• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2009
    Help in Platinum

i need some to help me get arceus or darkrai because i dont know where to find it

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Arceus and Darkrai are event only Pokemon and you need to go to Nintendo events to get them.

Ahem, this needs a little clarification. You can only get Darkrai through an "event" of sorts, but it doesn't have to be at a certain time. When you beat Pokémon Rangers: Shadows on Almia, you can unlock a missoin to get Darkrai, and transfer it to D/P/Pt.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Ahem, this needs a little clarification. You can only get Darkrai through an "event" of sorts, but it doesn't have to be at a certain time. When you beat Pokémon Rangers: Shadows on Almia, you can unlock a missoin to get Darkrai, and transfer it to D/P/Pt.

This may be so, but there was a time limit to unlock the mission for Darkrai. If you did not beat Pokémon Ranger Shadows of Almia, and/or did not download the Darkrai Mission through Wi-fi by the time of January 31, you will not be able to obtain the Darkrai to transfer it to Diamond and Pearl. However, besides getting that Darkrai, if you have Wi-fi you could ask for one in the Quick Trade Center.

Years
  • HP: Route 205 (Shellos and Bidoof; 1 HP EV each) or Route 201 (Bidoof; 1 HP EV each)
    Attack: Route 207 (Machop; 1 Attack EV each)
    Defense: Oreburgh Gate (Geodude; 1 Defense EV each)
    Sp. Atk: Old Chateau (Gastly; 1 sp. atk EV each) or Resort Area (Surfing: Golduck; 2 sp. atk EVs each)
    Sp. Def: Most Surfing routes (Tentacool; 1 sp. def EV each)
    Speed: Ravaged Path (Zubat; 1 speed EV each)

In my humble opinion, anyway.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    how many days does it take to grow berries... how much should i water them..

Well it all varies. If you put mulch on the berries, they should grow faster. While with watering them with the watering can, it does not really matter. However, you could water your berries a lot in order to get more amount of berries. It doesn't help your berries grow faster, but it helps it get more berries. Mulch is probably the only way to help your berries grow faster. To obtain mulch, get to the entrance of the hallway in Hearthome City which is located left of Hearthome, and go to the Berry Master. The girl in the pink shirt shall give you mulch.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    how many days does it take to grow berries... how much should i water them..

Here is a guide on the berrys growing times that I found on RarityGuide. Google if you need to look there.

Also, I do not think there is any scale on how much watering helps them. It doesn't help by much though. I couldn't find a guide, I would just not worry about watering.

Spoiler:

When it reaches maturity, it will have berries on it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Well it all varies. If you put mulch on the berries, they should grow faster. While with watering them with the watering can, it does not really matter. However, you could water your berries a lot in order to get more amount of berries. It doesn't help your berries grow faster, but it helps it get more berries. Mulch is probably the only way to help your berries grow faster. To obtain mulch, get to the entrance of the hallway in Hearthome City which is located left of Hearthome, and go to the Berry Master. The girl in the pink shirt shall give you mulch.

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

olliem

In Soviet Russia, Ducks Pwn U!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2009
    capturing mesprit

i'm trying to capture mesprit. and it's annoying.
    i've used gengar's mean look + i've used hypnosis.
    it has literally no hp (you nearly can't see the red)
    and... after 40 ultra balls, it still isn't captured.
    i have 60 left... is there anything wrong?
    additional info: it usually doesn't rumble at all, sometimes once.

Last edited:

olliem

In Soviet Russia, Ducks Pwn U!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2009
    What I did was I got it down to red hp, put it to sleep then ran away.
    Next encounter with it, I just tossed a quick ball, and caught it.
    it seemed like a very good idea, but after 25 quick balls, exactly the same. I progressed though - some of the attempts were 2 rumbles. Thanks for the idea... i'll spend more money and time on it on another day.

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    What I did was I got it down to red hp, put it to sleep then ran away.
    Next encounter with it, I just tossed a quick ball, and caught it.

You must have gotten lucky. Quick balls work like ultra balls when tossed on the first turn. On all the other turns, they work like poke balls.

What I did to capture mesprit was I lowered it to red then gave it all the status effects. Threw ultra ball then done.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    i'd paralyze. its a lasting status condition. i would use timer balls if you put it too sleep. the catching rate increases with each turn
    your very lucky

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Yeah, mesperit is hard as nails for capturing. i had to follow it all day >.>
    Mine was on red and i kept tossing any ball i had.

Farasha

The Eevee Lady
    Years
  • Breeding question -

I've been trying to turn out Charmanders with DD so I can chain breed it to Larvitars.

I have a male Dratini and a female Charmander in the daycare center. The Dratini knows Dragon Dance.

Why don't any of the Charmanders I'm hatching know Dragon Dance as an egg move?

Back