear. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    Okay so I need to get a Munchlax, but reading up on the honey tree thing it really confuses me. Can anyone tell me some tips on making it easier to get it one to appear, or how the whole honey trees work, like the columns and whatnot. Or is it just pure luck and chance to get one to appear. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

I honestly have never gotten a Munchlax from trees. But this is the best option:

1)Buy as much honey as you possibly can.
    2)Go to any trees you are guaranteed to remember the locations of.
    3)Put honey on all those trees.
    4)Wait 12-24 hours come back and check EVERY tree you put it on.

There is only a 1% chance on d/p, i'm unsure of Platinums chances. So all you can do is keep hoping until you get one.

Ok, I'm doing a water monotype challenge on Diamond, and I was wondering. Should I trade over any water starters (other than Piplup, obviously) for the challenge? Or should I stick to just Sinnoh dex pokemon?

Depends on personal preference, I say bring over a couple of the ones that you can't get till late in the game, like kingdra/horsea. Theres not a lot of water pokemon in sinnoh from my experience with the game.

Last edited:

Jordan...

Hello :D
    Years
    [Platinum] How do you clone?

Just wondering how you clone in pokémon platinum? Without cheating.
    If anyone knows could you please tell me.

Thanx
    Jordan

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    1. Go to the GTS and Deposit your Pokemon
    2. When the waiting screen comes up when you selected to deposite your Pokemon wait 15-18 seconds, then turn off your game.
    3. Turn your game back on and your game will say "your game data has been corrupted, you will start from your last save point"
    4. Check your party to see if the Pokemon you were trying to clone is still in it.
    5. Go to the GTS and your withdraw your cloned Pokemon.

PS: This could take a few tries, it took me 3 to just clone my Infernape...

That's the only way:)

Keep in mind, this is at risk to your game.

Jordan...

Hello :D
    Years
    1. Go to the GTS and Deposit your Pokemon
    2. When the waiting screen comes up when you selected to deposite your Pokemon wait 15-18 seconds, then turn off your game.
    3. Turn your game back on and your game will say "your game data has been corrupted, you will start from your last save point"
    4. Check your party to see if the Pokemon you were trying to clone is still in it.
    5. Go to the GTS and your withdraw your cloned Pokemon.

PS: This could take a few tries, it took me 3 to just clone my Infernape...

That's the only way:)

Keep in mind, this is at risk to your game.

:) Thanx m8

Another question.. Why wont shaymin show on my pokédex?

bubbles101

NUMBER 1 KITTY FAN (& POKEMON)
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    How do you earn the National pokedex??? Soz to be such a pain but I dont know THAT much about these pokemon games!!!!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Where do i get the app where it tells you if your pokemon lyks you?

the title says it all...??? PLLZZZZ TELL MEE

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    How do you earn the National pokedex??? Soz to be such a pain but I dont know THAT much about these pokemon games!!!!

Complete the Sinnoh Dex and beat the Elite 4, then go and visit Prof. Rowan, and Oak will enter and upgrade your Sinnoh Dex to the National Dex ;D

Do ball seals and capsules do anything to the pokemon, other than look good.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Complete the Sinnoh Dex and beat the Elite 4, then go and visit Prof. Rowan, and Oak will enter and upgrade your Sinnoh Dex to the National Dex ;D

Actually, the only real prerequisite is completing the Sinnoh Pokedex, which can be done by either capturing or battling in-game all of the included Pokemon. Wi-Fi battles do not count, although Wi-Fi trades do.

Back